Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Vegas 2 even less likely to happen - Todd keeping FO in house

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All these kids waiting for FO:NV 2, when FO 3 never came out...

typical user

Arbiter
While it's funny to translate it that way, that quote is just standard PR-speak. A lot of words that in the end don't say anything. It's how you talk to the lowest common denominator.
If interviewers had any balls they'd call out people when they do this. In fact they should be offended to be talked at in this way. But they don't have balls and more often than not interviewers are just part of the lowest common denominator themselves.

The problem with journos is they need to be ass lickers and not ask too many questions or they won't get to interview people who are in charge of companies - which will make it harder for them to get material and lose their money from customers that get news from them. Plus the person who would do that would get fired and probably blacklisted from other people from news genre for breaking the unwritten code of conduit.

That's why influencers, freelancers and those who do not work for The Guardian or other major companies should get the money and support, well at least those who are not afraid to do their homework and throw shit at people like Todd who deserve it. They won't get a chance for an interview with CEOs unless they are also important and their voice carries some weight and brings money on the table.

Well I would love to have someone say directly to Todd's face their games are made for 8 year olds and have retarded stories and they are just making money thanks to excellent marketing team but no one wants to risk their career for a moment of honesty.

Trashos

Arcane
Isn't she married to a billionaire? Maybe he does business with Bethesda or simply he goes wherever the fuck he wants.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's probably better that way. With Obsidian games we don't know whether they are good or not, with Bethesda games we know they're never good.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The gurl from big bang theory. idk wtf she was doing there.
A bunch of celebs and LA trash were invited to the Fallout 4 launch party. Max Landis reported that it was a disaster, with miserable devs who looked like they felt like they were trapped at their own party, and a bunch of people who had no idea what a Fallout was.

Trashos

Arcane
Ah yes, the beauty of hiring party organizer companies (or whatever they are called). They go around in LA clubs interviewing people to check if they are worthy of being invited to future parties that the Company will organize. The first thing they ask is "what's your occupation?". Yes, I have been interviewed, and no, I was never invited to a party by such a company. Being a student (back then) was not cool enough, probably.

All this is probably common knowledge to Americans, but I am writing it for the Europeans who may not know.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1446848286937.png
jAnRnWn.png

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Fallout New Vegas is the new Final Fantasy VII it seems. A good game that years after its release a lot of fanbois overrate and overhype to the extreme...

No, New Vegas was not the pinnacle of RPGs... In fact, it was not a pure RPG at all, it was an Action-RPG like FO3... Sure, it had some more C&C and some better writting, but it was still essentially a standalone FO3 expansion and it regressed from it in some things like the worse map (with less freedom of movement) for example.

It was a good game, and a sequel would be fine, i guess, if you count the fact that there are no worthwhile single player AAA games getting made anymore, so i suppose a NV2 would be something...

I grew up with the original Fallouts and even though i own ALL fallout games ever released, i don't care about the franchise anymore. Frankly speaking even the originals are hugely overrated, especially on this forum. While they are the go-to example of what an RPG IS, as games per se, they were nothing spectacular. They were short, full of bugs, and most skills were useless. FO1 and 2 were the only games i have ever played were only 1 skill truly mattered: Small Guns. Get 100% small guns, get Power armor, you OP, you win. Most skills were so rarely useful that essentially you gimped your character by putting points on them... I spent my summers as a teenager playing them but i never understood what their hype was about. Fallout Tactics was fine but no one really playtested the damn thing, the difficulty was all over the place and it was a chore to complete. FO3 and FONV were fun shooter-rpgs i enjoyed but still don't get why so much hype... FO4 was garbage and after seeing FO76 i am done with the franchise. You should be, too.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Fallout New Vegas is the new Final Fantasy VII it seems. A good game that years after its release a lot of fanbois overrate and overhype to the extreme...

No, New Vegas was not the pinnacle of RPGs... In fact, it was not a pure RPG at all, it was an Action-RPG like FO3... Sure, it had some more C&C and some better writting, but it was still essentially a standalone FO3 expansion and it regressed from it in some things like the worse map (with less freedom of movement) for example.

It was a good game, and a sequel would be fine, i guess, if you count the fact that there are no worthwhile single player AAA games getting made anymore, so i suppose a NV2 would be something...

I grew up with the original Fallouts and even though i own ALL fallout games ever released, i don't care about the franchise anymore. Frankly speaking even the originals are hugely overrated, especially on this forum. While they are the go-to example of what an RPG IS, as games per se, they were nothing spectacular. They were short, full of bugs, and most skills were useless. FO1 and 2 were the only games i have ever played were only 1 skill truly mattered: Small Guns. Get 100% small guns, get Power armor, you OP, you win. Most skills were so rarely useful that essentially you gimped your character by putting points on them... I spent my summers as a teenager playing them but i never understood what their hype was about. Fallout Tactics was fine but no one really playtested the damn thing, the difficulty was all over the place and it was a chore to complete. FO3 and FONV were fun shooter-rpgs i enjoyed but still don't get why so much hype... FO4 was garbage and after seeing FO76 i am done with the franchise. You should be, too.
Does anyone argue that FONV is the 'pinnacle' of RPGs? I think it's an extremely flawed game. Surely the argument is that FONV does a lot of important things fairly well, or at least better than FO3 did, and no more than that, rather than it being the pinnacle of RPGs (if such a thing even exists).

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Does anyone argue that FONV is the 'pinnacle' of RPGs? I think it's an extremely flawed game. Surely the argument is that FONV does a lot of important things fairly well, or at least better than FO3 did, and no more than that, rather than it being the pinnacle of RPGs (if such a thing even exists).

Yes, if you go by all the hype for New Vegas that exists online. You don't see people clamoring for Baldur'Gate successor, Kotor successor, Bloodlines successor, Torment successor etc, as much as you see them crying for New Vegas. It seems the vast majority of people hold up New Vegas as some kind of holy grail, and they keep referencing it everywhere. They may not say it explicitly, but they do imply that for them it is the best RPG ever... Hence my comment.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yes, if you go by all the hype for New Vegas that exists online. You don't see people clamoring for Baldur'Gate successor, Kotor successor, Bloodlines successor, Torment successor etc, as much as you see them crying for New Vegas. It seems the vast majority of people hold up New Vegas as some kind of holy grail, and they keep referencing it everywhere. They may not say it explicitly, but they do imply that for them it is the best RPG ever... Hence my comment.
Wanting a successor doesn't necessarily mean people consider it the pinnacle of RPGs, but OK.

In my last playthrough of FONV (possibly my 4th one), I did something I'd never done before, which was seriously consider Mr House's plan for New Vegas. A strange thing happened, once I took the time to consider that that geriatric fossil might actually have humanity's best interests at heart, I started seeing the other possibilities in a different light. What was I thinking, trying to take over using Yes Man, as if I could do a better job than House. What the fuck did I know about running a damn city. I saw that plan for the foolish, naive choice it was. So what else? Give New Vegas to the NCR? They're just military dunderheads repeating the same mistakes that got us into this mess in the first place. Caesar had gotten a bullet to the head already, not like he would ever be an option anyway. Mr House was the logical choice, it made complete sense now.

Anyway, I guess my point is that if I could discover a new way of thinking about a game on the 4th playthrough, there has to be something decent about it. Compared to FO4, it's a fucking masterpiece, but I agree that FONV has some really bad design choices in it.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FNV was still essentially a standalone FO3 expansion and it regressed from it in some things like the worse map (with less freedom of movement) for example.

even the originals are hugely overrated

they were nothing spectacular.

They were short, full of bugs, and most skills were useless. FO1 and 2 were the only games i have ever played were only 1 skill truly mattered

i never understood what their hype was about.

693910325d798ee09bfe67b63fb895c5d2e1663a137a56a69b631dca779cab26.png

Trashos

Arcane
FO1 and 2 were the only games i have ever played were only 1 skill truly mattered: Small Guns. Get 100% small guns, get Power armor, you OP, you win. Most skills were so rarely useful that essentially you gimped your character by putting points on them...

Well, in FONV all skills are useful. How about that?

While I agree that FONV has flaws, importantly the combat is what it is and it's up to anyone to figure out how to have fun with it, the game is excellent on many aspects. The world building and narrative are top notch, many quests are great, several awesome characters, exploration is very good, the writing at places is great or even chill-inducing etc. Now, any game has some flaws and it's up to individual taste to decide how it works as a package. That's fair. In my view, it is one of the best RPGs. Top 10 for sure, usually quite high on the list but the rest depends on how I woke up.

Also, a full FONV playthrough (incl. dlc) takes me ~150 hrs. How much more exploration did you want?

I don't feel like wasting my time defending FO1+2 right now. They made history, I love them, FO2 is #1 on my list, FO1 follows closely.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Sniper rifle (and normal rifle I guess) combat in FNV is fine. Crouch, click on enemy head or chest, they die and you move on and explore more. Not saying it's amazing or anything, and of course it's pop-a-mole, but it gets the job done while the real lure and appeal of the game lies in other areas. Pretty much every great game has areas it succeeds in and areas it is only okay in. Very, VERY few are masters of all. I bet many would argue none are.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
FNV is disgusting garbage. Garbage writing, quest design and no exploration value.

For FNV2 to happen we would first need a successful canon game like Fallout 5 so FNV2 ride the success wave with minimal effort invested in development.

Okagron

Prophet
FNV is disgusting garbage. Garbage writing, quest design and no exploration value.

For FNV2 to happen we would first need a successful canon game like Fallout 5 so FNV2 ride the success wave with minimal effort invested in development.
Says the fucking idiot that thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of Caesar's Legion (probably went to a wiki and assumed he was the leader). You didn't played New Vegas, so you can stick your "opinion" up your ass.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard

Says the fucking idiot that thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of Caesar's Legion (probably went to a wiki and assumed he was the leader). You didn't played New Vegas, so you can stick your "opinion" up your ass.

Says the idiot who keeps posting retarded comments and doesnt have a single tag yet. Try harder.

Okagron

Prophet
Says the idiot who keeps posting retarded comments and doesnt have a single tag yet. Try harder.
Some stupid and boring factions like one lead by a degenerate retard wearing a wolf head F2 style.
You thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of Caesar's Legion because only he has this. You didn't played New Vegas, admit it. Also admit that you are just a butthurt retard because no one likes your precious Fallout 3.

Yeah, i'm done with this retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom