Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Me and Ninjerk played.

Replayz for those interested.

http://www.aliendwarfare.at/public/codexlp/dow/2P_TRANQUILITYS_END.2018-07-08.17-18-21.rec

http://www.aliendwarfare.at/public/codexlp/dow/2P_FATA_MORGANA.2018-07-08.17-30-31.rec

Chaos_Raptor_Art.jpg

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Game 1
IG shows decent command squad harass but never dealt lasting damage. Maybe should've supported the command squad with a squad of guardsman to decapture.
With no lasting damage done, Chaos took economic advantage and simply deployed T2 vehicles to dominate the battlefield.
IG gave a decent show, but not enough to overturn the disadvantage.

Game 2
SM didn't have enough match-up knowledge to overcome the disadvantage
Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew

-------------------------------------------

Game 1
SM went mass tacs.
IG did not use Command Squad harass. That would've disrupted the mass tacs.
Marines inched close but stopped upon seeing LP2.
I think the inexperience shows when players are hesitant to engage, despite having the advantage.
Also the Force Commander was there to act as a battering ram, but chose instead to stare at the Hulk Hogan banner for 3 minutes.
Take and hold count down with 3 full marine squad and force commander was too much for IG to overcome.

Game 2
Tau, please study Vespid again. They're not just detectors.
Eldar went with a slow opener with just one guardian as capper.
Somehow Eldar went ahead with mass banshees.
Tau doesn't know how to defend or simply doesn't possess survival instincts, too many of them died because they refused to relocate.
Tau got to T2, did not diversify and stuck to infantry against mass banshees. Predictably gets melted down like butter once Banshee gets upgrades.

Game 3

:abyssgazer:
Eldar went slow opener again with one Guardian and one Farseer.
Tau went early Vespid but does not utilize it to base harass.
One vespid fell to mind war from Farseer :lol:
Eldar respond with a second guardian squad and researches Mysticism for Guardian squad
...but doesn't have Warlock attached to the Guardians. So it does nothing.
After losing an intense engagement to decap the central Critical Point, the Eldar withdraw completely.
Three minutes of inactivity later, they re-engage with 2 wraithlords and howling banshees for a last ditch attempt to stop the take and hold victory.
The rest, as they say is butthurt detected.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
I'm up for grabs tommorow, sorry again for slacking, work overload boned me harder than david gaider

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lmao'd so hard at the sneaky stealth suit granting take and hold victory by the skin of his teeth in game 2.

Stealth suits are the silent heroes of Tau.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
So... The Quatlo vs the Snorkack
Game 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HtoNFZHSnAGfACqRJxXFqvUJ59xDN_vz
Game 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=100SXTz8UaF4xERWwxeYJ-JSDUaizUIXA
Game 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J4FfiIz51OCFo7eYKgX2BTiadnqwFP9G

Was entertaining. Quite some back&forth! Somehow I came back against Eldar after having my entire team wiped.
Also my HQs have a knack for idling around staring at the Hulk banner. It's quite an awesome banner tho.
Game 3 random ai skirmish just for avoiding spoilers

God, am I relieved I don't have to face Eldar any more in this tournament.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
Man I honestly dont know what to do in this game after gaining any advantage. I just sit idly and let my resources float.
Good game!

RK47

Patron
Quatlo vs Snorkack Game 1

Pretty fast T2 for Eldar. But did not translate that advantage into early vehicles.
Space marines had equal squad count in early game but doesn't realize the marine squad beats Dark Reapers in melee.
Marines pushed the Eldar back to the base, only to fail to read the situation.
Fearing 'base advantage' Snorkack pulled out his marines and force commander to open ground, leaving his assault marines to die.
Force commander and 2 marine squads decide to re-engage the Dark Reapers on open ground. A fatal mistake. None survived.
Despite this great turnaround, the Eldar looked lost and linger around at mid-map, giving time for marines to regroup.
Assault marines redeployed to lock down the reapers. This time, a dreadnought was with them.
Eldars forced to retreat - and return with a Fire Dragon to deal with the Dread.
A Chaplain was trained, he stood at a captured relic and paid his respects to Chapter Master Hogan while this battle ensues.
First dread was taken down, but at a great cost. The entire Reaper army was thrown into disarray by the persistent assault marines.
A second dread arrived, and the Eldar offensive is over.
Marines pushed into the Eldar base for the second time and made no mistake.

Some tips for the players...
SM:
When attacking a superior ranged squad with tactical space marines, consider close combat as a valid option.
Assault marines with melta bombs can wreck light vehicles and listening posts quicker.
Marine squad grenades also can disrupt enemies, giving time for you to get away or close in.

Eldar:
You hit tier 2 early but did not use it to your advantage. Study your options.
Get listening points up faster and upgrade them. It will pay off in the long run and help when you're on defense.
When counter-attacking, waste no time in using guardians to recapture points, these means resources.
Eldar infantry are highly specialized, therefore the Fire Dragon should really go find another structure to destroy once the Dread was dealt with instead of shooting at infantry for low damage.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Quatlo vs Snorkack Game 2

IG went aggressive with CS Harass + Guardsman despite a tentative start. VERY slow LP build though.
IG has the advantage with 2 GM + 1 CS vs 1 TC and 2 FW but did not decapture before disengaging.
Re-engages again, but Tau has snare traps ready and gets LP2 up. But Tau Commander gets killed in the chaos.
Tau deploys Vespid and somehow it performed admirably despite not being used to destroy buildings.
IG on the backfoot for a while having no LP2 to fall back to.
Tau doesn't push. Just hangs around at mid-map. Scores easy kill on a wayward Command Squad before finally pushing in.
IG hits T2 and MASS GM with NO Grenade Launchers that can disrupt nor gets a basilisk to knock down the Fire Warriors.
Hilarity ensues when Tau decides to shoot at buildings instead of the mass of guardsman firing at you. Vespid killed in the firefight.
Tau Commander stands in the middle of 20 guardsmen and just die pointlessly while the rest of his warriors retreat.
Vespid was immediately retrained for what purpose, I don't know.
Both sides are at Tier 2. A little aimless. But Tau is harder to screw up with full eco-research. Massive economic advantage.
IG did not upgrade his LP and falls far behind in the eco, did not retrain Command Squad. MASS guardsmen ensue.
Two drunken commanders go at it over and over until Tau wises up and pumps out Skyrays while IG just churns out a few Sentinels to decapture Critical Points and blast a few listening posts.
Both hits T3 - but IG is in a bad shape with high float and full guardsman army getting pounded over and over by full T3 optics fire warrior and missile barrage. Command Squad AWOL throughout the firefight.
Karskins and Ogryns arrive but it was to no avail as the FWs march in for free.
2-0 GG.

Quatlo vs Snorkack Game 3
There is no game 3

RK47

Patron
Game 1 Commentary Excidium Edition:
Ex: jesus theres still 5 more minutes of this
Ex: is this when eldar just idles
Ex: whats with these people
Ex: and winning a critical battle then just idling
Ex: letting enemy recover
RK47: lol
RK47: 'i won, where's muh gg'
RK47: 1-0
RK47: stay on mid field
RK47: pose
Ex: lol
RK47: roll like naymar
Ex: its funny because a better player like roxor would just concede if he lost an army like that
Ex: but a noob doesnt know its lost
RK47: AHHAHAH
RK47: shhhhh ex
Ex: which works in his favor since the other noob wont go for th win
RK47: dont insult mohammad roxor like that
RK47: he would say
RK47: prob gg
RK47: and still rebuild
Ex: lol
RK47: this is his fake concession tactic

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
tau deathblob chillin' in the middle while imperial guard army offers a stretching exercise and runs rings around the base with nothing but guardsmen despite floating like 1000/1000 resources

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Getting trashed by rk in his vods sure makes a victory taste like defeat. On the other hand, said trashing is probably what made the last few wins possible in the first place, so there's that.

RK47

Patron
I cussed cause I cared.

THE FIRE WARRIOR IS RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

bY09AjY.gif

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I'm going on vacation tomorrow afternoon, would prefer to get a dow game in before I leave.
Stormcrowfleet Ninjerk Dayyālu any of you dudes available today or early tomorrow (CEST)?

I can't help but notice you all have 0 points and could use the opportunity to get some :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
so in other words starting tomorrow chad division is going to be only ninjerk and roxor

And no change whatsoever was noticed!

I'd suggest to rename the Chad Division to Ghost Division. Fitting.

Nigger don't you even start or I'm gonna flip out. Yesterday you were all like 'zomg i waited so long and nobody wanted to play with me', meanwhile all I remember from your posting in this thread is 'zomg official matches so stressing i'd rather just spar' or 'zomg i dun wanna get smashed against roxor or jaedar'

truly makes u think

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I've been training with Imperial Guard and Hello Friend raped me repeatedly, so don't hold your breath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom