Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Atomboy

Nice effort, i didn't try it but from the few screenshots i've seen, i would suggest better characters portraits.
Characters with "charisma" add to the immersion and portraits helps.
Some ugly mugs well hand drawn, for example would fit perfectly to the post-apocalyptic genre.

Will probably play it at some point.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
This looks very cool reminded me of the Fall game from a couple of years ago which was a damn decent game
Yeah, that one is among the cohorts of games that inspired us :) Great game, awful fate :( I still don't get why they messed the release so badly. If I remember correctly, it had a buggy Russian version and a rather good German version, however all other versions acted weird and then nobody remembered The Fall anymore. Although, I might be thinking of something else...

Atomboy

Nice effort, i didn't try it but from the few screenshots i've seen, i would suggest better characters portraits.
Characters with "charisma" add to the immersion and portraits helps.
Some ugly mugs well hand drawn, for example would fit perfectly to the post-apocalyptic genre.

Will probably play it at some point.

Well the in-game portraits are hand-drawn! Although mostly over photos... But there's a lot of ugly and charismatic faces among them! 35 more just with today's update! :D
The style we picked may seem unsettling at first, but we do our best to make our NPCs look just like they act in the dialogues! If you ever decide to try, tell me what you think!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Now then, dear Codex! We have a HUGE new update. We also don't have it.
What's the problem?
Why, it's simple!
Our English translation lagged a bit, and some of the 35 new NPCs and 10 new quests aren't translated yet. Instead, there's gibberish. However, you can check most of the new things out even now! And if you know Russian... Why... You can have it all! Our translator team is doing it's best to finish the English version in a couple of days or so. There was so much text this time around. This update is actually our biggest step towards the release yet. It's like two of our usual updates combined.

So, there. Everything is already available, although only partially translated. Will be fully available in some days.

And now, the changelog!

• Locations populated with new NPCs;
  • 10+ large new quests;
  • A secret way to get into the bunker if you're male;
  • An ability to meet old friends from the Factory;
  • Dog fights in Peregon call out to all spectators;
  • 35+ new NPCs, like always, with unique dialogues and portraits;
  • Additions to the music and sound library;
  • New items, from a bra to some nice BBQ;
  • New plot elements for the Myselium;
  • 5 new guns to craft, from flinthlock to a pneumatic!
  • As well as new bullets for one of those guns;
  • Game re-balanced to meet your requests;
  • Changes to the inventory; the items are now in two stacks;
  • Addition of Ragdoll Physics (WIP)
  • Weather effects completely overhauled, now everything is much more moody;
  • The exit spots on maps are now better looking;
  • Added another kind of enemies. Beware!
  • Another machine gun - an old FM Minimi (trophy weapon)
  • Armor is now separated into two categories - helmets and body protection. Wearing a vest and no helmet won't save you from headshot damage!
  • Five new issues of a self-help survivalist journal "The Red October".
  • And last but not least, amazing quantity of bugs got fixed;
  • There are also brand new bugs, but the hotfix is coming;

Plus, yeah, it's a pretty tired joke in the current year, but man, do I love this screenshot :D

B3880D03CC7F61E5B11D2CAED1E478F243798CDE

ADL

Prophet
Been lurking over this game for quite some time and I think it's finally time for me to buy it.

You guys are doing some awesome work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Plus, yeah, it's a pretty tired joke in the current year, but man, do I love this screenshot :D

This guy looks suspiciously like some... you know... someone!

p.s. even though i was behind finding raw material for that portrait, i, too, thought the art team used goblin instead when i first saw it ::::D
now it could be anybody!

Been lurking over this game for quite some time and I think it's finally time for me to buy it.

You guys are doing some awesome work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

thanks a lot! :) that makes us real happy. we're pulling a few allnighters right now to fix all the bugs that inevitably came with the new stuff we added. after that, the game will offer A LOT of good stuff for many, many hours. the last upd alone gave like 6, as long as you don't try speedrunning :D

Is that Jack from RLM in the portrait?

welll... as much as Sonichu is Sonic the Hedgehog, i guess!! :DD

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh lord... The translation is finally finished and added. The new game version is now in English. Sorry if someone had to wait :::()

Tancred

Learned
Oh lord... The translation is finally finished and added. The new game version is now in English. Sorry if someone had to wait :::()

That'd be me, my Russian is limited to 'davai cyka blyat'. Looking forward to checking it out!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So what kind of release schedule are you guys looking at for this?
Looks like a fun mix of Fallout mechanics, Stalker vibe and Wasteland 2... so right up my alley
Oh and you are doing GOG release right? I wont touch that Steam PoS and rather not have to pirate this to play it

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh and you are doing GOG release right? I wont touch that Steam PoS and rather not have to pirate this to play it
You forget that GOG decides what goes on their platform and what doesn't (though this might be right up their alley, too).
There is always itch.io, too, which continues to get better and better (and devs decide what share itch.io gets).

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

That'd be me, my Russian is limited to 'davai cyka blyat'. Looking forward to checking it out!
Can't say that the translation is much more poetic than what you quoted but still! :D

So what kind of release schedule are you guys looking at for this?
Looks like a fun mix of Fallout mechanics, Stalker vibe and Wasteland 2... so right up my alley

Hey! Thanks. That's what we aim for. Well, that + making it look original despite the influences, but that one can be challenging. On the release: the current plan, and we're following it with only 3-5 days of lag right now, makes November 2018 the release time. With possible complications in mind, it might shift to winter 2019, but only if we go off schedule really hard and / or something really bad happens. The second part is more of a question for GOG. They didn't want us with an unfinished beta. If they will want us when the game will be complete, I'll do everything that's needed to get there.

You forget that GOG decides what goes on their platform and what doesn't (though this might be right up their alley, too).
There is always itch.io, too, which continues to get better and better (and devs decide what share itch.io gets).

Totally true. It's up for GOG to decide. I believe that once we put all our content into the game, and get most of the bugs, we might just be accepted.

------------------------------------------------------------

hate to be a party pooper, but is it necessary to go with these memes and modern references?

hate to be a party pooper, but is it necessary to go with these memes and modern references?
Keep them and add some Monthy Python while you're at it :incline:

That's totally compulsive :D We might go a week without referencing anything, but then we become Family Guy. It helps the variety somewhat.

p.s. just checked, we have the word Shrubbery in the translation files. although it's there to describe an actual shrubbery. so i guess everybody wins?
p.p.s. and if Wunderbar meant portrait-wise, that's where I can't help myself. :D I want an artistic nod to every single person i like to be in-game! even if it's rlm crew

So yesterday I managed to get my character to bang two girls in Krasnoznamenny. I found the whole situation hilarious and it reminded me slightly of Leisure Suit Larry (with the "censorship" and the funny music, and not using a condom awarding 69 xp vs. 27 xp with).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom