Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

frajaq

Erudite
#5's helmet reminds me of some anime character I can't quite remember the name of, so I'm voting for that

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Will this game feature some nice environmental hazards by the way?
Yes indeed. The game is highly inspired by Roadside Picnic, so you can expect a lot of twisted shit happen with a player that is not careful enough and not using his personal scanner with full potential.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Will this game feature some nice environmental hazards by the way?
Yes indeed. The game is highly inspired by Roadside Picnic, so you can expect a lot of twisted shit happen with a player that is not careful enough and not using his personal scanner with full potential.

Something along the side of Stalker?
Well Stalker itself is based on Roadside Picnic, so yes.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
# 1 and #4 is out of question because of weird installment on helmet.
# 3 would be my choice if not halo...
#2 has hoses curved too much.
#5 is full tutankhamon mode...

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Congrats to the artist for nailing down the anal look proper to a true manager. I want to punch every single one of them in the face.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
now i wish we have one of those at work (my job is to manage small warehouse since it's a small company we don't have machine forklif of our own and just use hand-pumped forklift most of the time unless a large batch of shipment come and we rent one from the docks and it cost like $120 / day)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exoskeletons like that already exist, but it is still relatively weak and it have only like 20 minutes battery life else it have to be plugged in all the time. But yah i get the meaning. At least i am in administration

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I think they already confirmed but it doesn't hurt to ask again: Are just UI (has ex InXile UI artist found job with you?), graphics (you can mine prosper out of that rock formation), lighting and animation (not bad at all and not showed at all) all placeholders or is it just unity?

You have very nice art style and theme of the game is starting to shape up really well. It would be such a shame if interesting and cool setting, gameplay & story are portrayed with graphics unworthy of them.

Also perhaps you should be either putting disclaimer that these screenshots and gifs are from earliest, baby days of pre-alpha's beta or perhaps you should wait and not show to others stuff that needs such disclaimers. Don't open the oven while the dish is still being cooked.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Hello friends. Yes, most of the elements shown are placeholders.

For the most of new games showing some relevant art aesthetic up until the release day is very hard (unlike sequels, for instance setting up Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter demo in 2015 was pretty easy, cause we had a huge bunch of assets from the first game, we only needed to create a bits of fresh new pieces).

Really, most of the things we have shown before - it's about 10% of final game quality. We need those things to build the world tho, it's important to see something familiar instead of just white boxes.

But honestly, if you like our concept art, you normally can expect to like the game art, cause we transfer it to the game pretty close to the drawings.
Let us check a couple of tiny examples I have at hand.

So this is the concept
d1PiEKcE_Pc.jpg

This is the current implementation. This one, I'd say is about 50% of the final cut. I like it pretty much already, but not all props are done yet and not the final lightning and shadows settings are set in. It's basically very empty yet, but we hired extra artists and now progress better and better every day.

For us extra work lies in the fact, that we are showing some part of the world before the post-apocalyptic part, so we need to create both "new" and destructed pieces of the environment. But we are ok with that, we think showing the prologue like this will make storyline stronger.

This is another example.

(this is my private yt channel and videos are unlisted, so you can treat it as small codex exclusive).

Graphics will improve up until release day and even afterward. Really our lead artist Andrei is a real fan of the isometric and post-apocalyptic theme. You can be sure, his bones will break before he will give up on tuning and tweaking and polishing each and every inch and pixes of this game. So does the rest of us in their respective departments.

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
For your viewing pleasure here is the rest of the images linked in the above tweet:

d1UmI1U.png

BIRZvIP.jpg

LpeSx2A.jpg

jvTBxxG.jpg

r8Hdm3I.jpg

WJAlR9j.png

etPLc67.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom