Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One glaring bug which remains unfixed and unmentioned - the bestiary doesn't display AR for varied types of damage, just the base AR. The tooltips when you hover over an enemy display all the data, even if you haven't discovered it in the bestiary. Insane.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh do I feel embarrassed right now because that battle after leaving The Hole okay was soooo frustrating after the new patch update but do you know what? Obsidian can see these issues and reward those who are able to talk their way out of combat omg! How awesome is that right? :hug: Okay but wtf Obsdian, I got zero, like 0 xperience points for doing that so I should have fought that pos crime syndacite group of no gooders to again it? :argh: But after the most recent patch all combat is way too difficult and over done. At least something for using my smarts would havfe be neenice.

Alright so this weekend I am going up to the camp ground and it is really nice it has a trailer we rented with four bunks and a pull-out couch that is where I am going to be sleeping thank-you very much but it is right off the Saugeen River and there is tubing for the kids like some 3-hour tour of the river and we are going to be taking along our floatation devices and we learned a lot of folks whoi do this bring a cooloer filler with drinkgs while they float down the river so this i our first experience with the camp. :o If all is a lot of fun for everyone we are looking again in August for a full week but this weekend is a test phase okay? I can keep you all u pdated. ;)

It offers family camping, overnight and seasonal sites, cabin, cottage, trailer rentals, riverside tenting, river tubbiung and swimming, fishing and dog park! We all watched a video on yt with the tubbing and got sold so we rented out a trailoer on site so it has places to sleep and a kitchen and even a place to shower and just taking time off from packing and it is a lot to pack because it has been very hot here but going up north they are calling for low double digit weather at night so campfires and that probably with marshmellows and honey crackers! :salute:

Was very thrilled to get past that battle outside of The Hole and I saved the last game well I don't remember its name but I took a cage down to get there and it is full of poison water and sewer like to look for some guy who was sent down there when arriving to that city area. SO that is where I left it until I get home to play more so okay. Okay! Things are looking up. Sorry I do not h ave pics this time. :(

Oh right and make sure to get yourself the Beast of Winter it is cool, cold, and collective adventure during a very hot summer and it will chill you to the bone and just a tu fo fantadomat for reminding everyone of this new adventure.

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just browsing to see what kind of games are coming up this month and saw that the expansion is to be released at the last day of it. I looked trough the plot of it and looks pretty boring with zero effort put in it,no surprise. Here it is:

415512750.jpg

Plot
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Beast of Winter is set on an island inhabited by mysterious cultists, who believe that the world is about to end. Your task is to learn their secrets.

Mechanics
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Beast of Winter adds a new area, as well as a range of main and side quests. Moreover, you can also visit an alternative dimension called the Beyond, the dwelling place of ancient souls. This place features various “hellish” quests, which cannot be found anywhere else in the game.

Source:
https://www.gamepressure.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-beast-of-winter/z652f9#pc

So it will have a nu island and a dungeon or two, sounds pretty dead tot me.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just browsing to see what kind of games are coming up this month and saw that the expansion is to be released at the last day of it. I looked trough the plot of it and looks pretty boring with zero effort put in it,no surprise. Here it is:

415512750.jpg

Plot
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Beast of Winter is set on an island inhabited by mysterious cultists, who believe that the world is about to end. Your task is to learn their secrets.

Mechanics
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Beast of Winter adds a new area, as well as a range of main and side quests. Moreover, you can also visit an alternative dimension called the Beyond, the dwelling place of ancient souls. This place features various “hellish” quests, which cannot be found anywhere else in the game.

Source:
https://www.gamepressure.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-beast-of-winter/z652f9#pc

I am pretty sure its the first time we see this picture. Where did you get it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

415512750.jpg

Plot

Mechanics

Source:

I am pretty sure its the first time we see this picture. Where did you get it?
Are you for real or what???? There is a fucking link in the post!

Here scroll down till the game,it is a thumbnail. It is the fourth game i believe.
https://www.gamepressure.com/games/pc/13vh-2

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
A cult that believes the world is about to end and can potentially be correct is fun. Not that it will go anywhere, but still.

2house2fly

Magister
I found the full image. I don't think it's official.

daryl-mandryk-05.jpg
As far as I can tell it's not official art. More specifically, it's not official art for either Dota 2 or Path Of Exile, google isn't sure which.

That gamepressure page says literally nothing that wasn't revealed about this DLC before release. I'd say it's clickbait but how many clicks could they possibly have been expecting to make that worthwhile?

Sizzle

Arcane

daryl-mandryk-05.jpg
As far as I can tell it's not official art. More specifically, it's not official art for either Dota 2 or Path Of Exile, google isn't sure which.

That gamepressure page says literally nothing that wasn't revealed about this DLC before release. I'd say it's clickbait but how many clicks could they possibly have been expecting to make that worthwhile?

It does say that the release date will be 31st July, which is new info.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just browsing to see what kind of games are coming up this month
piracy.png
piracy.png
piracy.png

I hope its main quest will be interesting enough and the amateurish writing is dialed down for this one, but I know the chances are slim...

I'm 50 hours in and still not even halfway through the main story. Haven't explored east of Poko Kohara and north of Sayuka, or Hasongo whichever was closer.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
What's the deal with Eric Fenstermaker? He's still writing at Obsidian, but as a contractor and not an employee?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I was reading the first poe mannual and there is a reference about "Beast of Winter" in Rymrgand description.

So, "cultists about the end of the world" probably are just Rymrgand priests.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Another glaring bug -- the crafting screen description of items doesn't show you the stats of the item you will be crafting. You have to right-click its image to bring up the item's description window. Why in the world? Who comes up with this shit?

2house2fly

Magister
I'm still not over the enchantment UI not showing which ones are mutually exclusive and not being able to sort the stash by item type. Both of these were in the first game! It's functionality that was removed!!

daryl-mandryk-05.jpg

It does say that the release date will be 31st July, which is new info.
IF it's info at all, which I doubt. Obsidian have said late July, and the 31st is a Tuesday which is a common release day in the US, so it's a reasonable guess

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't see what is the big butthrut over the "fake" art. The content seems pretty scares and the story retarded seeing how you can just ask the big statue to end the world. Also the secret evul cult is done to death. And your biggest critique is if the art is fake or not.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I find it odd that DLC can be couple of weeks out and there's no information about it.
They did just fire their marketing director, and other than beta content we got very little new information about the game before release until a few streams showed up a week or two before.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I have no idea why they haven't shown anything yet. Even if it's not ready, giving us information or a few screenshots wouldn't hurt.

Quillon

Arcane
I have no idea why they haven't shown anything yet. Even if it's not ready, giving us information or a few screenshots wouldn't hurt.

They don't show shit, then they show it all close to release to spoil everything before we play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom