Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Todd was apart of the dev team but he was basically just an intern IIRC and in that noclip documentary he said how he just made some sound effects for the game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Man these videos look fucking amazing, but I just can't bring myself to play a game made by Todd Howard. Not even joking: knowing that those hands, that have caused so much evil on the genre, made the game just completely shuts down any kind of enjoyment I could get out of it...

You sound like an emotional teenager.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You mean someone with principles? You can't let the mindless pursuit of gratification dissuade you from holding steadfast to your values, my man. Boycotting Bethesda is a core Codexian value, and one worth keeping.

Luzur

Good Sir
DFU extreme Texture pack
Post by Midknightprince » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 pm

OK, so I hope I'm doing this right.
The goal of this is the try and keep it as vanilla as possible, but still give us that "fresh new" feeling while playing DFU, and I did not do any of these textures, so if you did, say so if you want, all I did was mix everything up, and make it look cool (not that it didn't before).

This is pretty much just all the texture packs I have found on daggerfall workshop, mixed around, and an XML. file added to give certain architectural textures a nice sheen, add to this the stuff from the Gafon Master pack, and you have a nice 3D texture on alot of it.

The textures for the compass mod, and the clock mod are already packed in, you still need the .dfm file for the clock, but the compass will work out of the box (link for the clock mod https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1021).

Simply backup your textures folder, delete or move it, unzip this one in its place, and you're good to go, no mods, easy peasy.

*"IF" YOU ARE USING THE POST PROC MOD PAY ATTENTION*
Turn off texture compression in the launcher if using post proc, the 3d walls will look funny (AO), this means no dungeon npc sprites because the game will crash in some dungeons, so I only use normal npc's (included in pack).

Make sure you meet the specs,I recommend at least 16 gigs of ram, and at the minimum a 2 gig 3D card.
The file size after extract is 2.5 gigs, and that's all for the video card, so.... Mileage may vary..

Tested on:
I5 2300@2.8GHz, 24 gig@1333, Gforce GTX 1050Ti OC 5 4gig. Win10X64 (latest as of 7/8/18)

If you guy have trouble getting it to work, ask, I'll help if I can.

Texture pack DL https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S8XbG6 ... sp=sharing

This is the first time I have ever "shared" anything on google drive so if I did it wrong let me know.
ATTACHMENTS
file.php

Load.jpg (253.34 KiB) Viewed 145 times
file.php

the boat.jpg (520.87 KiB) Viewed 145 times
file.php

Inn.jpg (300.29 KiB) Viewed 145 times

mondblut

Arcane
Sometimes you edgelord hipsters give me a conniption. FNV is a great game. Buggy as fuck, but so was Ultima, Krondor, Wizardry all those beardy games you people worship. I had my entire Ultima VII save erased due to a bug with killing Lord British. Oh boy ooh boy some of you need a time machine to go back to how it actually was. Bugs abound and no way to fix them unless you were lucky enough to be in America because a lot of DOS devs wouldn't ship patches on floppies overseas. Maybe you were lucky enough to get a select amount of patches for a handful of games through a cover disc for a magazine. We learnt to either play our games, fix the bugs ourselves, or just return the fucking game. New Vegas has nothing on that and that's before patches and fan mods. I might get a crash if I don't have the 4gb patch and the stutter remover. That's the worst bug I think I encountered in NV. You people act the 90's was this golden age and everything was perfect and all the RPGs were GOAT until the next RPG came along. Just take off those rose tinted goggles for a bit lads.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Definitely agree on bugs. PC gaming back in the 90s was a hellscape of bugs and getting shit to work. We're in a golden age on that front, for sure. When you find a game you really like today (Fallout NV, Dishonored, Deus Ex HR, etc. for moi) then chances are it's easier to play than pretty much anything was in 1994. Also all that old shit is, with few exceptions, easier to play now than it was then, thanks to Dosbox and other such things. The PC gaming community rocks at keeping shit working well (which is one reason DRM doesn't scare me too much).

octavius

Arcane
Patron
OTOH Win 10 and Win 7 upgrades make some old Windows games not work anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom