Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Shroud of the Avatar

Dumbfuck Weasel
ClockworkMonkey , I know you said you’re done, but do you have any response to these accusations? Hard to lnow where to stand without more details.

Sorry if I’m confused on this.

I posted the evidence, but it seems the mods have quietly removed the links. Unfortunately this plays into the game this person constantly plays, because he can then lie about what he's done, but any attempt to prove he's lying becomes "doxxing", which he viciously abuses the reporting of. Some of the earlier proof remains however, of him trying that on Reddit with the false name of "VladamirBegemot" and then trying to appeal to Steam to ban me, and claiming falsely it had actually stuck.

Then he further piggybacks the gaslighting (as far as I can tell, he's not the person behind the direct threats) to try and use it to further take vengeance on me for resisting his scams. You can see it in this very thread in fact, where he tries to claim I must be a terrible person because I get banned; in reality, he and "jammaplaya" keep trying until they find something that sticks, and then they use their own manipulation of the moderators to justify their attacks upon you. It's a pretty sick game.

And they outlined it openly on the Shroud Reddit here. Except of course, as always, jamma wrote what he was doing as if I were doing it. Just as he did with his guide to how he's trying to gaslight me. "Clockwork" knows all about this, and long ago as "MrAdventur3" started trying to turn it around onto me and claim I was stalking him too.

Read his two accounts on Reddit, /u/MrAdventur3 and /u/VladamirBegemot and decide for yourself. You will never, ever get a straight answer from him on this.

ClockworkMonkey

Literate
ClockworkMonkey , I know you said you’re done, but do you have any response to these accusations? Hard to lnow where to stand without more details.

Sorry if I’m confused on this.

It's all lies, as was said before. Look a couple posts above yours. He wins as long as he makes the community look like assholes, even though he was kicked out of the community long time ago. That's the motivation. He literally says he wins as long as we he makes the Shroud community look bad.

The one thing that really needs to be corrected (no reason to correct Rabid and Ranting, it's just B.S. anyway, and it will keep flowing until the mods get tired of him) is that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS CHARGING REAL MONEY FOR RENT.

And in most cases rooms are free. Probably 95% of the Inns are rent free at this point.

But, if it can make us look like shitheads, he'll say it.

ClockworkMonkey

Literate
I guess I'm wrong. There IS a dude on there trying to rent out places for money.

Probably not working out for him very well, but I guess it's happening.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was told to stop playing shit games for a few minutes and check out the review and this thread, because magical things were occurring.

The information was correct. :lol:

Working my way through the rest of the thread now....

Beastro

Arcane
There are different approaches to "playing" the Ultimate RPG known as Lord British's Shroud of the Avatar Forsaken Virtues:

• single player: complete the quest line, walk away from the game

• multiplayer: create a character, move in to a property, dress your avatar, go the the dance party at the pub

One approach has a clearly defined goal and end point.

The other approach is open ended and never ending.

Everdance!

You're in our party now!
:bounce:

I heard that parts of the SotA community are defensive about the game.... but dear fucking lord, this thread.

I just hope Pantheon's community will be less.... crazy.
With the Everquest nostalgia and everything it kinda has the same potential.

Too late.

Far far too late.

Drama about Pantheon has been going on since Brad announced it, like his main assist developers being forums members submitting shit for credit on the developing team last time I read it before FoH's forums melted down.

Looks like Fires of Heaven regained their old forum data and restored the old thread: https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen-1-thread-in-mmo.24/

Enjoy read all 2118 pages!

Finally got to page 5....
P7101fJ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Beastro

Arcane
Many guilds will offer Avatars a place to stay and store a chest free of charge. Ask around.

Play a female Avatar and guild invites will be more aggressive than most monsters in the game.

MMOs.

MMOs never change...

Imagine these guys roaming the internet, touching down here and there to fight their proxy war in lands unknown, trying to gain the upperhand employing weapons-of-mass-links leaving the host-battlefields confused, but amused.

Verily forsooth! Truly gods amongst men.

serveimage

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So what do you do after playing a shitfest like that, something good to cleanse the soul or nothing at all due to gaming fatigue

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So what do you do after playing a shitfest like that, something good to cleanse the soul or nothing at all due to gaming fatigue

As an Ultima fan, clearly the only thing to do is to wait for Underworld Ascendant.

man, you Ultima fans sure have a high pain threshold, but then, virtuous people usually are big into self-inflicted pain, so it fits the theme

ClockworkMonkey

Literate
Why would you not just crowdfund an aquaponics system? I can't see how it would be more economical to buy a 3d printer instead of the aquaponics system directly.

There's no point in building only one system. We must build systems that build systems.

I live in an area where the average monthly pay is $567, and a gallon of gas is $5. If I don't figure out a way to replicate the system in a low cost manner then it's just going to be one system sitting by itself and nothing will have changed.

The printer and the first aquaponics system are just one part of a many step plan.

The culmination is when we can build small scale recycling machines to create the filament for the raw materials from beach trash. This is potentially a funding method for the local recycling program, which is barely functional at this point (and only thanks to the volunteers from the turtle place).

In order to do that we're going to need a recycling building with at least a small room with climate control because the humidity here destroys electronics. I keep envisioning building a dome for the recycling center as my next project. Since I wind up using my money for all of these projects (including the printer, which I'm about $1,500 into), I'll have to save up for it. But the 30' dome I built with my Dad was under $5,000, so with clever planning it is possible.

The printer and the other machines go there. A next generation recycling program gets set up, micro style, and if all goes well the community becomes an exporter of printed recycled parts. That's the dream. A few more jobs for locals, jobs that are helping the environment. It's

The aquaponics system is starting to catch on and I've got bought more pumps to help the most interested person get a system going at her house. Once hers is running, and maybe one more, the idea passes or fails. It either catches on in the community or gets dropped and we go straight to the recycling machines. We'll see if others want to build their systems and if so I'll set up classes. It's a big investment for anyone here, but once the idea is going we'll figure out ways to reduce costs beyond just the printer savings.

But a printer isn't limited to aquaponics, it lends a lot of resilience to a community.

I printed a part for my neighbors drill. This is a huge deal for him, a new drill is no joke financially, and directly effects his livelihood. There is no replacement part or place to send it. He then built the tables for the aquaponics system (I paid for the parts). So now a local carpenter has already played a part in it and it won't be strange for him to do it again.

We have poor access to parts that bigger markets take for granted. As an example a family bought and renovated a local hotel on a shoe string budget. They were finding it impossible to get the flanged nipples needed to finish the showers shortly before opening. I don't think they would have failed without the parts, but who knows? If they hadn't been able to open due to no showers, and things continued in that manner, it would have been a major hit to the town. We don't have a lot of economy and every job counts.

It could also be a money stream for the recycling program, maybe creating a job or two for the community. Once that happens then I hope that that idea also spreads to some nearby towns. Plastic trash is a plague. It gets in the rivers and then washes up on the beaches. If that trash starts to have a value in a real tangible sense perhaps it won't make it into the rivers at such a crushing rate.

I'd invite anyone to come down on vacation and ask around. Find out what the community thinks of my projects so far, and what they know of my vision. You will find that they already know everything I've written above, and are excited for it to happen.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Humidity doesn't only destroy electronics. It also destroys paper, wood, textiles, hair, skin, foodstuffs, the will to go on living, and occasionally even the ability to go on living. It breeds mosquitoes, mold, fungus, mildew, and possibly also reptiles, amphibians, and rodents.

Rune_74

Novice

Yeah. That's what I was getting at with my review-followup comment. Things have changed from one day to to the other from the moment Portalarium announced the layoffs and that the game was doing bad. There was the initial "move along, nothing to see here" movements here from the fanboys, but Starr Long actually writing the firings were because they had to "adjust to current revenue" pretty much killed the possibility of pretending this was normal.

And all of a sudden, even on the SOTA forums, you start seeing all kind of posts admitting the game has a lot of problems and suck. What happened ? A change of moderation and now these posts are getting through ? Actual sudden realization of a lot of other players ? I have no idea, but it's anyway way too late to do a 180.

I was also expecting a lot of flack on the official forum thread but it turns out that despite a few minor disagreements from some user, they happened to like it. I will admit this is unexpected.

Shit's so bad they can't deny it any more. Run the fuck away.

Anyways, I'm happy that BritishAccent did all these posts. Because if he's right, it proves I was right in saying that SOTA had an incredibly shitty community. And if he's lying, it proves I was right in saying that SOTA had an incredibly shitty community.

Read back in the forums. There's never a time when there isn't active criticism of the game. That's how the Heat system got put in last year, due to massive push back against the combat system. It's how the new player areas got put it, the forums saying it then the Trial accounts saying it. It's how a lot of systems went it, constructive criticism.

If you're getting banned from the forums you're probably not being civil, despite the claims to the contrary I have never seen anyone banned for having expressed criticism. It's usually for freaking out and name calling.

Bullshit, you got banned if you stated you didn't like something or got in the way of the gravy money train. You upset the wackjob big backers and they would use moderation to ban you.

Lord Darkmoon was banned due to a bad review he gave of the game for a german magazine....don't like the story...banned. Got to be part of the crap sect to stay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom