Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Sui Generis + Exanima Early Access

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's Epic dude....

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He killed me while swinging for an undead dude :argh:

Your own fault. Play some Doubles and Skirmishes in the Arena mode to practice fighting with companions. It's actually easier in campaign as you rarely (but not never) meet more than one opponent. So you can kite the undead while Darren approaches from behind and whacks the zombie with his axe. Even got a kill from a single blow once.

He killed me while swinging for an undead dude :argh:

That answers my question. Yep, still the same gray-brown puke-demo with free-flinging ragdoll physics. Good to know, one less shit "game" (if one could call this that) to avoid. Oh but I'm sure I'm missing out on a riveting role-playing experience with great quest-design and writing and everything.

Cadmus

Arcane
Any changes to the Arena?
Fuck me, I really didn't believe they'd realease anything new.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Combat is harder for me. I'm getting a lot of overheads to the head, the AI is way more accurate with those.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah,acording to steam they enchanced AI.
Arena is changed too - they somehow overlooked AI from low skilled hirelings, so they are too agressive so they die too fast, but that should be fixed soon.

Bocian

Arcane
Remember the last opponent in the arena, the one kind of fantasy-looking?
Well, now he has slightly more Rennaisance-like vibes.
cq2N3bd.png

I beat him up, and got an error as a reward.
7wxn1je.png

Also I've noticed slight changes to the equipment, opponents look different and there's a few stuff added, like cuisses or bevors.

throwaway

Cipher
Has there been anything on the over-world portion of Sui Generis in the past few years? I remember being equally interested in their landscape creation engine as by their combat but it's been so long "Exanima" practically erased Sui Generis in my mind?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally got back from vacation and managed to finish first level again. And map it of course. See spoiler for map, and second spoiler for stuff that's new.
OTFMyPn.png

Done in Grid Cartographer, :bro: Hidden Asbestos, edited a bit in Paint.Net for pretty.
  • lots of rounded walls (previously only found on lower levels)
  • gear adjustment (you can get chain shirt earlier, armoury at the end of the maze now has lamellar/plate breastplates; sword/two handed sword easier to find)
  • enemy adjustments (some got much nicer weapons)
  • "outdoor" (outcave?) areas! Some of the previously existing boring corridors got changed into caves/tunnels, and some new tunnels added to provide shortcuts.
  • mysterious secret item + really cool dagger (if you are into this kind of weapon) in a hidden chest in one of the new areas

Really love the changes. Hopefully won't have to wait another 2 years for next big update :P

Also, if anyone wants GC map of this let me know, I can share on google drive or something.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Bocian some Italian armor?
Italian-made for Henry VIII, King of England. He owned a whole bunch of different suits over time and got pretty fat later on after getting severely injured in a tournament and suffering gout iirc.
Suit's seemingly nothing special aside from the anima-looking reinforcements (?) on the breastplate. I don't know if it's an actual anima configuration or what, would be a bit of an odd choice for a field suit though imo. Then again, there is a real anima suit for a child around as well, but that one seems to gap as it's only held together via leather rather than a combo with sliding rivets.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How are you guys fairing against
the Blademasters
I took one down without any red damage although it was a drawn out six minute duel. Polearms seem to defeat its parrying somewhat reliably.

throwaway

Cipher
So I've been lost the past few days inside this. I'm between saying that it is good value for 15E and thinking it wouldn't pass the QA of any major publishers due to being a pain in the ass to play. I've not been as frustrated by an engine since NWN2. It's not that i's buggy like that POS was, it's that walking around the dungeon with that fiddly and slow drag-in-the-direction-you-want is very cumbersome. Add the constant stumbling on walls and objects and I miss the admittedly-less realistic WASD of 3rd person or even the first person exploration of Bethengine.
I've played arena to not see the "drunken swordfighting" elements anymore though and instead enjoy the fighting system as more or less what is sold.
Now I want to believe as much as anyone in 2012 did, but absent extensive evidence of SuiGeneris work
I'd say, as much as I enjoy this, that it looks about right as being the fruits of of 6 years of development by a tiny inexperienced team.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
oldbonebrown post screens from the new map to prove you like the game not just the idea of it

I'm at this point not entirely convinced by the game. The combat becomes drawn out when both of you are tin cans that can't get hurt, and the AI is damn good at defending itself making especially battles with shield carrying enemies very long winded. I think I might just not be very good at it, but since I almost can't get hurt it's not much of a problem. A lot of small little details bug me, the pixelhunt to pick up items, how tedious it is to move things around, getting knocked out just to wake up to the same enemy, the absence of a keyring... still a fun and interesting game but I'm not sure they can turn it into an wholly satisfying experience.

I haven't played all the levels that were in the game before this update, but I believe this is the new level
Neat statue at the entrance
4IdOnqM.jpg

20 minute tedious battle ahead
yF6u5xD.jpg

Fool about to get robbed of his fly armour
YvkgXMD.jpg

Nigga better dealt with using a two handed weapon
n0NpUi4.jpg

Secret room with green thing that seemingly does nothing yet
PMsLAXD.jpg

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Look at my thunder stick, you can do some serious bullying with this thing
NPqvx9s.jpg

I have no idea how you are supposed to beat these fellows without abusing that they can't deal with small spaces. I did encounter a v leet smaller guy with a long weapon who seemed to avoid getting into tight spaces.
QcpacOi.jpg

Companion hopelessly stuck. I've encountered a lot more of enemies getting their weapons stuck on one side of the door and them on the other than I remember from earlier versions
DAawQjL.jpg

V_K

Arcane
The combat becomes drawn out when both of you are tin cans that can't get hurt, and the AI is damn good at defending itself making especially battles with shield carrying enemies very long winded.
I remember the Frayed Knights dev did a blogpost on how he had to actually dumb down his original AI code in some aspects for the battles not to be too frustrating or tedious. I guess these guys are yet to learn this lesson.

Cadmus

Arcane
Look at my thunder stick, you can do some serious bullying with this thing
NPqvx9s.jpg

I have no idea how you are supposed to beat these fellows without abusing that they can't deal with small spaces. I did encounter a v leet smaller guy with a long weapon who seemed to avoid getting into tight spaces.
QcpacOi.jpg

Companion hopelessly stuck. I've encountered a lot more of enemies getting their weapons stuck on one side of the door and them on the other than I remember from earlier versions
DAawQjL.jpg
I hope the autists fix the fucking inventory.
Nice weapon - what does it do? I bet the game doesn't tell you what's even in the socket...?

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I hope the autists fix the fucking inventory.
Nice weapon - what does it do? I bet the game doesn't tell you what's even in the socket...?

I only half read the notes that I find so it might have been explained somewhere but I do not believe so. There was a note in the room where I found the foe wearing the mask that said wearing it kept him alive longer, but that is all. When I picked the mask and the mace up the sockets were empty and I had to put one of the glowy sticks into it. Green regenerates red health, blue is electricity, dunno what amber does. Aside from the added damage the blue electricity effect also stuns enemies. The thicc ass mace is enough to make a boys knees weak on its own, with the added effect of the electricity it finishes the job quickly. That one and the large axe that I have now makes fighting regular enemies a lot more fun, especially when there are several of them at once.
The effect does drain after a while, but blue crystals are plentiful as long as you have no problem beating the large sentry enemies. I also found a blue crystal in one of the final rooms of that level which depletes very quickly but also recharges, a good compromise. Fortunately all of the gems drain when actually being used and not because of time, that level is an absolute clusterfuck of endless gray corridors to get lost in. The game really needs some common loot that you are always happy to find, it doesn't do a lot for me when I find another rusted cuirass in a similarly dull room as the one I found the last one in.

I'm back to being a bit in love with the game, it's so deliciously janky.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
The combat becomes drawn out when both of you are tin cans that can't get hurt, and the AI is damn good at defending itself making especially battles with shield carrying enemies very long winded.
Yeah I usually end up taking to aiming to their right with a right handed swing and crouching at the last moment so that my swing connects with their foot, granted only do this when they are backing up if they are coming forward you will probably get a vertical blow to the face before you can return to a standing position and backup.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom