Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

eklektyk

Erudite
yes - you can use them on other frames - but, and this is big but, you cant make viable build with them as they have :special" polarity that you cant forma for ... so yes but no

Efe

Erudite
what you said so may be true depending on what tau resistance does but other than that A- you got better alternatives already (primed mods) and B- most of those are basic all general use mods. not a "one build"

eklektyk

Erudite
tau resistance is basicly sentient dmg mitigation and i have suspition it does not work on big sentient "bosses" so usless until we actually go to tau ...

and with new mods mechanics you either go all 3 or theyre basicly shit - with drain of 48 and no way to put polarity good luck makin viable build outside umbra frame - and 2 of them are vitality and armor ...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You have plenty of ways to mitigate damage already. The main issue really is that any frame you use Steel Fiber high-survivability build on would benefit from the Umbral set even if just on 2/3 (ie, Wukong would have little use for Umbral Intensify because its most important abilities Defy and Cloud Walker don't scale with Strength), but outstanding examples of this would be Nidus and Inaros who would just love to have turbo-boosted versions of Vitality and Steel Fiber, and have use for Intensify as well (Nidus more than Inaros, but still).

The real clincher is really the polarity being unavailable for formas, at least for now. It basically locks you into building around including the modset and to basically needing Steel Charge bonus capacity. This is kind of a bummer for me since I like to build around high flexibility, essentially to be able to swap around auras and mods to widest variety of purposes I see as befitting my playstyle. Which in many cases does involve eventually depolarizing the aura slot as the finishing touch for the extra 2 capacity.

Though if they give you the ability to slap Umbra polarity with Formas, I know what I'll be using five formas for.

There's nothing to grind, the quest is like 1 hour long and doesn't solve anything. And they spent a year making this, can you imagine them making a singleplayer game?
I believe vast majority of DE's problems boil down to just lack of attention span and overarching vision. Take for instance the new UI, which seems kind of like a waste of effort but someone there really just wanted to do it just because. It's almost like a band of hobbyists just chillaxing and doing whatever. Though personally I think the best example of this is putting in the effort to driveable vehicles on the Venus open zone, which is just "wat" in regards to its actual contribution to the overall game.

eklektyk

Erudite
main problem is : its a SET

puting 3/3 is nice but just droping one mod for 2/3 gives subpar values and makes it a nonstarter for build purpose - so in esence you either put all 3 of em or none at all [ going 1/3 is even worse as numbers drop is pretty steep ]

and UI rework looks like it was steves baby and he pushed hard for it - and after some marketing ppl slapped plat onto new system it was forgone conclusion in its implementation

Vaarna_Aarne

The 2/3 values are superior to Vitality and Steel Fiber, since maxed the mods are equal. The bonus is 25% increase each time over the base value, so Umbra Vitality for 2/3 would be somewhere around +650% saying off-hand, with 3/3 being +770%. In this context, there is benefit to dropping Intensify on for example Wukong, who doesn't benefit essentially at all from Ability Strength, where its added bonus to Vitality and Steel Fiber is not worth a slot that could be used for, for example, Primed Continuity or Primed Vigor.

EDIT: The benefit is 550%, so yes the increase is higher for the third mod but still I would choose using the mod slot for something else on a frame that doesn't benefit much from Ability Strength because the benefits are higher than standard variations of the mods. On a frame like Excalibur Umbra or Nidus tho, yea it's all three or bust because the benefits align perfectly to what the frame benefits from.

Last edited:

Arnust

Savant
The Umbra mods are pretty much a no brainer in everything but the new obnoxiosuly long (serilously, try making it so that it doesn't clip) Nikana, where the Sacrificial mod adding crit is kind of shit when it's got a higher base Status.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well the Sacrifice mods are only useful in one single case, which is if you don't own Primed Pressure Point. If you own Primed Pressure Point, use that instead.

eklektyk

Erudite
i kinda could understand this set IF they gave us umbra polarity forma option ... without it thers no point in incorporating those mods into existing builds ... they simply take too much room and cripple whole thing

makes you wonder what was the thought proces behind them at DE

at least they put them at 50% capacity so some endo was spared from grind but im still belivered with this whole "umbra process" and who did what and when so we get here :itsamystary:

Wild Slop

Arcane
I crossed my fingers and ran a 2nd Sanctuary Onslaught after having a caught-in-host-migration bugout crash. It happened agian and I am seeing red. I posted a complaint in the forums. There is a topic where some lickspittle shit is answering each of the complaints with a 'don't say anything negitive about anything, I like being a bitch' responses.

...I'm calming down enough now to compose myself but you can be sure crap-sack traitor liar-thief Bliblabubb is going to catch the worse of my rage when we meet on the battlefield.

Cael

Arcane
devs chasing new players for greater profit always work ... and sacrifice old players who pay most of youre revenue is sound bissnes plan ... it worked for soooo many companies, did it not??
Worked for Wartune. They are up to over 400+ servers, most of which are merged with each other due to lack of players. In a game where you can pay-to-win, old toons only buy when there is new stuff. New toons buy the new stuff PLUS all of the old stuff. That is why you always want to introduce new servers, sucker in the new guys and then merge them with older servers and force them to ragequit to a new server where they can be king again for a little while.

Gerrard

Arcane
Today is the day of false promises.

Watch the official stream to get Ash Prime (or a free slot if you already have one).

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Ugg this is how my STO and then Neverwinter died out, with me only logging in for daily claims, then after far too long of doing that realizing that even doing that was too much. I got a load of games with the Steam sale that are far more amusing (currently on Stick of Truth).

As far as new system(s) Im thinking whatever stock "wow!" gimmick up their sleave they'll need more than what was already announced/expected.

Vaarna_Aarne

While it is nice to see a more advanced settlement, I'd say it's ultimately disappointing that the actual zone in Venus is visually and structurally so similar to that of Kazakhstan.

If I had my pick on what they'd be doing if they were to be doing another large adventure zone, I'd have said a metropolitan cloud city area on Jupiter. That'd have been different, possibly allowed for many vertical elements.

As for the vehicles and Marty's board, I remain of the stance that they're gimmicks that take too long in terms of time and resources for the devs to make and serve no actual purpose that'd integrate into the core game. That was the biggest problem of Cetus, that it's basically a mostly insulated minigame.

Gerrard

Arcane
Hoverboards look slow as shit, can't even do tricks except spin (literally worse than UT3).
Spaceship is slow as shit, can't really understand its purpose when archwing exists. Hey guys, remember Archwing? [3 seconds of archwing used in that segment]
A million things I can imagine breaking thanks to DE's magic net code.

At least no silly new PvP modes were made.

eklektyk

Erudite
well if gulag of kazahstan tought us anything is that hoverboard not only willl require shitload of "unique" resources to be build it will have "usable charges" still sinkin more resources from new zone and posibly will have another sink in - do you want to upgrade speed ? - bullshit be abundant
big ship they showed will be same resource grind but multiplied tenfold

suprisingly magic netcode still works - i think it was major contributor to kiling raids seeing how it mostly was kiling groups attempting to play them - and its how most of hostmigrations occur to this day coz DE is to cheap and cant be bothered to implement basic server [any stres on login hamster kills their whole networking infrastructure - its meme worthy at this point and no solution is even hinted from them that its something that should be adresssed]

fanboys are jerking on how it kills destiny2 but honestly as shitty as it is at least activision pays for semistable serwers ...

will still grind all that modable guns sweet mr xp coz i dont have anything better to play ... - after warframe addicted me to movement anything else i try to play is sloooow as shit

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I finally gave it a go. I was a huge fan of Mass Effect 3 MP back in the day and holy shit, this is like ME3 after millions of years of evolution lol.

I got many questions obviously but imma try figure out most of them. But for now -

1. I've completed the Vor quest, killed the dude and now the game is pointing me to the Venus junction. Before that tho I clicked on a mission marked with a blue diamond. Turns out it was a wave mission, just like in ME3. Now, wave missions, how do they work? Is there a limit to the waves? Coz after the 10th everybody left so I thought no point sticking around and fucked off too. Also, I saw I got two Lith something something as a reward but now I can't see them in my inventory. What's up with that?

2. The game seems really easy so far. I basically go through the mobs with my basic bitch pole weapon, supplemented by my basic bitch rifle. Two, three hits and they're gone. I assume mobs are gonna get much harder?

3. How should I level up my weps? Should I keep using my basic weps, they're around lvl 10 now, or try to buy and craft something more spiffy. I got around 60k credits now.

Kodex Kollective Konsciousness to the rescue.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
So I finally gave it a go.

Oh no, you poor thing. You have started down a dark path.

1. I've completed the Vor quest, killed the dude and now the game is pointing me to the Venus junction. Before that tho I clicked on a mission marked with a blue diamond. Turns out it was a wave mission, just like in ME3. Now, wave missions, how do they work? Is there a limit to the waves? Coz after the 10th everybody left so I thought no point sticking around and fucked off too. Also, I saw I got two Lith something something as a reward but now I can't see them in my inventory. What's up with that?

Depends on what you're trying to achieve. The rewards cycle in an A/A/B/C pattern, so maybe people only wanted the A cycle rewards. The lith things will be in the space cabbage in the corner.

2. The game seems really easy so far. I basically go through the mobs with my basic bitch pole weapon, supplemented by my basic bitch rifle. Two, three hits and they're gone. I assume mobs are gonna get much harder?

They'll get much harder, you'll get much stronger. After enough grinding, anyway.

3. How should I level up my weps? Should I keep using my basic weps, they're around lvl 10 now, or try to buy and craft something more spiffy. I got around 60k credits now.

You'll quickly find you lack either space or resources to build other things (until you either jew up or grind more). Just experiment with different types and see what you like. At the low level you can't go too far wrong. And never sell any weapons before you get it to level 30 first (to get the mastery points for it). The mods in the weapons will be the biggest factor later on.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The lith things will be in the space cabbage in the corner.

It's greyed out for now. Meaning I'm not gonna be receiving any Lith rewards until I activate it, so I shouldn't even bother with wave missions? Or they're safely stored in there, waiting for me to switch it on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom