Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
It's greyed out for now. Meaning I'm not gonna be receiving any Lith rewards until I activate it, so I shouldn't even bother? Or they're safely stored in there, waiting for me to switch it on?

Wiki says you can use the space cabbages after completing Mars junction on Earth. They'll probably just hide away somewhere until then.

3. How should I level up my weps? Should I keep using my basic weps, they're around lvl 10 now, or try to buy and craft something more spiffy. I got around 60k credits now.

You'll quickly find you lack either space or resources to build other things (until you either jew up or grind more). Just experiment with different types and see what you like. At the low level you can't go too far wrong. And never sell any weapons before you get it to level 30 first (to get the mastery points for it). The mods in the weapons will be the biggest factor later on.

rule of thumb: never sell anything. the pistol you just sold could have been extremely powerful but you were too noob to understand it, it could be needed as material to build a more powerful weapon or it could just be a lot of fun and you didn't realize yet.
some weapons have a "prime" version, like "burston" and "burston prime". those usually are safe to sell because prime versions are more powerful or at least look more bombastic, but still you never know. some weapons have syndicate variations, like "lecta" and "secura lecta", those are usually pretty safe to sell because syndicate versions are much better, but still you never know. some other weapons have some other kind of variations, like "supra" and "supra vandal", and those are pretty safe to sell too, but still you never know.
tl;dr: don't sell weapons, you never know. at least for now.

work on a syndicate as soon as you can, reach its maximum level, sell some weapons on the market, earn some platinum and buy slots with it. and never use catalysts or reactors on vanilla items. never.

Arnust

Savant
Also look up a weapon on the wiki before getting rid of it, as it may be required to craft another weapon. If it's of very high Mastery Rank req or it's just very expensive and maybe kind of shitty (Ninkondi, Akjagara, looking at you) you can just go on ahead.

This early and mainly having Credits over any resource I'd point you to buying the few weapons in the store that you can get with Credits and no need for crafting. They're usually pretty good and if not solid, decent mastery fodder that's handy this early on (that being the Mk1 weapons).

As for leveling them, you could save yourself the bigger Affinity farming for when you get a respective Booster, but early on in the game it shouldn't matter much, as weapons will work just fine w/e mods and the only way to get boosters at that stage is the Daily Tribute.

I wouldn't advice against getting some Platinum as you see fit, of course only when you're sold into the game and never, never out of a -75% discount from the Daily Tribute. Regardless, I'd use the one you got for free for some inventory slots and maybe a color palette, if you care for customization.

Latelistener

Arcane
I was a huge fan of Mass Effect 3 MP back in the day and holy shit, this is like ME3 after millions of years of evolution lol.
That ME3 multiplayer was popular, but in truth it was just a copypasta of the Horde mode from Gears of War.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Out of noobity I've joined a Ghoul Purge bounty on the Plains of Eidolon and quickly realized it's far above my level. I stuck around tho, helping my mates any way I could (not much). Collected a shitton of great stuff, which makes me think - what's stopping low level noobs from free riding on high-level missions? I mean, it's not hard to hide on the plains and sit shit out.

Also is there any goddamn way to travel around the plains apart from hopping and skipping like an idiot for 10 minutes straight? No idea how my teammates did it but they could move incredibly fast (and yes, I've learned the slide/jump combo already).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well add the third part to that slide/jump combo so it's slide/jump/roll instead, roll while jumping adds a surprising amount of forward momentum.

Aside from that, the fastest way to travel around the Plains is to craft some Archwing deployment charges so you can zoom about really fast. Basically what you do when you just farm Wisps there.

As for newbies and being carried, that's just part of the game. But another part is that what is low-level is kind of nebulous in Warframe, since playtime doesn't correlate with results and that the Mastery Rank is really a gatekeeper to various swag you can get. Various, not just plain better in every case. The real separation point is number of maxed mods, mod selection, and if you're using a frame and a set of proper weapons which have all had formas slapped on them.

EDIT
some weapons have a "prime" version, like "burston" and "burston prime". those usually are safe to sell because prime versions are more powerful or at least look more bombastic, but still you never know. some weapons have syndicate variations, like "lecta" and "secura lecta", those are usually pretty safe to sell because syndicate versions are much better, but still you never know. some other weapons have some other kind of variations, like "supra" and "supra vandal", and those are pretty safe to sell too, but still you never know.
tl;dr: don't sell weapons, you never know. at least for now.
I think a better way to express this concisely would be:

Don't sell anything you can't replace effortlessly (read: BP is on basic store and only needs bog standard mats).

they went fast thanks to focus. forget it, it's so deep into the endgrindgame territory that i'm mastery rank 24 and nowhere near unlocking that stuff.
noobs are usually dead weight, even more these days that the only thing that counts is killing stuff as soon as possible. but sometimes damage is not everything, there are several frames with awesome crowd control means which aren't based on damage, like nova or nyx.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well I suppose zipping about with unbound Naramon and Zenurik twerp passives makes for fast speed...

Or are you talking about the twerp-shift aerial loop bug? I thought that was fixed almost a year ago?

Arnust

Savant
Also is there any goddamn way to travel around the plains apart from hopping and skipping like an idiot for 10 minutes straight?
It's not very complicated to get some +Sprint Speed mods, added to a Warframe that already has its base speed set over 1.00, and some have passives and ability effects getting them further into SANIC mode, but Aarne described the go-to and most reliable way. And you're not only gonna use it on the Plains. You can also get a way to spawn the Archwing in the Plains, but it's kind of rare to see it from people as it's a bit wasteful to make and use for what it's worth. And it needs to have an archwing to actually spawn and a ship upgrade, so yeah, it's pretty redundant.

Also, you shouldn't really feel bad by getting randos to carry you in pubs. Team coordination isn't very neccesary in MOST missions, and one overpowered super shinobi master could do it all on their own and have the rest of the squad just follow them pitifully trying to score some kills to seem like they helped, but it's hardly an annoyance for those higher level players. As for how it's avoided that absolute nooblords get assigned to missions way out of their depth, well, they'll rarely actually be able to get to those missions if they haven'y unlocked modes, options, and starchart nodes. But, those higher level players will be able to go anywhere they want, so even if they're the only ones with over 50 IQ in the squad, it'll hardly be a problem for them anyway. Really, the worst that can happen is that those nooblets feel somewhat "cheated" out of the experience, or just generally annoyed, which if you ever feel like that you can just switch into Solo real easy, and in most modes you're not really gonna be that much worse off. For them, the worst would be that you just don't fucking stop getting knocked down/killed, and it depends on their patience when will they just give up and go on their business :argh:

That said, you can join any squad that you're invited to and go to any mission that is picked, and the only way that low level players get walled off this are the few missions that need all the squad carrying a certain item (archwing, keys, invasion items, yadda yadda).

Vaarna_Aarne

It's not like there isn't a tangible benefit to carrying teammates. After all, if it's XP/Focus/Relics you're after, in each case any additional warm body is a benefit, whether through simply causing more enemies to spawn or by providing an additional drop roll to choose from.

The only exception to this is the Plains, since it can be a real pain if some asshat just HAS to go fishing when you're trying to exit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
work on a syndicate as soon as you can, reach its maximum level, sell some weapons on the market, earn some platinum and buy slots with it. and never use catalysts or reactors on vanilla items. never.

Opened up my first relay, encountered Conclave. Any tips on Syndicates? Who should I work for first, which is the coolest, mightiest, richest?

Arnust

Savant
Opened up my first relay, encountered Conclave. Any tips on Syndicates? Who should I work for first, which is the coolest, mightiest, richest?
The criteria is usually their respective three syndicate weapons, how good they are first and how well they sell second. Then, which Warframes you like and want to get Augments for. And lastly, it's more up to you. Keep in mind that you can rank up a whole wing of the Relay, if I'm not wronf. So in my case, Suda and Hexis are allies so I'll rank them up handsomely, and Steel Meridian is unnafected by them. The same is true for the other side. I haven't tried grinding a syndicate out of the negative, but it looks like a pain in the ass.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I got to the Kubrow quest, got the incubator and the egg but now I need an incubator core which can only be bought for 35 platinum or crafted from materials I get much, much later. This is obviously a quest to get you spend real money but is it worth it? Would a dog be a huge benefit to a noobie or am I just fine waiting for it?

eklektyk

Erudite
you can get taxi for mats needed for that core easily but kubrow is kinda meh at start without ranked mods

first sentinel you get for free - taxon - is top tier and his vacooooom will benefit you much more

as for not having mats - just ask some kkkodexer to taxi you with his nekros and in a few minutes you will get that required things for build/smth no problem

and yeah welcome on a dark road :)

ADL

Prophet
So I got to the Kubrow quest, got the incubator and the egg but now I need an incubator core which can only be bought for 35 platinum or crafted from materials I get much, much later. This is obviously a quest to get you spend real money but is it worth it? Would a dog be a huge benefit to a noobie or am I just fine waiting for it?
I did the Kubrow quest much later into the game but I can't imagine playing more than 10 hours without getting an Argon crystal which is the "hardest" material to get for a newcomer. That's not accounting for getting a taxi and just doing a Void survival for 15 minutes. If I weren't so damn tired and had to get up in 4 hours I'd do it myself. If you still need it tomorrow, I'll gladly take you, we'll get into a Nekros farming group and I'll bring my Hydroid Prime for even more loot. Only thing about argon crystals is that they decay so you need to use them immediately. Do you have all the other resources?

To answer your question, it's not really any better than a sentinel. Especially without being properly kitted out, which you won't be able to do until much later in the game. Focus on clearing your star chart. Don't be afraid to upgrade your mods and spend a little time on a planet. You'll be going back for the resources anyways.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Do you guise take your time on each mission to scour the map and get as many chests and cabinets as possible or you just sprint to the objective, get it done and back to extraction? First I did the scouring but most of the maps are so fucking gigantomatic I can't be arsed anymore. I just hope I won't regret it when I need some mats or something.

eklektyk

Erudite
you clean map only when lookin for caches in sab missions for "other" loot table rolls

or when you want to fill ayatan sculptures with stars - since stars drop only from containers

for normal materials its nekro/hydro combo and they DO rain then ...

most cases speedin thru mission is better since you can cramm more missions and more chances at that loot roll in the end [ exeptions are "endles missions - but here there are ways to tweak them to work better too - speednova on def - slownova on intercept - or go for survival with nekros and hydro and make it rain .. ]

Arnust

Savant
I can't imagine playing more than 10 hours without getting an Argon crystal which is the "hardest" material to get for a newcomer.
The way I used to get mine way early on was to exploit Maroo's quest, which counts as Void, and if I didn't find any I redid the mission. (Not when it spawns on Derelict instead, of course.)

As for scrounging, Syndicate missions will have its own version of items (Marks, Medallions, Data, etc) to find spread all over it, which are pretty bug into generally speeding up your rank increase and can be used up when you want out of the daily rank points. Later, there's an independent Syndicate, Cephalon Simaris, who will ask of you to scan certain types of enemies. On that, go get some Scanner charges on the store for your "tools", they can be quite handy and you don't really want to miss out on Cephalon Fragments or Tones, esentially collectables.

Other than that, it does quite depend on the level. If it's something like Survival or the sort, you might as well fuck around the level while time passes. You do kind of want to figure out how individual "rooms" are generated to get around faster, this being essential for Spy missions. If it's an area like the Void, there's a lot of mods to get from its containers and it's got a lot of "stash" rooms. Plus Argon has a chance to spawn pretty much everywhere there, if you need any.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So the Cephalon synthesis targets - talked to Cephalon , got his Scanner, equipped it and everything....but I have yet to see a target (I know it's special, blue etc.). I know the Scanner is supposed to prompt me at the start of a mission but I have never seen this. I even found this page with target spawn chance - right now I need a Lancer, he is supposed to spawn on Mercury - Pantheon with 100% chance but nada. Am I still too low a level for this? But a Lancer is just a basic bitch enemy so wtf?

Vaarna_Aarne

The Cephalon Target is a special extremely resilient variant of the enemy that's spawned somewhere on the map. If the spawn is present, Simaris will tell you at the start of the mission, and you can track the direction to the target by following these helix spirals that look like the target capture animation particles.

Synthesis targets themselves need to be scanned multiple times, aiming at specific points (generally speaking the elbows, knees, and head) until it dematerializes with the last scan. Getting a Kinetic Trap is advisable since it really helps keep them still.

You also have two kinds of Simaris targets: You have the random mission, and you have the Codex backstory entry unlocks which are preset quotas.

stop trying to tackle all the content at once. go with the flow. and get yourself a helios before you go mad trying to scan everything. either helios or forget scanning.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Cephalon Target is a special extremely resilient variant of the enemy that's spawned somewhere on the map. If the spawn is present, Simaris will tell you at the start of the mission, and you can track the direction to the target by following these helix spirals that look like the target capture animation particles.

Synthesis targets themselves need to be scanned multiple times, aiming at specific points (generally speaking the elbows, knees, and head) until it dematerializes with the last scan. Getting a Kinetic Trap is advisable since it really helps keep them still.

You also have two kinds of Simaris targets: You have the random mission, and you have the Codex backstory entry unlocks which are preset quotas.

All this I already know, what I don't know is how to find those targets, i.e. in what missions they spawn. I've played a lot of Warframe today with the scanner equipped, including a lot of Grineer missions on Mercury, and I've never had the Simaris prompt at the start.

Vaarna_Aarne

Just think of it as a side gig, don't make it the main focus of what you're doing.

stop trying to tackle all the content at once. go with the flow. and get yourself a helios before you go mad trying to scan everything. either helios or forget scanning.
Helios doesn't work for Synthesis Targets tho IIRC.

I'd say more important step is getting the scanner widget that gives unlimited scanner charges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom