Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Turret+Fire+Gif.gif
What's with it?
(it is from the Backer Build Two dev blog)
Me becoming senile.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Fresh stuff from discord:

Backer Build Two might not be released tomorrow as there are some problems with the 2 additional maps they want to include.

Also new stuff, vehicles that act as props on the battlescape:

36f84a293182ea1b182827a940f02046-jpg.jpg

Bus_Front_Damage.JPG

10a.JPG

3_.JPG

0.JPG

ArchAngel

Arcane
In video UnstableVoltage said new release date is June 2019.

I hope in the full version ammo for different weapons will look different.

Will there be multiple types of ammo for same weapons like in UFO 1994?

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We are aware that you have not yet received your email with a download link to Backer Build Two. This was due to an error on our part, in supplying Xsolla with the incorrect build version. A new version was sent to them early this morning and they are currently preparing it for delivery. We will update when we have more information.

Snapshot Games apologises for this inconvenience.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That explains why I have seen zero people streaming it on Twitch. Backer build 1 had a few at all times.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Considering Technician and vehicle have made the game super easy now, aliens need that to win.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Considering Technician and vehicle have made the game super easy now, aliens need that to win.
Very true.

On the other hand one has to keep in mind that the soldiers in the Backer Builds are currently the late game (elite) troops.
Actually I am still puzzled that the Backer Builds focus on New Jericho, as in the final game you have to do (probably) a lot of work to have access to the Armadillo, the NJ elite heavy and technician.

luinthoron

Learned
Actually I am still puzzled that the Backer Builds focus on New Jericho, as in the final game you have to do (probably) a lot of work to have access to the Armadillo, the NJ elite heavy and technician.
Well, they did say that they chose NJ for the first demo simply because it was the faction they had made the most progress on. So the focus is on NJ simply because they are the ones already ready to be used, not because of any real preference for them.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Well, they did say that they chose NJ for the first demo simply because it was the faction they had made the most progress on. So the focus is on NJ simply because they are the ones already ready to be used, not because of any real preference for them.
Yes I know.
It is still based on the PCGamer Weekender which was on February 2018 and they started focusing development on that build in October 2017 (putting anything else, like Geoscape on hold). Now we have July 2018 (five months later), they want to release in June 2019. And we haven't seen anything beside the Assault class for the Phoenix Project (the player faction), Synedrion nor Disciples of Anu.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
We still don't know anything about classes.
Or how tech progression will work in campaign.

Or how recruitment of different classes works. (Or what kind of limitations class system does have.)
I hope it's not randomized like in nuXCOM.
I got snipers and assaults promotions way too often, but no one felt inner connection for smoke grenades or whatever their excuse was.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was already skeptical before, and now even more. They are still in pre-alpha with a lot of features to be finalized (or maybe implemented at all) so it's very unlikely that the game will be ready in just one year. Too little progress between builds to believe it could happen, imo the best case scenario is now Xmas '19 but probably later. Current backers build is only a little more than a prototype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom