Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

sullynathan

Arcane
Playing through the 2nd game on the hardest difficulty is such a fucking chore because of how little damage weapons do and the constant looting to find new weapons and armor. Neither game has good combat but the first one at least had combat go through much quicker

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I just can't stand the art style of these games. The characters have that overdesigned WRPG look. Plus, the demo I played on Xbox 360 was boring.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
There has been so little information about this that it's either fantastic and they know it or they are lazy as fuck and just don't care because they think it's guaranteed money from fans of the previous games. Hopefully the former.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Looks almost the same as death's gameplay so far. Not that that's a bad thing, I just set difficulty to apocalyptic in 2 and it was enjoyable without being tedious. The parts of the games I like most are the music and amazingly cool bosses.
Darksiders 1/2 don't come near my favorite games of all time, but this moment was definitely one of the most memorable of any game I've played.

DemonKing

Arcane
I nodded off twice while watching the 11 minute gameplay demo - hardly a ringing endorsement for an action game.

Gameplay looks more chore than fun, graphics and progression look underwhelming and weapons weak and lacking impact.

J1M

Arcane
I want to like this.

The first one was a nice mix of Zelda and God of War. The second got confused and tried to be prince of persia and borderlands or something instead.

Here's hoping they realized that the series is about Zelda + God of War, not "mash up any two action games".

J1M

Arcane
Well, fuck. Just skipped through that gameplay trailer.

Looks like they went with a Dark Souls + Metroid mashup for this one.

AbstractKazzy

Novice
As a fan of the series these games have never been amazing. I would say just good depending on who you're asking. 3 looks a lot better than the first trailer from ages ago but $60 good? Fuck no.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I buy these games for the articles, for the art. Bit like the Castlevania Lord of Shadow games. There have been some memorable moments in each game. They should let you play as Strife though, as I only ever enjoyed bolting on Lara Croft's tits in the original Tomb Raider back in the day. Other than that I've never seen the point in playing as a girl.

deama

Prophet
They missed an opportunity to make her a succubus, that would have been really fun.

Suicidal

Arcane
I recently started playing Darksiders for the 1st time and I'm enjoying it. Combat is not that good (feels like budget God of War, which by itself feels like budget Devil May Cry) but it's decent enough and the game does a very good job at constantly giving you something new, whether it's flying sections, 3rd person shooter sections, extended puzzle solving sections, so you don't have enough time to get bored of the combat. Also, I really like exploring the world and looking for secrets.

If Darksiders 3 will be more of the same then I'm down for that.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Oh gee willikers, yet another strong female player character.

Need to stock up my soy milk for this one!
If Darksiders 3 had been a newly conceived game in current year, I would have agreed with you, but they had established the character since the first game in the series started IIRC, it's not a sudden thing to appeal to the gay community.

edit:
I think the female thing was more of them wanting to do their own thing and make the four horsemen different, because at the same time they fucked it up and made fury/strife instead of famine/pestilence.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom