Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALSO BOUGJT THE STEAM LINK THING

I WANT TO SEE HOW GOOD IT WORKS I WANT EASY BIG SCREEN ACCESSS TO MY GAMING LAPTOP WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE OT ALL OVER THE FUCKING HOUSE

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Dungeon warfare 2 is about to come out on the 29th, finally. Seems to be getting little attention so far, so I figured I'd mention it.

The first one was a really nice trap-based defense game with lots of physics influence. I think it was on some of the big flash sites first and came to public attention that way.
Not sure about the new one, might just be on steam (?)... So I'm worried it'll flop or something because it's been ages since the last game and there's all but a few forum topics in the steam forum for the new one.
It's out now with 10% off. I'll probably be playing this tonight. Tearing people in half with harpoons is one of my greatest joys.

Playing right now and it's really fun so far, massively improved over the first game imo.
Lots of upgrading to do, randomized maps (that keep randomizing and increasing in difficulty every time you beat them) as well as normal ones, lots of different skill upgrades, trap upgrades etc.
Not sure how the physics will hold up late-game because of all the values you can increase and how they interact, but so far it's been great.
Way more different strategies and trap combos viable so far compared to the first game, really cool maps as well.
Some of the random maps come out quite goofy, but still doable (hard sometimes though!).

Gets my preliminary recommendation!
We'll see how it holds up long-term.

Jazz_

Arcane
I stumbled upon a game that was some sort of trippy colourful shit and had a lot of good reviews, people were describing it more like an ''experience'' rather than a game, you know the usual artsy thing with little to no gameplay but it still looked quite interesting but I forgot to wishlist it and now I can't find it anymore. Anyone has an idea what it could be? I'm pretty sure it started with A, and it looked really trippy/beautiful but I don't remember much else.

in b4 Arkania HD.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Has anybody tried this one? It looks pretty interesting, advertises itself as a blend of Syndicate and X-Com:

Latelistener

Arcane
Has anybody tried this one?
I thought it was a nice looking game and was surprised why it isn't more popular, but then I learned that:

All Walls Must Fall is a sci-fi tactical roguelike about cyberpunk espionage and combat, set in a series of German gay nightclubs.

Not exactly sure why is the answer to stopping the Cold War lies in Berlin gay clubs, but whatever.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Has anybody tried this one?
I thought it was a nice looking game and was surprised why it isn't more popular, but then I learned that:

All Walls Must Fall is a sci-fi tactical roguelike about cyberpunk espionage and combat, set in a series of German gay nightclubs.

Not exactly sure why is the answer to stopping the Cold War lies in Berlin gay clubs, but whatever.

Oh... Oh God.

Oh God, I didn't see that.

I've been possessed by some sort of gay Pazuzu. I must go get exorcised.

PrettyDeadman

Uh ... how did you guys not get that instantly? "All Walls Must Fall"? :roll:
I bought the game because I thought this referse to prolapse,

but was dissapointed.
Nice visuals, gameplay is very flat and monotone.
Lots of promise, but only teasing.

Jazz_

Arcane
This game seems pretty Incline (it's sort of like a weird football manager where you can play the match yourself with your players in turn-based mode :lol:, I'm having fun with the demo):

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Orphan Age, orphan survival sim/management set in cyberpunk world
Incidentally, I tried the demo and got bored. Click on kid, click on trash pile, find crafting mats, build crafting station. Find more trash piles, find more crafting mats, build bigger crafting stations. Click on food if hungry, click on bed if sleepy. Get to world map, click on building, find more trash piles, get more crafting mats. Zzzzzzzzz They did fund so maybe they will make a game eventually but first impression did not make me eager to spend more time here.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Here's a challenge:

Name games that have fun crafting in them. Bonus points if it was made in the past decade.

deuxhero

Arcane
Jazz_
I'm intrigued by the idea, but the graphics give me a very primal distaste for the game. Realistic heads on non-realistic bodies just plain old doesn't work and this is especially true when the faces are very varied but the bodies are exactly the same bar slight difference in height (maybe width). Just looking at the screenshots makes me feel uneasy due to the sheer uncanny valley. Only 5 games (Ultima 6, the Ultima 7s, Knights of the Chalice) and the PS1's method of rendering 3D (It's the system, ports with the same graphics don't bother me.) have done that and the only one where it's sheer uncanny valley instead of weird prospective

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some interesting looking things.

Yaga, a Slavic folktale action RPG where you are a cursed, one-handed blacksmith, boasting about high reactivity of the world and NPCs:

ss_a70007c2715199070ef41b8dcac97b51aa12fb1d.600x338.jpg

ss_7aff19ef72771ecc0b0bcdad0d8f2bcab00c12e5.600x338.jpg

Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith cursed with incredible bad luck.

Ivan is caught between a Tzar giving him impossible tasks, a mysterious witch who wants to manipulate him, and his grandma who wants him to find a wife.
Start your journey in an action RPG where the story and characters react to the way you roleplay your character.
  • Building a reputation through roleplaying results in different interactions with villagers and NPCs, unlocking secrets, trading options, or bestowing game-changing curses or blessings upon the player character.
  • Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
  • Fateful Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game
  • Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player's abilities and the gameplay
  • Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
  • Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpați.

Elsinore, "a time-looping adventure game set in the world of Shakespeare's Hamlet", focusing on social simulation and dynamic story:

ss_d7a743c969489b2c8534996060eb8ef2b3403130.600x338.jpg

ss_944f0333634e80f4364f307fcf148079c8f2d6db.600x338.jpg

On a summer night, Ophelia awakens from a terrible vision: in four days, everyone in Elsinore Castle will be dead. Even worse, she's been thrown into a time loop from which she cannot escape. Forced to relive the same four days over and over again, Ophelia determines to do everything in her power to change the future.

Elsinore is a time-looping adventure game set in the world of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Elsinore combines strong social simulation elements, a dynamic story that reacts immediately to player decisions, and a world full of diverse characters with secrets to uncover. Can Ophelia prevent the tragedy that lies before her?

Gameplay
Elsinore is a point-and-click adventure game where time loops every four days; at its core, it's Shakespeare meets Majora's Mask/Groundhog Day. We're experimenting with combining story-creation mechanics to produce something we feel is truly new.

Dynamic Story Engine: Elsinore uses a story simulation engine to determine which events occur based upon your interactions. Lie, forgive, assassinate, befriend, or destroy — the actions you can take at any stage are numerous, and the game immediately responds.

Intelligent Character Behavior: Each character manages their own lives, schedules, needs, desires, and plans over the course of each time loop. Even the smallest interaction has an impact on the world around you.

Learn from Previous Loops: Over the four days within each time loop, the player can explore dozens of different outcomes for even minor actions, each time learning new information.

Use Your Influence: Understanding each character's motivations isn't just part of the story -- it's necessary for Ophelia's survival. Characters are complex and have long histories with each other; all of them are keeping secrets.

Life-or-Death Decisions: In a Shakespearean world, most roads end in tragedy, and characters are quick to meet a grisly fate. Hard decisions and terrible trials force players to think on their feet.

PrettyDeadman

ss_3e0b39bec76c2d1d3e3d805ac875ff5112a185c1.1920x1080.jpg

had to do a doubletake at what I was looking at here

Fuck yeah!!!!! Immediate buy!
Conan + Multiheaded Dick monster hitting ass and legs. OH GOD ITZ HEAVEN!

Just noticed that Age of Barbarians GUI:
FCO9zTc.png

is basically a rearrangement of Blade of Darkness GUI:
cLZtSCi.jpg

HUGE incline!

Now than I think of it, it's not just GUI.
Main character, voices, combat system, animations, gore -> it's basically Blade of Darkness 2d.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
The game was recently fixed by the devs to run on modern systems.
Cool can finally get around to playing this, had it on GOG forever <--THQ patched that release up as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom