Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - adventure-RPG from the creators of Quest for Glory

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Why ? I'm puzzled

The interest level has waned after so much time. Plus, it's gone through so many changes I don't really have much confidence in the project. If they'd stuck with the game they kickstarted it may not have been as good but at least they would have delivered what they promised on an approximately accurate timescale and give some sense they weren't being reactive and indecisive.

Any time I play it now the experience is going to be soured by the development turmoil that surrounded it. Unless sells millions and the Coles get they're money back. Everybody loves a happy ending but I can't see this one making a profit.

almondblight

Arcane
I respect passion. However, this project was been going on since I was in Grad school. The fact that it has taken this long is due to mismanagement. Plain and simple. What good does that passion do when your financial situation is so bad?

Most KS games are late and mismanaged. However, a lot (I'd guess most) don't end up releasing a completed game. Even those that do usually don't end up releasing a completed game that's good - if this game ends up being good, it'll definitely be among the better Kickstarter projects.

sstacks

Arcane
I'm failing to see how hanging in there and delivering a product despite big setbacks is a bad thing when it comes to keeping your word.

That's an admirable quality.

As for the quality of the game, the proof will be in the pudding and the eating thereof. But given their history, why would we expect it to be bad by default?

Hellion

Arcane
I enter my backerkit page for the game but only the game's manual is downloadable from among the available "rewards". Same goes for my Humble Bundle page where I can only download the game's demos.

If someone manages to access the game today, do post an update here please in case I'm still left outside by then. Perhaps I need to contact the Coles for access because I backed through paypal after the original KS campaign had ended or something.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the manual:

JcsbV83.jpg
3iH9np1.jpg

Mustawd

I'm failing to see how hanging in there and delivering a product despite big setbacks is a bad thing when it comes to keeping your word.

That's an admirable quality.

I was strictly speaking from someone who doesn’t want to see the couple squander their retirement over a video game.

Look they had their chance and they blew it with bad decisions. They should have admitted as much and called it a day.

Again, I don’t mean this as a gamer. I mean this as someone watching a slow motion trainwreck and yelling “just bail out!”

EDIT: I’ll shut up now and let ppl discuss the actual game.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I'm really confused as to why the release isn't getting any news coverage at all. This is a big deal. :/

Boleskine

Arcane
Press coverage will probably roll out once the game's released. Otherwise many of the links from those articles to the Steam store page will be lost opportunities since there's no purchase option right now.

Morkar Left

Wow, this year is really a great year for games. At the moment I don't even know where to start playing all the games I want...

:shredder:

Didn't know that it finally releases today (when do we get keys?). Game looks promising (besides the walking animation from Shawn). I was sceptical abut the whole university thing but from an LP it looks interesting.

Big Salute to the Coles for releasing the game! :hero:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am kind of afraid to buy this game,don't want to waste money while wanting to support the guys. Such a dilemma,the game could be shit after all.
:dealwithit:

sstacks

Arcane
I am kind of afraid to buy this game,don't want to waste money while wanting to support the guys. Such a dilemma,the game could be shit after all.

My backlog of games is ridiculous. If you'll actually play it (not just dinker with it for 10 minutes and move on) and give some comprehensive thoughts here you can have my key with when I get it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

My backlog of games is ridiculous. If you'll actually play it (not just dinker with it for 10 minutes and move on) and give some comprehensive thoughts here you can have my key with when I get it.
Nah mate,give it to someone who can't pirate. I will try it out and buy it if it is good. Also i was wondering if it is worth supporting them. Getting your key is not much of support for them ;).

PS:Thanks for the offer mate.

V_K

Arcane

Well, since fandomat backed out, are you accepting other applications by any chance? :shittydog:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Press coverage will probably roll out once the game's released. Otherwise many of the links from those articles to the Steam store page will be lost opportunities since there's no purchase option right now.
I have never seen even a minor adventure game release where there was no coverage on Adventure Gamers, for instance, and yet there was none there today when I checked. The Steam page should allow preorders, too. It's all very weird. I'd hate for them to have run an ironman triathlon of development and stumble at the finish line.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there anybody here who asked for a GOG key in his backer survey? If so, did you get a key?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom