Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

an entertaining experience?

example: on my second fight i met molerats. one of those gave me an infection which is causing who knows what because i can't find it anywhere. i can't find doctors and self treating it is out of question for lack of skills and crafting materials.
why? what for?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Dunno where you find these problems - in my game all was OK, I was need doctor too and occasionally found it.

Anyway, you won't find anything better than Horizon for F4 -because modding for it is dead, I realized it when was making preparations before playing it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
i have full misery 2.0 vibes, "suffer for no other reason than masochism and say you like it".
So it's made by russian developers then? I swear everything they do comes down to "learning through pain". :argh:

on my second fight i met molerats. one of those gave me an infection
I know "intimacy brings understanding", but.... you are supposed to kill them, not mate with them dude!

don't break a sweat anymore about this. systematic crash as soon as paladin dense gives me his rifle. i thought it was the "unique uniques" mod but it isn't.

update: i isolated the crash, it happens on inspecting a weapon. i tried disabling mods here and there, like new calibers or even the entire weaponsmith bundled assets, to no avail.

update: i can inspect armors, i can inspect some weapons, the game crashes on inspecting a laser rifle.

update: tried to disable all the possibly related mods. even more crashes.

Last edited:
plis send help:

Loading mod list:
(0 -> 0) Fallout4.esm
(1 -> 1) DLCRobot.esm
(2 -> 2) DLCworkshop01.esm
(3 -> 3) DLCCoast.esm
(4 -> 4) DLCworkshop02.esm
(5 -> 5) DLCworkshop03.esm
(6 -> 6) DLCNukaWorld.esm
(7 -> 8) Z_Architect.esm
(8 -> 9) TrueStormsFO4.esm
(9 -> 10) XDI.esm
(10 -> 13) SimSettlements.esm
(11 -> 7) Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
(12 -> 11) ArmorKeywords.esm
(13 -> 12) NewCalibers.esp
(14 -> 14) Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn.esp
(15 -> 15) Z_Horizon.esp
(16 -> 16) Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn_DLC.esp
(17 -> 17) Z_Horizon_DLC_Nuka.esp
(18 -> 18) Z_Horizon_DLC_Workshop01.esp
(19 -> 19) Z_Horizon_DLC_Workshop02.esp
(20 -> 20) Z_Horizon_Patch_SimSettlements.esp
(21 -> 21) Z_BlurRemoval.esp
(22 -> 22) BetterModDescriptions.esp
(23 -> 23) Z_Horizon_DLC_FarHarbor.esp
(24 -> 24) Armorsmith Extended.esp
(25 -> 25) Z_Horizon_DLC_Automatron.esp
(26 -> 26) Z_Horizon_Patch_ArmorsmithExtended.esp
(27 -> 27) Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp
(28 -> 28) Z_Horizon_Patch_ArmorsmithExtendedDLC.esp
(29 -> 29) Z_Horizon_DLC_Workshop03.esp
(30 -> 30) AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
(31 -> 31) AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - No Crafting Perks.esp
(32 -> 32) AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp
(33 -> 33) CraftableGunsAndWeapons.esp
(34 -> 34) Remove Interior Fog - All Dlc.esp
(35 -> 35) Z_Extras.esp
(36 -> 36) MoreAGOMBz.esp
(37 -> 37) UniqueUniques.esp
(38 -> 38) MK_CanteensofCommonwealth.esp
(39 -> 39) MK_CanteensofCommonwealth_Hardcore_Patch.esp
(40 -> 40) Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp
(41 -> 41) FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
(42 -> 42) Further Reduced Scope Fade In.esp
(43 -> 43) Glowing Animals Emit Light.esp
(44 -> 44) Give Me That Bottle.esp
(45 -> 45) MK_CanteensofCommonwealth_Horizon_Patch.esp
(46 -> 46) Better Settlement Defence.esp
(47 -> 47) MoreWeaves.esp
(48 -> 48) No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
(49 -> 49) Realistic Death Physics - ALL DLC.esp
(50 -> 50) Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
(51 -> 51) SettlementMenuManager.esp
(52 -> 52) Spare Railroad as Institute.esp
(53 -> 53) TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
(54 -> 54) TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp
(55 -> 55) TrueStormsFO4-FarHarborExtraRads.esp
(56 -> 56) TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp
(57 -> 57) TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp
(58 -> 58) VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp
(59 -> 59) Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Performance.esp
(60 -> 60) AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - AWKCR.esp
(61 -> 61) BetterCompanions.esp
(62 -> 62) Binary Speech Checks V.4 Hard-Forgiving.esp
(63 -> 63) BrighterSettlementLights.esp
(64 -> 64) BusySettlers.esp
(65 -> 65) Companion Infinite Ammo.esp
(66 -> 66) MoreAGOMBz_CP_Horizon.esp
(67 -> 67) Crafting Workbench.esp
(68 -> 68) Crafting Workbenches - Faction and Quest Requirements.esp
(69 -> 69) QuickTrade.esp
(70 -> 70) SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
(71 -> 71) SolarPower.esp
(72 -> 72) EpilogueRestored.esp
(73 -> 73) BetterModDescriptionsMW.esp
(74 -> 74) More Power Armour Mods.esp
(75 -> 75) BetterModDescriptionsMPAM.esp
(76 -> 76) More Power Armour Mods - Automatron.esp
(77 -> 77) SurvivalOptions.esp
(78 -> 78) Z_Horizon_Timescale.esp
(79 -> 79) ConfigurablePowerArmor.esp
(80 -> 80) BetterGenerators.esp
(81 -> 81) Extended weapon mods.esp
(82 -> 82) BetterModDescriptionsEWM.esp
(83 -> 84) StartMeUp.esp
(84 -> 85) Bashed Patch, 0.esp
(85 -> 83) Lower Damage Requirement For XP.esp

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, assuming it's not related to the fact you're using an older version with mods for the current version- you know what the answer is.

Disable all mods, check it's working, then add one by one and see which one causes the crash. I would start with NewCalibers.esp as I've read that caused crashes before. Edit- reading fail.

Shit like this is why it takes hours to set up mods and then you don't feel like playing anymore.

been there, done that, i even tinkered with interface mods but nothing changed. the game crashes as soon as it shows the laser rifle. because it shows it, i can see it for a bunch of frames, but then the game crashes.

totally unrelated but probably totally related:
I'm getting a CTD when trying to view the N99 pistol in the weapons work bench. Using only horizon, no other mods.
20 July 2018, 7:33AM
You need Fallout 4 1.10.64+ for Horizon 1.5
i've been *cough*working on an update since yesterday. tomorrow afternoon i should be able to try it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You guys must have a ton of free time and no social lives to spend so much time trying to force an "old" version to work rather than just spending a few bucks.

typical user

Arbiter
What balance? Get to level 26 or so, the game will shove Gauss Rifle into your face through vendors. Buy it and mod the crap out of it through perks. You can also get a free set of T-60 armor from Brotherhood of Steel. My first playthrough looked much like this: walk in front of someone's face and just shoot their heads into bits while their attacks bounce off your pimped out exo-suit. Hell at level 30 the game will deliberately spawn Enclave power armor everywhere on the map. By the end I had around 200 fusion cores plus all the perks.

This game is a joke, you only need 3 perks to upgrade your guns and armor. Sure enemies will be sponges but who says you can't be too with 1500 damage resistance and 500 hp?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What balance? Get to level 26 or so, the game will shove Gauss Rifle into your face through vendors. Buy it and mod the crap out of it through perks. You can also get a free set of T-60 armor from Brotherhood of Steel. My first playthrough looked much like this: walk in front of someone's face and just shoot their heads into bits while their attacks bounce off your pimped out exo-suit. Hell at level 30 the game will deliberately spawn Enclave power armor everywhere on the map. By the end I had around 200 fusion cores plus all the perks.

Not saying the game is hard or anything, but level 26 is pretty low to see a Gauss Rifle. In fact I think I got exactly one of them before the end battle in both my playthroughs and I got to level 40 or so. I do agree the much easier to access and use power armor makes normal difficulty a joke though, and I doubt more enemy HP and damage would make the game more fun either. That said Bethesda games have NEVER been difficult without mods; it's just not what they're going for.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
but level 26 is pretty low to see a Gauss Rifle
You know you can just buy "The last minute" from the castle vendor early, right? Not sure when ammo appears on vendors tho. Contrary to what the wikis like to claim, that quest doesn't even require you to have the BoS appear.

Build a few settlements, get castle liberashun quest from Preston Gravy, do quest and wait a few days til the old hag nags you via radio. Voilá, gamebreaker available.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You know you can just buy "The last minute" from the castle vendor early, right? Not sure when ammo appears on vendors tho. Contrary to what the wikis like to claim, that quest doesn't even require you to have the BoS appear.

Build a few settlements, get castle liberashun quest from Preston Gravy, do quest and wait a few days til the old hag nags you via radio. Voilá, gamebreaker available.

Interesting. I never did any Minutemen shit because I hated the settlements, so I never saw that.

typical user

Arbiter
I didn't join the Minutemen at all. And thanks for that since all those Preston memes indicate how stupid that questline must be. I did once talked to him on some downloaded save game and oh boy it was paralyzing to get 2 quests from one dialogue, have him bug out because he wanted to give me more and then get one more after he ended discussion and made a random banter.

Man I know about this legendary rifle, but let's just hope people won't get invested in that crap and just ignore him and follow main story. Level 26 is when I remember those weapons spawn. Gatling Lasers spawn only when Brotherhood is introduced - one is at Super Mutant Satellite Array no matter your level.

I do play with mods. I mean the game is unstable and still far away from fixed. At this point I hope Todd Howard will get heart attack, Bethesda Studios suffer earth quake and their Fallout IP reclaimed by Morlocks. Screw this game.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I do play with mods. I mean the game is unstable and still far away from fixed. At this point I hope Todd Howard will get heart attack, Bethesda Studios suffer earth quake and their Fallout IP reclaimed by Morlocks. Screw this game.

I still pray daily for the freak asteroid that wipes Bethesda's offices off the map on the same day that that there is a major investor meeting.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Gatling Lasers spawn only when Brotherhood is introduced
Nah, don't let those wannabees spawn and ruin the landscape. The castle vendor should have it too. Or savescum until the RADROACH_KING spawns with one. Must be in your late 30s for him to pop up tho.

One advantage of their not-appearance is: you can be pretty much the only one with a working power armoah/gauss/gatling. Not so much to be a speshul pretty snowflake, but it eases my mind how a housewife manages to remove several hundred raiders/gunners/mudcrabs from greater Boston's inventory, while the Brohood just does kamikaze dives everywhere....

just to remind something you probably remember but i removed to preserve my own sanity: 99% of this game is literally "go there and kill everything". the lack of skill checks is utterly crippling, the only charisma checks are to receive a pitiful bigger amount of money as reward, and all the decent mods are maimed and butchered by an absolutely useless interface retarded down to work on consoles.
"don't say fallout! - i swear to god!"

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't remind me of Charisma in this game. 50% of the speech checks are lore dumps. Seriously, who designs a game where "do you want to know more of what we wrote?" is locked behind a random stat check? :roll:

also the map is so small and so crammed with stuff that going hunting is impossible. even skyrim did this better. there's no sense of scavenging, of rummaging against impossible odds to find that stuff you need to survive. after unlocking some locations all you do is empty them again and again every time their cells reset. and fuck the removal of fast travel in survival mode, it's retarded, in a game BUILT ON AND AROUND the fast travel and without any other means of transportation. apex of idiocy.

typical user

Arbiter
also the map is so small and so crammed with stuff that going hunting is impossible. even skyrim did this better. there's no sense of scavenging, of rummaging against impossible odds to find that stuff you need to survive. after unlocking some locations all you do is empty them again and again every time their cells reset. and fuck the removal of fast travel in survival mode, it's retarded, in a game BUILT ON AND AROUND the fast travel and without any other means of transportation. apex of idiocy.

If you initially join Brotherhood you will gain ability to summon vertibirds which act like fast travel. If you progress enough into the game Railroad and Minutemen also gain this ability when you make Brotherhood hostile. The Institute also has some sort of fast travel - you can teleport to CIT ruins in the centre of the map.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
after unlocking some locations all you do is empty them again and again every time their cells reset.

The most embarrasing thing in F4 - I didn't start to play untill I have found a mode that fix this giant shit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom