Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Element Space - turn-based sci-fi tactical RPG

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.element-space.com

Squad based tactical combat, handcrafted levels/missions, choices and consequences, factions, companions, and all that, but leaning on shorter (12~15hr) playtime per playthrough. From Argentina-based studio called Sixth Vowel (quite a sizable [50 or so] studio it seems).

hPMFpgH.jpg

1DPPnqi.jpg

HChJZte.jpg

Argentina-based Sixth Vowel, the in-house development studio of Latin American publishing company Inca Games, today announced its first game, Element: Space. Players must forge alliances and uncover an interstellar conspiracy in this space-based tactical squad RPG; the biggest game solely developed in the Spanish-speaking Latin America region to date.

Element: Space is slated for release in Q4 of this year for PC on Steam, with the possibly of other platforms to follow.

“We love classic narrative-driven games and turn-based strategy. But we’re also mixing in the things we always wanted to see in the genre – refining turn-based tactical combat on hand-crafted levels while delivering a big story that changes and evolves with your actions,” said Entelman.

In Element: Space players take on the role of spacecraft Captain Christopher Pietham, leading his squadron of various companions into intergalactic conflict and dealing with the consequences of their choices throughout a deep story and combat which are altered by the player’s choices and actions.

The single-player game has core aspects of a classic squad-based tactical RPG but, rather than procedurally-generated missions, each is hand-crafted, non-linear, contains free-form combat, and is revealed based upon the player’s selection of factions, ideology, companions and more. The game must be replayed to experience the entire universe and story. Woven throughout the game is the power of the ‘Sixth Vowel’, which can best be described as humanity’s capacity for altering reality by manipulating sound, light and motion at will.

Element: Space features...
  • A story and gameplay where every choice matters. Players’ selection of ideology, faction alliance, squad mate companions and behavior affect the weapon availability, skills, loyalty and the direction the story will take. “We want players to feel the pressure of each decision they make to advance the story,” said Entelman.
  • 24 branching hand-crafted missions/submissions. Players experience 8 non-linear missions or submissions each time they play, determined by their choices, for an estimated 12-15+ hours per playthrough.
  • 8 faction worlds to explore (+3 non-playable). Each one represents a vastly different culture, agenda and architectural style, making the final game visually rich and diverse. Factions also provide unique bonuses depending upon how well you bond with them.
  • 8 potential companions to join you on your mission. Recruit your ‘party of five’ from eight unique squad-mates as you race against time. Each unlocks different stories, weapons and/or specialized combat skills. However, Entelman added, “you’ll have to play the game multiple times to see just how different each potential ally works for your team.”
  • A compelling battle system. Turn-based free-form combinations of movement, skills and attacks enables a unique team-based approach. A selection of 32 melee and ranged weapons, some unlocked based on faction relationships; Companions each have unique skills and develop 2 of 6 archetypes, with no two characters having the same combination; each set of enemies combine their abilities to challenge the player in a new way – all of this combines for complex combat and high replay-ability.
The scope of Element: Space makes the game and IP the first of its kind to be developed in a Spanish-speaking Latin America country, so the team realizes the opportunity to change perceptions about the emerging market and put the region on the map.

“It’s our goal to show a greater level of quality and talent from this largely untapped region, said Emiliano Giacobbe, studio CCO. “Raising this bar is key, as it is an industry growth investment for LatAm, and will change worldwide perception of what the region can develop independently.”

Sixth Vowel’s parent company and the game’s publisher, Inca Games, is currently seeking co-publishing partners to help bring the game to a global audience. Element: Space is scheduled for release in Q4 2018 for PC, with the possibility of console versions to follow. For additional information, please visit www.element-space.com.

http://www.element-space.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Turn-based Mass Effect actually sounds fucking awesome...

EDIT: Saw the trailer and this actually looks proper good! Voice-acting also seems well above-average.

tindrli

Arcane
i like the fact that there is no minimap. i wonder if anyone have inventory screen screenshot?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Looks appealing but it's probably going to disappoint.
Like linear story, limited interactions in exploration mode and shit.

Also, we can see some battle animations but i'm a bit confused on how it actually plays.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Where did this creep up from? Looks nice on paper, but it's the actual RPG elements we need to get some in-depth detail or video on. I guess a Bioware style RPG with turn-based gameplay could be someone's dream after playing Original Sin games or something. Will follow.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
And another one I keep an eye on. Maybe this will close the wound, that the Mandate left.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Element: Space is a turn-based tactical squad RPG set two hundred years in the future. You’ll step into the shoes of rogue captain Christopher Pietham and lead your crew in the fight against Tempest, an underground terrorist network wreaking havoc on the galaxy.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it will be background video for the official website (no sound, "ES Web"). They should have set it unlisted.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
They updated their website a bit and invented some betatesters, but I didn't find any new previews. Would be nice, if this one turns into another surprise hit like D:OS1, but I am not convinced. But maybe they get more coverage in Argentinia? Any argentinian Codexers here to confirm?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nookrium is having a playthrough of this. Seems decent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom