Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #52: Beast of Winter Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Beast of Winter

Last week Obsidian officially revealed the Beast of Winter expansion DLC for Pillars of Eternity II in a Twitch broadcast. For those who missed that news, they've now published a Fig update about it, with some screenshots and details about Vatnir, the expansion's grotesque Godlike sidekick.

Vatnir, a New Sidekick

If you tuned into the stream or took a look at the VOD, you may have noticed Vatnir, the sickly-looking Endings Godlike. This new sidekick has been a studio favorite since his conception, and we've been anxiously waiting to finally, officially, reveal him to the community.

Vatnir is a rare Priest of Rymrgand with the Condemnation domain and a focus in Famine, Entropy, and Winter. Additionally, any spells that depend upon a priest's god and faith reflect Rymrgand's portfolio. Vatnir's Spiritual Weapon summons dual battle axes, Incarnate summons a scourge, and both the Call and Symbol of Rymrgand summons the cold from Rymrgand's realm to freeze his enemies. If Vatnir is just one too many priests to have in your party, he also has the option to multiclass as a Celebrant (Priest+Chanter), or a Zealot (Priest+Rogue).

Vatnir's role won't just end with the DLC, however - you can bring him on your adventures throughout the Deadfire and he will chime in where he can...If he survives what awaits him in the cold depths of Harbinger's Watch.​

In other news, Obsidian have released a minor new patch for Pillars II that gives players the option to buy the items from the pre-release secret code scavenger hunt if they don't have them (a category that includes all players on non-Steam platforms). You can read the patch notes for that here.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Z0dTpIL.jpg

PoE is such torture for me. I look at it and reflexively take a quiet breath of excitement. Is this real? At long last? Then I remember how bored I was on my way to Defiance Bay, or how I just was mindlessly stumbling to...grass city (citation?) when I stopped and asked, "what am I doing"? Only to quit, not load the game for weeks, and just uninstall it because I couldn't care. Terrabytes of free storage, yet I uninstalled a game that was 90% complete because I couldn't understand why I was playing it anymore. That's pitiful.

I really do not appreciate the mechanics under its hood. That's my biggest gripe. I can't get over the bastardized quasi-4th Edition D&D with shitty spell casting. I also couldn't become interested in a setting that was a mediocre, contrarian, Forgotten Realms doppelganger with tortured phonetics. It's just so fucking close. Even still I look at it and think...maybe I should give it another try? I even have a free copy of PoE II that I haven't even installed yet. I tell myself that I'm waiting for all of the DLC to be completed, but in my heart I know that the specter of disappointment is actually what keeps me from playing it. What bothers me more than knowing the chicken nuggets are made with wood pulp--is that I can taste it. Despite my best efforts to swallow the deceptive aroma and savor it...the wood pulp is undeniable.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I enjoyed the text adventures of the original and those in the White March. They were among the better parts of the game, using them instead of visual cinematic events, etc. At the same time, the writing has to be good for the thing to really work.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
White March was two times better than Icewind Dale, and three times better than IWD2.

I dont think anyone will argue this since Obsidiantards love everything by Obsidian and nobody beside them bought that DLC.

ArchAngel

Arcane
White March was two times better than Icewind Dale, and three times better than IWD2.
Considering White March was based on crap combat system, engine and characters there is 0% this is true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom