Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout After a long time, I've finally finished Fallout 2. Guess what, it's shit!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Age of Decadence, shit combat.
nigga plz
As I elaborated: Party based RPG + tactical turn based combat + no full party control = shit combat. One can't seriously say that a combat system, where every move and action point counts but you can't control your party is a good one.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As I elaborated: Party based RPG + tactical turn based combat + no full party control = shit combat. One can't seriously say that a combat system, where every move and action point counts but you can't control your party is a good one.
AoD is a party based game? What the fuck am I reading?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meaning you have a party in the game (or followers if you will). Call it whatever you want, if you have NPC's in your team who participate in the combat, the player should be able to control it, not an AI.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meaning you have a party in the game (or followers if you will). Call it whatever you want, if you have NPC's in your team who participate in the combat, the player should be able to control it, not an AI.
You're accompanied in a few fights. Actually, in most cases it would be more true to say that you accompany them. AoD is an eminently single-character game, as far as I’m concerned, both gameplay-wise and thematically.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
They are not your party or followers. So no, I won't.

Lurker47

Savant
It'd be nice if you could give them commands in-combat; direct control isn't really necessary to avoid the stupid situations that tend to happen.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
You're accompanied in a few fights. Actually, in most cases it would be more true to say that you accompany them. AoD is an eminently single-character game, as far as I’m concerned, both gameplay-wise and thematically.
Alright, you convinced me. There are very few fights in AoD where you have followers, so it is exempted from the full party control rule. But Fallout 1 and 2's combat is still shit in this regard.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I bet he'd have cared for it if it had fast, visceral 1-word dialogues and immediately obvious C&C whenever you click on a dialogue option.

Meanwhile, F2 which has C&C tied to actual gameplay not just clicking on dialogue options and probably overall more of it than AP is not worthy of replaying.

Popamoler through and through.
See, this is the kind of shitposting I was talking about. Sorry mate, but you are just acting like a tryhard edgy Codexian.

Why is it shitposting? Because it's true?

Because AP is a shit game, with WAY shittier combat than F2? Because the C&C is made for newfag ADHD gamers where the only requirement is to push the awesome button to fire the alternative script.

Yeah, it's shitposting when the truth hurts, I know.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I bet he'd have cared for it if it had fast, visceral 1-word dialogues and immediately obvious C&C whenever you click on a dialogue option.

Meanwhile, F2 which has C&C tied to actual gameplay not just clicking on dialogue options and probably overall more of it than AP is not worthy of replaying.

Popamoler through and through.
See, this is the kind of shitposting I was talking about. Sorry mate, but you are just acting like a tryhard edgy Codexian.

Why is it shitposting? Because it's true?

Because AP is a shit game, with WAY shittier combat than F2? Because the C&C is made for newfag ADHD gamers where the only requirement is to push the awesome button to fire the alternative script.

Yeah, it's shitposting when the truth hurts, I know.
yeah-yeah-i-ppwapl.jpg

Alkarl

Learned

Okagron

Prophet
Fallout 2 is easily the worst cRPG of all times. It truely is subhuman ape shit.

I actually re-created my shitpost at Steam's forums with more effort put into it. https://steamcommunity.com/app/38410/discussions/0/1697175413684281409/
It's 14 pages in and not a single argument has been scratched, the wall of text stands strong and undefeated, come try your luck fellas.
All i see is your arguments being completely trashed and you acting like a butthurt retard with no arguments as usual. So, same old same old.

It seems you gave up defending Oblivion after "your arguments" got destroyed in that retarded thread you made recently. So you went back to arguing about Fallout 2. I guess you came back for seconds.

Cael

Arcane
After a long time, I've finally finished Fallout 2. Guess what, it's shit!
:mob:

Hah, fooled you! It is not shit.

:nocountryforshitposters:

:killit:

:timetoburn::timetoburn::timetoburn:

On a more serious note:
I have to agree that the companion AI is pretty crap. That said, the combat AI in general is crap. If you want companions, then it is best to give them the best long range, non-area effect weapons you've got. That means no burst weapons, no shotguns, no rocket launchers or grenades. Even Marcus will happily hose you down with a Bozar even if you set his AI to "make absolutely sure you don't hit me!"

Sulik - .223 pistol
Cassidy/Vic/Skynet - Gauss Rifle or Sniper Rifle or Hunting Rifle
Marcus - Laser Rifle or Turbo Plasma Rifle or Pulse Rifle

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
Rofl its the others who gave up and started discussing about Thief instead.
Because your "arguments" for Oblivion got destroyed by legitimate arguments and you decided to ignore them and then trash talk Thief instead. You also got several replies after the last stupidity you posted but as usual, you ignored them because you have no arguments of any kind.

And just mere the fact you only read the title of this thread and assumed the OP was actually saying Fallout 2 is shit, but if you actually read the first post, you would know the OP said it's not shit. Just tells me you barely read anything and just cherry pick very specific things to make your "arguments" seem to have any weight.

Making me question why you want to argue about anything in the first place when you ignore 95% of the arguments thrown at you.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Fallout 2 is easily the worst cRPG of all times. It truely is subhuman ape shit.

I actually re-created my shitpost at Steam's forums with more effort put into it. https://steamcommunity.com/app/38410/discussions/0/1697175413684281409/
It's 14 pages in and not a single argument has been scratched, the wall of text stands strong and undefeated, come try your luck fellas.

Rofl its the others who gave up and started discussing about Thief instead.

Who cares ?
Go play oblivion, Candy Crush, Farmville or whatever you play these days. :deathclaw:

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Wow you guys you wont believe what just happened in my thread. A guy tried to blame Bethesda for the unfixed bugs in F2! He said that since they bought the IP it prevented online patches from being released. The bandwagon just reached a new milestone.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Hah, fooled you! It is not shit.

Anyway, finishing this game took a long time, I've started my first playthrough at least 7 or 8 months ago. But, yesterday I've finally finished it, so I can die in peace now.

As for the game, let's see. Remember this thread?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/so-fallout-1-im-raging-so-hard-now.83405/

Well almost everything I wrote there still applies. So yes, the character system is still great, the C&C is amazing. The writing is pretty good, and the atmosphere is superb.

But you know what? The combat still sucks, and it was even worse this time. Because in Fallout 1 I rolled a talkie character and tried to avoid most of the combat. But this time I played as a badass fighter, and had a lot of fights. Also had 3 more party members with me. And god that tedious combat, the cumbersume GUI, and worst of all, the terrrible AI were trying my patience. I don't care what everybody says, but if a game has tactical combat, where every move and every action point counts, and you have a party, then it is mandatory to have a full controllable party. I cannot count how many fights I had to reload because the braindead AI fucked up. I gave you a fucking minigun for a reason asshole, so please don't start hitting the enemies with your fist. Fallout 1 has this AI driven combat, and the combat is shit. Fallout 2, detto. Age of Decadence, shit combat. Even the first Neverwinter Nights did this crap. Fuck ..... you! If you have a party, you let me control that fucking party, OK? Or make a single character RPG.

And of course you can't manage the inventories in a simple way either. No, first you have to talk to the charcter, then choose trade, than add the items one by one, and then click the barter button, then hit close. So in the end I used an unlimited weight cheat and hoarded everything by my character.

Also, the game was a bit too long for its own good. Maybe it is just me, but the last couple of hours started to feel like filler.

Overall, the game is a good cRPG, deservedly praised, but the limited combat system and party management drags it down and I don't think I want to play it again.

Nigga please.

Marcus killing your entire party with one misplaced minigun salvo is the most essential part of classic Fallout experience.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Someone please give the guy above me a retadred rating on my behalf, since I dont know how to do it myself. I will repay you do not worry.

Alkarl

Learned
Someone please give the guy above me a retadred rating on my behalf, since I dont know how to do it myself. I will repay you do not worry.

Alkarl fired at IHaveHugeNick and hit mfkndggrfll instead for 1 retadred rating.

Aint that about a bitch? Anyway, I tried, are you still gonna repay me or what?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom