Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will we be able to conjure and hurl other animals at the enemy besides pigs?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Will we be able to conjure and hurl other animals at the enemy besides pigs?

We have a chicken, goat and cow, as well as various rocks and other pieces of debris. The car engine is a personal favorite.

Oh heh, I didn't notice that. Obvious patriotic District 9 homage!

As soon as we put in the gravity gun we had to add in the D9 pig!

Is there going to be a gore/blood filter for 'people' who doesn't like this kind of visuals?

We aren't gonna have a gore/violence filter - but combat is entirely optional and will actually be a character choice rather than a 'skip combat/resolve combat' button. Choosing to engage (or not engage) in combat is built into the story itself - beyond just 'shoot things and watch them blow up'.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Can't say I'm a big fan of JRPG style static combat. Could you explain what is going on with the initiative turn order system, the green pips?

Initiative in terms of 'sides' it is always the aggressor that goes first.
In each turn you can choose any character in your party to use. Some weapons have a cool down effect, so you cant spam too many hits of a specific weapon.
The green pips are Fallout style Action Points. Weapons/Abilities require different AP to use - and your turn is over when you run out of AP.
AP is generated by the party members - 1 AP per turn per member - so 3 party members will give you 3 AP per turn. Bigger weapons may need more AP to use, so skipping turns allows you to build up your AP and use the more expensive abilities.

In playing we found that it becomes a very cool game of cat and mouse. Do you build up your AP to unleash a larger attack, do you attack a smaller weaker unit because they are providing AP, but risk letting your opponent build up their pool of points?
Also different strategies are needed for different opponents. Robotics aren't susceptible to poison, and organics aren't susceptible to having their armor stolen, etc.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
DkKmYIxX0AAEHS9.jpg:large

DeepOcean

Arcane

What the fuck I just watched?
Those unit concepts and animations are weird and awesome at the same time.

This will be better than Wasteland 3.

You know it's true.

Really funny, Wasteland 2 was a game about some crazy post apocalyptic world that never got crazy, being more boring and not creative, and had really distinguishable enemies like giant flies, giant frogs giant cockroaches, generic raiders, Prosper mutants and terminator robots so unique that look like something coming straight from the Unity Asset store and costed 3 million dollars at it all of this made by really comfortable californian famed developers that really didn't contribute to anything worthy wasting time with.

Guy from third world hellhole where crazy people cut people heads with machetes for bullshit reasons ranging from witchcraft to not enough melanin levels and rape is a national sport, gets some chump change for kickstarer, enough for a diet of one year of canned beans and Coca Cola for basic survival manages to make really cool and crazy post apocalyptic concepts.

Scientific FACTS learned from this:
1 - Developers that live on post apocalyptic environments work better as the stress hormones from escaping the machete raping gangs build more creativity.
2 - A diet of canned beans for an year can make a man more devoted to his project as he wishes enough money to stop eating canned beans, again stress hormones coming from hunger builds more creativity.
4 - Never count on lazy helium head californian "creatives" to ever do anything right.
5 - Never believe on middle age crisis men with black short hair with signs of "I want the same success that the cool young kids are having!", look to Brian "Never Believe his lies." Fargo and Chris "I want to sell procedural generated moon lots to idiots." Roberts

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This will be better than Wasteland 3.

You know it's true.

Really funny, Wasteland 2 was a game about some crazy post apocalyptic world that never got crazy, being more boring and not creative, and had really distinguishable enemies like giant flies, giant frogs giant cockroaches, generic raiders, Prosper mutants and terminator robots so unique that look like something coming straight from the Unity Asset store and costed 3 million dollars at it all of this made by really comfortable californian famed developers that really didn't contribute to anything worthy wasting time with.

Guy from third world hellhole where crazy people cut people heads with machetes for bullshit reasons ranging from witchcraft to not enough melanin levels and rape is a national sport, gets some chump change for kickstarer, enough for a diet of one year of canned beans and Coca Cola for basic survival manages to make really cool and crazy post apocalyptic concepts.

Scientific FACTS learned from this:
1 - Developers that live on post apocalyptic environments work better as the stress hormones from escaping the machete raping gangs build more creativity.
2 - A diet of canned beans for an year can make a man more devoted to his project as he wishes enough money to stop eating canned beans, again stress hormones coming from hunger builds more creativity.
4 - Never count on lazy helium head californian "creatives" to ever do anything right.
5 - Never believe on middle age crisis men with black short hair with signs of "I want the same success that the cool young kids are having!", look to Brian "Never Believe his lies." Fargo and Chris "I want to sell procedural generated moon lots to idiots." Roberts

What about 3?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
What about 3?

3 - For South Africa, "Kick it forward" means kicking the decapitated heads of white South African farmers; the looming threat of mass starvation elevates the stress hormones levels which in turn brings a burst of unparalleled creativity.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
It does help when the success or failure of a project is quite literally a life or death proposition for your family.

lightbane

Arcane
Working in videogame programming is intense in Africa. Speaking of, have you watched the Inferno trailer for the latest DLC of Endless Legends, Pyke ? Probably coincidence, but it also features techno-tribals of sorts.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Working in videogame programming is intense in Africa. Speaking of, have you watched the Inferno trailer for the latest DLC of Endless Legends, Pyke ? Probably coincidence, but it also features techno-tribals of sorts.

It certainly puts a very different kind of pressure on a person! Plus we have to deal with a lot of infrastructure issues. Quite large chunks of Stasis were literally worked on with power from a petrol generator.

I hadnt seen that - awesome! Thanks for showing me!

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Heh, did you draw inspiration for Stasis environments from real life?

I hope BD gets big enough for you guys. Have you considered marketing it outside of Kickstarter updates and twitter? Or is that just too expensive?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I'm more exited about an adventure game than a CRPG called Wasteland 3, what a strange world we're living in

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom