Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #58: Environments Preview

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that development is going more or less according to plan. After finishing the Rig and the stuff in the old world, we've moved back to the Black Sea and are now polishing up some of the areas and wrapping up quests and the like. You can see some of the interesting areas in the video below as you relax to the excellent atmospheric music of Josh Culler.

We've also started working on the savage natives and their areas, so expect to see some of that in the next dev log.

That's all - just a short update to let you guys know that the development is going more or less according to plan and that you guys should stay tuned for more dev logs in the coming months.

Let us know how you liked the areas showcased in the video.

Cheers.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
1st location is absolutely bonkers.

Third location has a distinct Fallout Vault vibe.

Overall I think it looks phenomenal.

ciox

Liturgist
Everything looks great visually, is there anything new mechanically? Haven't really heard anything new about Temporal psi in a long time, other than it was being updated at some point.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Everything looks great visually, is there anything new mechanically? Haven't really heard anything new about Temporal psi in a long time, other than it was being updated at some point.
No, the new mechanics are all done. Of course, there will be tweaks and such following testing.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Extremely cool update. Which means the game is nearer to release now. Only 2 more years to go :-y

ciox

Liturgist
Those grasshoppers look pretty interesting to me, would be pretty neat if they don't just bite you but have some sonic cricketting attack or something that you can resist with a padded helmet, would be an incentive to use heavy helmets instead of just smart goggles. (sonic attack would ignore armor DR, while helmet DR would be multiplied by a large factor)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The environmental preview looks great.

Styg Do you plan to do any changes to the Deep Caverns or the main story quests?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
The environmental preview looks great.

Styg Do you plan to do any changes to the Deep Caverns or the main story quests?

Not before we release the expansion. We have some ideas how to tweak those, but we don't know when/if we'll get to it.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Deep caverns is fine right now :outrage:
Just to clarify, we have no intentions to do any major overhauls, we're just looking to add ways in which you can approach certain situations and maybe add some more minor content that we did not have the time for the first time around.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
You have done great work, Styg!

I really enjoy Underrail since early alpha. Can't wait the expansion!

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Shit. Do this and then put your genius to another fucking game Styg!

I want to see what else you and yours have up your sleeves. Be it the underrail universe or another entirely.
Not using that fine-ass engine for more cRPG goodness would be criminally insane :outrage:

But I could make a much better engine now, and it would be lots of fun (for me).

ciox

Liturgist
Let's be honest, the current engine has a lot of limitations, like with lighting/animation... also some persistent old bugs like enemy LoS being better than yours, pathing and other small annoying stuff, a fresh start with all the accumulated experience in the back pocket could be good if a little more risky.

epeli

Arcane
But I could make a much better engine now, and it would be lots of fun (for me).

What, you're saying you aren't happy with the idea of spending the rest of your gamedev career fixing every little thing that's bad in Ouroboros? :P Reorganizing everything to make it localizable, getting rid of the remaining parts of XNA content pipeline, ditching the dead XNA altogether in favor of something else or moving to FNA, et cetera...

Don't miss the opportunity to opensource Ouroboros+TimelapseVertigo for the
TypicalModder.png
folks when you eventually move on!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom