Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ppl r dumb news @ 11

also i wanted to work in a Batman quote but forgot...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ugh, reading those "reviews" gave me another bout of e-cancer. My favorite ones are the 'SJWs because black Italians' and 'they threw away the masterpiece story and relatable characters'.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought they were black Spaniards.

They are based more on Italians.

I believe Josh Sawyer made a direct comparison to the Italian city states during the renaissance. It is also fairly obvious in their language and fashion.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I'm not an expert on Italian fashion, although I'm certain they never dressed like this

300px-Vailianhumans.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
All the cultures in Pillars are a mash-up of different influences. Ixamitl is a weird combination of Chinese, Mesoamerican, Amerindian, and African.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I don't get the complaints about blacks being one of the main advanced civilisations, that detail really made it feel like a fantasy world where anything can happen, more so than dragon, magic, gods etc

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I too didn't have problem with the blacks,it was fun killing them. But to be honest here,it was fun killing everyone so...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
man they stealth-added that recov. time penalty to disoriented. there already was little reason to use blunderbuss modal now there is zero.

edit: does blunder buss modal give distract or disorient? oh who gives a fuck.

I think that's Distracted. And Streetfighters give a fuck. Since it also Flanks them, giving them +50% sneak damage and -50% Recovery time (which is like a 100% Recovery reduction, comparing with other abilities like Barbarian Frenzy or Swift Flurry).

Besides Streetfighters self-afflicting Flanked, the modal was kinda useful to set powder barrels on fire.

Makes standing in a Chillfog with Perception Resistance less attractive though. Still due to the funky math, even Disoriented Streetfighters act like 66% faster then normal.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was thinking majority black, as well as reasonably modern. I'll give it to fantadomat that I couldn't think of many really popular ones.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I don't get the complaints about blacks being one of the main advanced civilisations, that detail really made it feel like a fantasy world where anything can happen, more so than dragon, magic, gods etc

The Mali Empire was the richest kingdom in history at its pinnacle.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was thinking majority black, as well as reasonably modern. I'll give it to fantadomat that I couldn't think of many really popular ones.

Majority black and popular is hard to find. It's easy to list novels by black authors, but they aren't popular.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yup,and they achieved nothing with that gold.

This is their biggest achievement,their mark left on the world.
Great_Mosque_of_Djenn%C3%A9_1.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Except it wasn't, unless you compare it to other African kingdoms.
Depends how you look at it,they were the richest country when it came down to resources,mainly gold. Also they were a trade centar,all the ships going to India were passing trough them,a lot of trade taxes and trade income in general. Mali was well known for its gold mines. If we are talking about quality of life,it wasn't the"richest". It was still bunch of shithuts and primitive tools.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I noticed there are some new portraits in the game files, probably from the DLC. I'll post them in a second.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom