Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 5 is coming?!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I cannot find any info in English, but it seems that Björn Pankratz during the stream has said that PB has recently started the pre-production of Gothic 5.

TVwLq.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They most definitely have ideas of it floating around. I expect it to come out after Elex 2, and Elex 2 will probably come out in 2019 or 2020, depending on how they play it out and if they make it a Gothic 2 type situation where they can reuse a lot of assets.

SmoothPimp

Educated
It won't be essentially better than Risen or ELEX, if PB could, they would do much better Risen. Nowhere it could match the impact and glory of Gothic 1-2.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Didn't they lose the rights?

OT- never played gothic 1/2 because it didn't run on my pc(s). Didn't like gothic 3 or risen 1 all that much but I might try this given how dry it is for rpg's.

I actually owned gothic 4 but I never got around to playing it and sold it instead :s

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Why bother making another Gothic? Without the original's unique prison setting, there's not much about the Gothic universe that is unique or interesting. It's pretty generic. At least with Elex they were trying to do something they've never done before.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't they lose the rights?

OT- never played gothic 1/2 because it didn't run on my pc(s). Didn't like gothic 3 or risen 1 all that much but I might try this given how dry it is for rpg's.

I actually owned gothic 4 but I never got around to playing it and sold it instead :s
There is no Gothic 4.
MeagerMediocreIndochinahogdeer-max-1mb.gif

Steezus

Savant
Patron
www.gothic5.com redirects to the Piranha Bytes site. Doesn't mean it's in pre-production, but yeah.

Someone timestamp the 3 hour video for the relevant bits.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Devs often just register domains for the future, doesn't mean anything inherently.

sullynathan

Arcane
If they actually announce it then I will play Arcania. Gothic 3 is a chore but the early game portion was ambitious with a large sense of scale and I did put about 60 hours before quitting

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Hobo Elf, they never lost it. They have always been owners of the Gothic. JoWood only held the rights to publish Gothic games a couple of years after they finished cooperating with each other, but JoWood had never held the rights to the franchise.

Deleted member 7219

Gothic 3 was terrific. Patches made it even better.

Gothic 4 doesn’t exist. You may be thinking of Arcania, which briefly held the title until PB got the rights back.

If they were to make another Gothic game it would be Gothic 4 but they would likely drop the numbers to avoid confusion with Arcania.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron

Hobo Elf

Arcane

We're reaching some new level of retard where we willfully ignore PB employees clearly stating that they sold their rights away and that they will get it back in favor of some headcanon.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
JoWood had rights, but the rights to publish a Gothic game, with the will of Piranha Bytes. The rights to the mark, however, had always remained with Pluto 13 GmbH. The link even comments on the interview snip you swing around and the legal info of their ownership is imprinted on all Arcania release retail boxes. But have it your way if it hurts you, heh.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
never played gothic 1/2
How do you live with that? You've bought / eyepatched broken version.

I had the gothic universe collection thingy, I owned gothic 3 separate before then, G1 and G2 didn't work on any of the 3 pc's I tried them on from that pack so I sold it.

What do you mean how do I live with that? I've played all the best rpg's, Maybe gothic 1 and 2 are good but I guarantee they aren't better then fallout 1/2 or arcanum.

typical user

Arbiter
"A surprise to be sure but a welcome one".

But seriously what can be done in Gothic 5? Either it is a prequel or has a different character than the original Nameless One or it has to be a remake of Gothic 3 Dusk of Gods. I didn't play G3 but if PB started all over than I guess many fans would be happy of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom