Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Yes, you've completed the quest through other means it seems. Load some save from Ginger in a Pickle and repeat the following quest with father Godwin. But
this time meet with him in the pub as he instructs you to. And drink

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
-Theresa got raped and there was nothing Generic-Giant-Spider could do about it.
You could have hit one of them so they'd chase after you instead of her, you coward! :argh:

-Davish's wife comes to me in the night. I assume she wants to fuck.
She
does, but first you'll need to bring presents for her a relative's wedding.

-The game told me I lost my sword but what they didn't bank on was me keeping the drunk's axe from way before. Get fucked, Warhorse, I play 5D Chess.
You could have looted the Talmberg armoury, and they would have let you keep everything --- not only do the bandits not plunder you, but the Talmbergers who save you won't notice you're wearing their gear. :M

-Theresa has no problems that I left her high and dry on the earlier gangrape to go ride a horse into the side of the house like a useless flailing fish and instead laments the passing of her brothers. She's trying to boss me around by telling me to get rest or eat or pay off the debt to her uncle. She has no idea how lucky she is that my axe skill is so low or I'd finish the job the Cumans started.
But then you would miss out on optional cutscenes content. Plus the game doesn't let you kill certain people.

Overall, it's a pretty cool game so far. This could all fall apart at some point, but right now it's very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to see what awaits both in gameplay and in the storyline.
:incline:

Cadmus

Arcane
Yes, you've completed the quest through other means it seems. Load some save from Ginger in a Pickle and repeat the following quest with father Godwin. But
this time meet with him in the pub as he instructs you to. And drink
Ah OK. Not going to do that as I'm much further into the game by now. Wonder how much stuff have I missed by doing this?
Smejki any patch for the missing Talmberg textures after the DLC? I'm afraid to continue playing now not to fuck up my game.
Also, any plans to update the goddamn inventory management regarding clothes set presets and item stats being displayed and comparable like in every other game ever?

Smejki

Developer
Well, you can reload the save, try the other playthrough of Godwin's quest and then return back to where you are now.

I've heard there are some missing things in Talmberg but so far every time that happened the game turned out to be a modded one. Try to disable all mods for the first loading you perform after installing the DLC (you must use a save created without the DLC). After that create a new save, quit the game, install the mods back, and you should be fine. If it doesn't work, please provide me with more info - a screenshot of the bug, an affected save etc.

I don't think the author of inventory design
lK2FefH.jpg

plans to do any changes for KCD1

Cadmus

Arcane
Ok so the author of the autistic shitfest that is the inventory is Vávra himself...
Tell him to play less gay shit like Skyrim and Oblivion...ffs

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Well, you can reload the save, try the other playthrough of Godwin's quest and then return back to where you are now.

I've heard there are some missing things in Talmberg but so far every time that happened the game turned out to be a modded one. Try to disable all mods for the first loading you perform after installing the DLC (you must use a save created without the DLC). After that create a new save, quit the game, install the mods back, and you should be fine. If it doesn't work, please provide me with more info - a screenshot of the bug, an affected save etc.

I don't think the author of inventory design
lK2FefH.jpg

plans to do any changes for KCD1
OK but I saw also some posts on LEDDIT about Sir Rhobard (isn't that a name of a Gothic character, too?) being stuck in the ground like Rumburak and general complaints about bugs. So you say it's because of modding? Should I start the game without any worry?

Smejki

Developer
Nope, Rhobard and/or Divish stuck in ground is a bug on our part. Should be fixed with next patch.

Rev

Arcane
Smejki will there be a season pass with all the DLCs included some time in the future? I'm waiting for all the DLCs because I prefer to play them all together, but I'd buy the season pass to support you guys, since base game was great and I definetely want more of your historical rpg goodness.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I've sunk about eleven-twelve hours into it since yesterday and I have to say there is something about this game that makes it difficult to take extended breaks from. The part that made me realize this was how I went about striding on my horse and admiring the countryside as the sun began to set. I've not used any of the fast traveling points because I find the journey from destination to destination alarmingly immersive. It's simply relaxing and fun when it comes to taking it all in.

But then you get those moments where some brigands waylay you on a dirt path and you're in this struggle of life and death (I'm not using any of those pussy mods that let you save whenever or ease up stuff like lockpicking) in the middle of the woods. I'm still getting adjusted to the melee so the difficulty is still there for me but oh man does it feel good to feint one of those fucks and slash him down a hill into a river.

It's really good.

Fuck Hans. I wanted to call the Bully Hunters on him.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-comes-from-the-ashes-dlc-doesnt-add-much-to-the-game/

Kingdom Come’s From the Ashes DLC doesn't add much to the game
Make your mark on Bohemia in this new expansion

At a certain point in Kingdom Come’s story, Henry helps clear out the bandit-occupied village of Pribyslavitz. The hamlet is left abandoned and in ruins after the tough and gruelling battle, but if you buy Warhorse's new From the Ashes DLC you’ll be given the opportunity to restore it to its former glory.

You start the quest by speaking to Sir Divish in Talmberg after you've dealt with Runt and his bandits. Story-wise it’s designed to slot into the middle of a playthrough, but you can start it in the epilogue too—and considering the amount of money you need to rebuild Pribyslavitz, that might be wise.

Divish names Henry the village bailiff, but says he can’t spare any coin because of the chaos gripping his province. So, naturally, he asks the lowly son of a blacksmith to pay for everything, which is a slightly clumsy way of making Henry the focus of the expansion, and giving you control over the settlement.

Your first task is finding Divish’s hapless surveyor, Marius Bilek, who has been kidnapped by the last few stubborn bandits still loitering in the devastated village. In true Kingdom Come: Deliverance style, there are several ways to rescue him, including simply paying the kidnappers the ransom.

I decided to just pay the ransom and I love how I was given the option to lie to Sir Divish, telling him I actually scared them away. He questioned how one lad was able to intimidate a whole group of bandits, clearly aware that I was bullshitting him, but letting it slide. It was a cool little moment.

When Marius is free, you join him on a survey of the area. He takes note of the local resources—a freshwater stream, plenty of trees for lumber—and picks out parcels of land for the buildings you’ll eventually be coughing up a small fortune to construct. Later, after a trip to Rattay to invite settlers to the new village, you return to find the rubble cleared and the land ready for building.

You choose what to build by talking to Marius. I started with a woodcutter’s camp, which generates lumber to build more complex structures such as taverns and trading posts. Construction happens instantly, and it’s quite satisfying watching that ravaged expanse of land slowly fill up with buildings and people.

A dilapidated old church serves as the village’s centrepiece, and this has to be repaired as well before Divish will consider your work in Pribyslavitz done. You might remember this as the place where you fought that black-armoured swine Runt at the climax of the Nest of Vipers questline.

Buildings and workers cost money, which Henry must put in a coffer at regular intervals. Income-generating structures such as a baker or swordsmith will make it back eventually, but the initial investment is pretty hefty. Constructing the entire village cost me something in the region of 80,000 Groschen.

That’s prohibitively expensive for a good chunk of Kingdom Come, so make sure you have a sufficiently fat wallet before you even think about restoring Pribyslavitz. The problem is, it doesn’t feel like a particularly good investment overall. A completed village will generate a steady income, which is nice, but for me, this isn’t somewhere I find myself visiting regularly.

Inexplicably, Henry doesn’t get his own house in the village despite investing his life’s savings in it. You can build an armorsmith or swordsmith, but not both. There’s no option to construct a bathhouse. And it’s tucked away in a remote corner of the map that isn't easy to get to unless you fast travel a lot.

Having all these amenities in one place would’ve made Pribyslavitz a place worth visiting frequently and using as a base of operations. But after completing all the major tasks there, I felt no real urge to return. From the Ashes ultimately doesn’t add much of worth to Kingdom Come, but if you’ve bled the game dry and want more, it’s a passable reason to return to Bohemia.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Not a bad review. I think From the Ashes will be more worthwhile as a sidequest in a new playthrough than something worth playing separately.

Smejki

Developer

Quillon

Arcane
Played it from a save at the camp just before leaving the map with Hans at the very end of the game. My gripes with it is that it doesn't play to game's strengths; which is actual passage of time/simulation; you build stuff and the game goes blackscreen with "a few days later" note and it's built. Tho I guess it would have been too much development resource consuming if they made building phase with workers work on construction etc into the game. The other thing is it would have been better if we ourselves "had to" recruit key people to the village instead of it being optional(recruitable NPCs across the map) and too few people to recruit, f.i. there are still many named Skalitz villagers staying in Rattay. There could have been many more "needs" of the village to be taken care of etc but yeah ultimately its a scope issue. Guess its better to treat it as a sidequest during the game instead of playing it as an endgame content which is never good for this type of content; f.e. in Mafia 3's last DLC we're renewing the bar and once its done there are no more content, makes you feel that it was pointless. Ideally if there is gonna be "base building" it should be integral part of the game IMO but not like FO4; where its used for the lack of handcrafted content in the map.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-comes-from-the-ashes-dlc-doesnt-add-much-to-the-game/

Kingdom Come’s From the Ashes DLC doesn't add much to the game
Make your mark on Bohemia in this new expansion

Inexplicably, Henry doesn’t get his own house in the village despite investing his life’s savings in it.

You're the bailiff. You have the whole rathaus for yourself ffs. How did they miss that part?
game journo

What makes me sad is that this dlc is just a .... dlc.

I had hoped it to be a true expansion, but my hope were inevitably crushed by what I'm reading around.

deama

Prophet
Smejki, Do you know if the sequel will reset Henry's stats? Like getting hit in the head, thereby giving him amnesia and he looses all his knowledge of sword fighting etc...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Our latest documentary explores the early days of development on Kingdom Come: Deliverance as Warhorse Studios struggled to find funding for their ambitious historically based medieval RPG.

Release in July 24th.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Prokop and Tobi are introducing the first Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC - From The Ashes. You’ve proven yourself well, you‘ve demonstrated that you are capable of solving problems. We hereby appoint you to the office of bailiff of the hamlet of Pribyslawitz! The first DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance introduces an entirely new type of adventure! You have an opportunity to participate in building a new village from the ground up and experience first-hand what it was like to create a new settlement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom