Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Modron

Arcane
Question about a Las Vegas quest:

Anyone managed to successfully convinced those Black Caravan assholes to take you to their base? I know you can hide in the cart and get there. But I'd rather not get shot when I try to talk to the guard.

I may be recalling incorrectly but that leads to the drug lab area right? If so, you can stealth the lab by heading towards the south side and entering there and talking to a slave who will tell you about a back entrance to the main office.
you tell the cops about the lab they come and kill every soul inside, best to kill off the guards yourself anyways I don't recall if you can free the slaves this way or not been a while since I played it

Modron

Arcane
Another patch, looks like they have been fixing a lot of errors in the original mod as well as translating lately: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-63#post-4286795
I wont edit the intro for now, but I edited biography of the premade characters. Also I don't know how to fix the intro button in the main menu, maybe @Foxx can help.
Also the Rot character being called Mold when using an item on him is a very strange error, I will deal with it when I have time on my hands... but respect for finding that, why would you use anything on him anyway @Muttie?:razz:
I fixed most things @Foxx posted except this
NCOlvInd.msg (not enough line {123})
the line number is straight up missing but the dialog goes as normal it just skips a number, what should I do? Leave it or renumber everything?
I will begin the upload, and leave all those for later patch.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TTuUQgf8MlGNCvRjBD2KJznLzAbLtgZm/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TTuUQgf8MlGNCvRjBD2KJznLzAbLtgZm/view?usp=sharing

.Pixote.

Augur
The only translated mod of nearly the same scale and quality is Resurrection. It's a shame nobody is translating Olympus 2207 to my knowledge; they are also working on a sequel to it at the moment.

If you cannot read Russian there is still some hope as the Mutants Rising guys said it was actually about 85% complete in a post on NMA towards the beginning of this year but I haven't looked into their progress since and wouldn't be surprised if isn't much more because the lead developer is probably in crunch mode getting Phantom Doctrine done. You could try questioning .Pixote. as he's doing art for it if I recall correctly.

We will eventually open a thread here at the Codex when the game is near completion. Currently I'm working on the final location for the game, and our lead designer/scripter is feverishly working on the game again (we refuse to call it a mod), now he has some spare time. Anyway all's well at Mutants Rising.

Fargus

Arcane
Olympus is getting a sequel? Shit... it's like i'm living under a rock. And i still have Nevada and Resurrection to complete, as well as Atom game when it's out. Things are looking up:incline:

Black Angel

Arcane
We will eventually open a thread here at the Codex when the game is near completion. Currently I'm working on the final location for the game, and our lead designer/scripter is feverishly working on the game again (we refuse to call it a mod), now he has some spare time. Anyway all's well at Mutants Rising.
You magnificent basteurd! GIMME MAH FALLOUT FIX!!!1!!111!!!!
Olympus is getting a sequel? Shit... it's like i'm living under a rock. And i still have Nevada and Resurrection to complete, as well as Atom game when it's out. Things are looking up:incline:
Well, Olympus 2207 is under the process of being translated to English, but unfortunately the place where they're discussing about it is hidden in Russian's forum (subforum?) of Iron Tower Studio, so we won't know for sure how far they been going unless they updated the Codex thread.

Fargus

Arcane
Well, Olympus 2207 is under the process of being translated to English, but unfortunately the place where they're discussing about it is hidden in Russian's forum (subforum?) of Iron Tower Studio, so we won't know for sure how far they been going unless they updated the Codex thread.

In 2016 i was PM'd here on codex by some guy asking if i want to help with collaborative translation. But honestly with my level of english i said it would be a bad idea. Otherwise i would have helped.

It needs to be translated so more people can play. Olympus was fun and completely lacked any political correctness, not to mention how much visual work was done for it. Almost looked like a new game on the same engine, rather than just a mod for Fallout. Of course some of the things in it could have been done better and i never finished it because of all the ctd's and bugs, but i hope some of the problems are fixed by now.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We should chip in and buy these guy pizza or something. On top of it, commemorating that the fact is fallout was made by the guys who came when tim cain invited black isle staff for pizza after work.

.Pixote.

Augur
Mutants Rising is still alive? Well I'll be damned.
Alive and kicking...

W2tFDFU.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Phew i am nearing the end.

Is it possible to beat thr soul reaper guy without min maxing or cheating?

Dude deals 20 to 30 damage per attack, attacks 4 times a turn, eliminating me in 1 or 2 turns.

I know you can sneak out with your train guy, but i am curious.

I have power armor, and plasma rifle upgraded too.

I killed most of his minion, but the reaper hinself is impossible.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Finally finished this. That was great. Vegas was the highlight of the game for me. Otherwise, toward the end, the translation is kinda confusing, but the story itself is pretty clear.

One thing is i dont understand the events in the prologue with the first expedition.

So he/she is supposed to be your character's prototype clone or your original self or whatever.

For what reason did wilmuth transfer the old memories into the newer clone?

Also what is the reaper motivation really? In the conversation in the vault 8, we know he used to work from the government, but as the president vault is destroyed when the severed head went insane, he just went off himself and conduct experiment on himself.

And what is the device for? The control key for vault 8 ?

Either i didnt pay enough attention, but i feel some exposition lines towards the end arent translated well. The wording feels weird and it just slipped my grasp sometimes.

overall compared with resurrection, it had better translation.

Most of the individual quests, location, etc nevada did better, as well as the balance and neat new interactive feature like the radio, metal detector etc.

As a whole, i feel resu is more coherent, and the translation is alot more polished. In nevada, i think few lines of response dialogue just shows "error".

Regardless i am happy that these games exist. Now we have at least 4 (5 including new vegas and its mods) amazing fallout game in existence)

on other note, why did they pick vault 8 as their main setting? And areas that appear in fallout 2 too. I understand vegas because iirc the development began vefore new vegas even announced.

The way the plot goes is contradicting the original lore of vault 8 and its surrounding area.

In this regard, resu is alot more lore friendly because it take place in other region than any other fallout games, and you can consider everything canon and it wouldnt be much problem.

I guess it is am excuse so they can reuse sssets from base game. Nothing too big, i am just nitpicking at this point

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah the plot didn't make a lot of sense to me either but I suspect it's just way too convoluted for its own good. Unlike you, I really liked that they allowed us to visit Fallout 2 locations during a different era, it felt fresh and new but at the same time a bit familiar. Plus, both New Reno and Vault City have very interesting origin stories. To be honest I would have liked to see much more of Vault City.
I agree that the translation feels a bit rough for the end locations, starting in SLC/LV. But I didn't like those towns that much myself, they felt too small whereas the buildup for them hyped them as huge cities. Overall New Reno is probably the size of SLC+LV combined.

Also yes, you can beat the Reaper guy. I didn't mini-max that much and I probably one-shot him with a Gauss Rifle.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Need some help here

In Vegas, how can I get to Wallis/Wallace? The guard isn't letting me in. I have the "Hints" Perk and it says I need level 16 for that dialogue option (I DEMAND!) and I'm 16 but he's still throwing me out. Are there any other requirements? Is it a bug?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Need some help here

In Vegas, how can I get to Wallis/Wallace? The guard isn't letting me in. I have the "Hints" Perk and it says I need level 16 for that dialogue option (I DEMAND!) and I'm 16 but he's still throwing me out. Are there any other requirements? Is it a bug?
probably a bug. Clicking the level 16 option works for me. Or maybe you need to be level 17

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It worked in the end. Not sure what did it. I assume that it's because I became a made-man in Reno in the meantime, but who knows could be something else I did.

Bocian

Arcane
Are there any followers/companions available?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom