Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King under the Mountain - sim-based fantasy city builder

Zsinj

Novice
Wow, sorry I managed to forget about this thread, only for people to piss all over it which I'll never understand.

ENDU OF THE RINE

If you'd read more than 4 words into the title you'll see that we're going to re-launch the campaign. Unfortunately optimistic with the original goal but things are going to be re-worked to be more appealing as well as detailing more of the core game experience, including how its different to Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld or its many other inspirations.

some questions

- Will the different races mean any real difference in playstyle?
- What is the timescale?
- will you get new pawns from outside the map or by pawns multiplying?
- How autonomous will pawns be?

1) Very much so, the different races are to play radically different to each other, which we'll have a longer, better explanation of on the new kickstarter page.
2) Having failed the original goal things have had to be pushed a bit farther out unfortunately, so now it'll be the first alpha release before the end of the year (targetting November) with monthly or bi-monthly content releases after that, stretching out to about 5 years.
3) A bit of both, and also dependent on race. Orcs will quickly spawn into being whereas dwarves and humans can procreate albeit slowly, and they'll all attract immigrants from off the map.
4) The goal is to have them as autonomous as possible but with the option to prioritize certain jobs - you won't be controlling any units directly (except in the turn-based combat) and they should also automate the creation and assignment of jobs (such as crafting jobs to fulfil furniture requirements elsewhere, as an example).

Norfleet

circ

Arcane
ENDU OF THE RINE
Funding Canceled
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 3 days ago.
Remember when I said...
I call vaporware. Everyone remembers what happened LAST time, right? Are people still believers in this? What happened to "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"?

And they laughed. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, BITCHES?
Remember when they bullied Todd Howard for being in the chess club? Well, he went on to make Oblivion and other great games.

I think you should stop laughing, this is no game.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"A simulation-based, settlement-building strategy/management game"

4e0c1e203a6cd860334ad29b346b443a_original.gif

Kinda looks a lot like RimWorld, but gameplay will be different, on a larger scale and with different goals. Apparently you build a settlement and gear it for outfitting adventuring parties, and send them out to raid dungeons. The dev says it's a city manager with an RPG added on. The development roadmap has a bunch of interesting stuff I've never seen before.

Looks pretty interesting, I pledged, you should too.

Norfleet

Haven't we seen this one before? Wasn't this a scam last time, too?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is Dwarf Fortress?
A game that still doesn't feature a proper control scheme (yes, that means good mouse support) last time I looked.
If it had that, games like these would be pretty much unnecessary.
I agree, I've tried to get into DF but I'm just too much of a filthy popamolist I suppose. At this point Rimworld looks a lot more appealing. Then again, DF is free, so there's no financial incentive for the dev to make the game more accessible, and DF would probably never be the game it is if accessibility had ever been a concern in the first place. I'm happy that DF exists, even though it's not for me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looked at the prototype. It's nowhere near any type of game yet but the pieces are there. Click where you want walls to go, click where you want furniture to go, click where you want trees to be chopped and stone mined. We all know how this works at the basic level. As a proof that this guy can actually make something, it works.

crakkie

Arcane
The campaign says they expect this to go to early access in "late 2020". I guess my grandkids can look forward to playing 1.0 one day.

Zsinj

Novice
Haven't we seen this one before? Wasn't this a scam last time, too?

There's a playable prototype that exists for you to go and play right now, why do you think it's a scam? It's not That Which Sleeps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom