Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If we apply the concept of Pareto Distribution to RPGs and consider 80% to be retarded/incompetent Elder Scrolls gamers, and the Codex to be among the 20% of competent high brow monocled gamers...how is it that the Codex didn't raise more money to throw at Sawyer and Inxile to make better games during the attempted Kickstarter renaissance?. Out of curiosity - how many Jews belong to the Codex?.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Assassin Creed games were always just next generation RPG games uncluttered by stats, attributes, and rules.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It really pisses me off when the most IMPORTANT aspects of RPGs are completely ignored by developers:

- Amazing graphics capable of pushing my high-end gaming rig to its limits

- Full support for SLI (duh)

- Emotional and literal immersion into the game through the use of little things like being able to see my feet!!

- Treating me as a gamer as a real person who cares about compassion and loyalty OUTSIDE and INSIDE the games I choose to play

GAWD

PorkBarrellGuy

It really pisses me off when the most IMPORTANT aspects of RPGs are completely ignored by developers:

- Amazing graphics capable of pushing my high-end gaming rig to its limits

- Full support for SLI (duh)

- Emotional and literal immersion into the game through the use of little things like being able to see my feet!!

- Treating me as a gamer as a real person who cares about compassion and loyalty OUTSIDE and INSIDE the games I choose to play

GAWD

too obvious, sorry. I know LGs tend to have issues with practicing deception though, so it's understandable.

Fargus

Arcane
Strong female characters

funny-strong-women-gender-equality.jpg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Tides of Numenera's intro made me puke.

And again after the first battle.

In fact, Tyranny is the real Planescape : Torment successor and even failed at the same thing, eventually, the battle system.

People inside this forum claim to be elitists and with great taste in rpg games

but...

they appreciate witcherino and pillars of eternity

And actually claim their writing is good

God, grant me strength

Last edited:
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Turnbased is literally just a slow and clunky version of RTwP. The 'turn' mechanic just slows things down and introduces arbitrary constraints on what can be done, when. People prefer turnbased because they are control freaks who get stressed easily, and they also seem to not know what autopause is, or complain about 'spam pauses' when turnbased means there's effectively pauses all the fucking time while you sit and watch a single unit move at a time, jesus christ I feel triggered just thinking about how SLOW it is.

Abhay

Augur
Witcher 1 & 2 are the best witcher games, while Witcher 3 is the most disappointing title of the series.

Underrail is a boring game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom