Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Little Misfortune - next game from Fran Bow developer

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New game announced:
https://www.littlemisfortune.com/

Shares the same universe as Fran Bow. Coming 2019.

Little Misfortune is an interactive story, focused on exploration and characters, both sweet and dark, where your choices have consequences.

Starring Misfortune Ramirez Hernandez, an imaginative 8-year-old, who seeks the prize of Eternal Happiness, as a gift to her Mommy. Led by her new friend, Mr. Voice, they venture into the woods, where mysteries are unraveled and a little bit of bad luck unfolds.

Sharing the same universe with the cult video game Fran Bow, created by the visionary dev-duo Killmonday Games.

⦁ You may pet a doggy, a fishy, a wolfie, the Kraken, the kitty and the foxy.
⦁ Visit a pet cemetery with a shovel.
⦁ Now with real human voices: Hear Misfortune say some pretty cute things!
⦁ Missing children.
⦁ There's a monster!
⦁ Fall in love.
⦁ Commit petty crimes.
⦁ Original art by Natalia Martinsson.
⦁ Original soundtrack by Isak Martinsson.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The console interface is a bit worrisome, but I survived the obviously phone minigames in Fran Bow, so how bad could it be?

Ivan

Arcane

I'll support these devs. They and Amanita pour heart & soul into their games

I wonder if the KillMonday dev girl is doing the VA herself lol :P it kinda sounds like her

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Thanks for bumping thread good sir. I was about to do the same. Mira pero que chulos son:

Last edited:

Durq

Novice
I love everything about the game except that it's mostly a walking simulator.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I just started and it is so weird (also I've watched the YouTube video with Natalia the developer and now can't get her succubus face out of my head, and Misfortune look soooo like her).

1079433_10201677532999516_1094611289_n.jpg

WallaceChambers

Learned
I played through it. Gameplay wise it's a step down from Fran Bow. You mostly just walk around looking at stuff and there's the occasional puzzle or mini game here and there but nothing too serious. It's light but it ends up having just enough interactivity to stay engaging for the brief 2~3 hour run time. The dark comedy and visuals are what really steal the show. Little Misfortune is an adorable character, her reactions are always interesting and there's a lot of genuinely surprising and weird story moments that are just fun to see. Way more gross-out humor than I was expecting too, but it works.

The plot itself has some decent mystery. I did manage to guess the big twist way ahead of time but it succeeds in creating a consistently eerie vibe and there were still a few unforeseen details in the mix. For me, at least.

It's pretty obvious that the events of this game are going to tie into the recently confirmed Fran Bow sequel. I'm hoping that Killmonday go back to having more involved gameplay with that one. This is a cool little prequel stop-gap but I wouldn't want Fran Bow 2 to be as easy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Massive decline into Telltale degeneracy. Adorable but since there is no mysteries to solve or puzzles to overcome, you never get satisfaction or fear from what is happening. As a trade you get your voice acting and pretty visuals. C&C doesn't matter either, you just see some extra animations etc.

Fran Bow was better in every way. When will storyfags understand that while story is important, it is so much more interesting when player is engaged in it through gameplay?

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd say it's even worse than telltale/dontnod non-games. Doesn't have almost any gameplay whatsoever. All C&C are totally fake. Yep, more fake than that of telltale/dontnod stuff.

Storywise it's quite cliché and deals with "serious topics" (abortions, domestic violence, parental alcoholism). Also it's very short. Like 2 hours short.

The only good thing in this game is its art design, if you are into creepy cutiness.

lightbane

Arcane
So, does it have alternate endings at least? I don't think so judging from the comments, but I wish to confirm it.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Nope. It has an additional very short scene in the end if you find all 16 sparkle points and sprinkle glitter at them.
In this scene Misfortune's mom takes off her mask and smiles through the tears. It is supposed to signify metaphorically her decision to stop hiding true emotions or whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom