Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Pirates And Zombies 2

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Raapys

Arcane
Eh, what did they do to the controls? Can't strafe anymore? No mouse rotation follow?

Seems like they've turned it into some kind of console game. Very sad.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Eh, I didn't see any actual gameplay. Looked blatantly like blatantly photoshopped faketrailer. Tells nothing.

Thane Solus

Arcane
WOW THIS THREAD REALLY HELPED ME DECIDE IF I OUGHT TO BUY THE GAME OR NOT THANKS AGAIN KKKODEX

You buy games based on threads on codex? Gl with that, beside a few exceptions.

First one was a cute but mediocre space game that got old real fast, made by casual developers. It toke them 5 years to make another game, that looks like Candy Crush in Space on one axis. Thank god Steam reviewers know what games are good:

90% oh wait...

I bet the build your base/empire will be so simple and dumb as the rest of the game, that it wont even matter as feature, but it will get 90% cause it gots colors and humor.... [/triggered]

That logo and the art direction tells you everything you need to know about the game and the developers, or do i need to make a thread about it? :P

I wasn't actually entertaining the notion that opinions on the codex are worth anything more than a piss-filled bathtub, no... I was pointing out the pointless nature of this thread. But the codex is what it is and so it shall remain.

Norfleet

I dunno, man. Piss-filled bathtubs suddenly become useful once you have enough piss to make gunpowder out of. A small quantity of piss, like, say, a bootfull, useless. Once you get up to having a jar of piss, you can at least use it for Jarate. Once you get up to barrels and bathtubs worth of piss, it starts actually being seriously useful.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Make a lego spaceship, create your faction and conquer the galaxy, seems interesting.

Also on steam sale for 13$

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
The sandbox universe is kinda simplistic but it works. It has much more focus on combat which is pretty neat.

The only thing that is a bit disappointing is weapons don't have improved versions and that synergies are a bit wonky.
Its a tradeoff between firepower and stats but all that means is you get either sticks or bricks designs.
I would rather it had a tetris system that had much interesting designs

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Got my press key and I will be giving this one a damning review. It's just that it's mostly about the combat and combat feels awful. Instead of a proper fighter, you're commanding an awful, tardy mothership. It's sluggish, it may have horrible rotation rate, it's slow and all that already cuts down your impact to the minimum. It also feels somewhat like a naval game (say, the ship combat of Pirates! series) where it's really important that you're facing your opponent's weak side with your strong side, but without all the factors that matter (i.e., wind) and are able to make it somewhat interesting.

You have some fighters and you can take control of them, but it's not something that you can afford to do constantly as your mothership is the crux of your power and it's not something that you can lose. The game also is 3d but the combat is absolutely 2d so I'm not sure what the point is, considering that graphically it looks worse than its predecessor. That may be a matter of taste, but it's just some shoddy 3D with not very inspired artstyle and spaceships intentionally looking like they've been made of trash.

Another thing that bogs down the game is the extreme consolitis - screw you, PC users, the controls and interface are obiouvly console first! The ship design part is something that you're supposed to do often but it's just a slow, tedious process. Likewise, the shop lacks the drag & drop oriented-menu severely and is just not pleasant to use. The color-coding and the overall design of such menus also could've been better, but what can you do - gotta earn those xbox moneyz.

The writing is awful and, ofc, it features some really bad voiceovers. Honestly, it's like reliving that 2000s decline once again, with every mistake being thoroughly repeated.

GreyViper

Prophet
Got my press key and I will be giving this one a damning review. It's just that it's mostly about the combat and combat feels awful. Instead of a proper fighter, you're commanding an awful, tardy mothership. It's sluggish, it may have horrible rotation rate, it's slow and all that already cuts down your impact to the minimum. It also feels somewhat like a naval game (say, the ship combat of Pirates! series) where it's really important that you're facing your opponent's weak side with your strong side, but without all the factors that matter (i.e., wind) and are able to make it somewhat interesting.

You have some fighters and you can take control of them, but it's not something that you can afford to do constantly as your mothership is the crux of your power and it's not something that you can lose. The game also is 3d but the combat is absolutely 2d so I'm not sure what the point is, considering that graphically it looks worse than its predecessor. That may be a matter of taste, but it's just some shoddy 3D with not very inspired artstyle and spaceships intentionally looking like they've been made of trash.

Another thing that bogs down the game is the extreme consolitis - screw you, PC users, the controls and interface are obiouvly console first! The ship design part is something that you're supposed to do often but it's just a slow, tedious process. Likewise, the shop lacks the drag & drop oriented-menu severely and is just not pleasant to use. The color-coding and the overall design of such menus also could've been better, but what can you do - gotta earn those xbox moneyz.

The writing is awful and, ofc, it features some really bad voiceovers. Honestly, it's like reliving that 2000s decline once again, with every mistake being thoroughly repeated.
So what your saying is to stick to first game?

Nirvash

Liturgist
Is nothing like the 1 game.

1 game is a fast 2d space shooter, 2 game is a bad and slow 3d space carrier simulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom