Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

eklektyk

Erudite
like with all "special" spawns in missions theyre rng based so no mission has 100% chance of spawning one [ exept symaris quest that has them guarantied and defence missions where they dont spawn]

its customaary to do planet that has that required enemy spawning till one eveentually spawn

[you can go mission - wait start - see if sim goes with his prompt - if not abort and repeat but it may take awhile]

as a side note when grouping with other ppl they can spawn theirs target and all in team within range of capture wil get rep credit

ColCol

Arcane
I played this a a while back and it seemed on the wrong side on free to play. The combat was also not very interesting (Starting out). Has this changed at all? Would anyone recommend?

Gerrard

Arcane
I played this a a while back and it seemed on the wrong side on free to play. The combat was also not very interesting (Starting out). Has this changed at all? Would anyone recommend?
The only time this game was "on the wrong side of free to play" was in the early closed beta.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I stopped worrying about the Cephalon scans and boom, after a while I FINALLY got a Cephalon target spawn. Unfortunately there were 3 other players and they probably killed it coz I tracked it until it appeared on my radar but then poof, it was gone and I couldn't find it anymore.

Plz don't tell me that in order to progress with Cephalon I have to play only solo from now on.

Also is the spawns really that rare? I must've played app. 20 Grineer missions before that stupid Lancer spawned.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nah just find party focused on scanning targets. Write on chat something like "looking people to do cephalon scanning" and you will have team ready to do endless scanning.
I'll wait with scanning anyway since I still haven't unlocked the majority of the star map but this is great to know, thx.

not completely sure, but to get points from a scan you're not doing yourself you have to be inside the "xp sharing range".
as i already said, forget the scanning part, it's not for you to care for, but it's never too early to start to hate those who kill the scanning target. it just can't be missed, it's usually bigger than usual, it's freaking BLUE and it's freaking TOUGH, don't believe people who say "i didn't notice it was the target" because even with the strongest weapons available you can't oneshot it, and if you don't oneshot something you know it should have gone down just by staring at it YOU NOTICE. when somebody kills it the cephalon complains, then feel free to send a "fuck off you fucking retard" to team chat. it's mandatory.

eklektyk

Erudite
ekhm - you can oneshot scan targets .....

thers some precondition that need to occur and few weapons but it can be done

they dont have bulshit limit on dmg taken and then invulnerability of bosses ...

most importantly, whenever you pull something awesome, like some complex manouver or get out a very sticky situation, don't forget to scream on top of your lungs this battlecry!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is anyone in a clan? Does Codex have a clan? I'm about to hit MR6, just opened Saturn and game's getting a bit rough. So I though joining a clan might be a good idea, so I can leech off of veterans on some farming runs and such.

Wild Slop

Arcane
We should have room in ours. We are technically full but a number of the members are unknown and inactive. For the most part the clan is Me, Aarne and Bliblablubb*.
I think we could clear some room I noticed some new names in there as well like 'sneakyjewgold', "cap12" (inactive), another called mutantchicken which has alos been inactive for some time.... then again we all are pretty inactive. Even so access to our Dojo labs and all our upgrades will be of big help once you can afford the manufacturing costs.

*Don't trust Bliblablubb we a currently at war

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm p sure we do have room. I'm still certain sneakyjewgold is just someone who changed their acc name tho.

And you and Blib are as far as I can tell in a submarine war.

eklektyk

Erudite
that all being said anyone starting should do all invasions for their specific resources [fieldron detonite mutagen]

a lt of clan specific weapons requires them in rather huge quantities so its best to stockpile them before theyre needed [thers bp in clan to make them but its another 24 hrs one and economicaly nonviable for newer players]

im in large clan 8xx ish with somewhat live chat so if anyone is interested in more that i can get you in

since we are in invasions - those and alerts are nice to do for blueprints and parts of weapons that drop from them too [mr grind is real and it pays to start early since higher mr greater daily rep cap ]

Vaarna_Aarne

Mostly it's just that it takes 24 hours to make so you should just do invasions anyway, only ever use the BP versions to supplement the process if at all.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

im in large clan 8xx ish with somewhat live chat so if anyone is interested in more that i can get you in

Ok, get me in since it seems the Codex clan isn't happening.

KarlosCV
The reason there is no singular Codex clan is because in contrast to pretty much every mass multiplayer game ever, Warframe does not balance its Clan benefits around mega-fuckhueg Clans or otherwise cater to mega-fuckhueg Clans in any manner. In fact, the entire system is really most tilted towards providing the best experience for the smallest Clans, since the cost of unlocking the Clan benefits scales directly with size limit (ergo, a Clan that can have 100 members will pay 10 tens more for Clan Research, or need 10 times the total contribution during events, or pay 10 times more to decorate their Dojo).

Wild Slop

Arcane
We should have made room in ours, no sense in limited slots being taken up by no-show nobodies who never talk to us. Probably for the best tho as our activity is at an all time low and we wouldn't be around as much to help out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom