Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
I don't even have the strength to care about these patch notes anymore

I lost all interest for this game

Bocian

Arcane
General quest design -
Zagadka-Krzyczacej-mumii-rozwiazana.-Wiadomo-kim-byla-za-zycia_article.jpg

How it feels when people still play this after almost 2 months.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I put around twenty some odd hours into this game, in the one city. I was stuck until a recent patch at any time I travel it randomly crash. I tried to get back into this weekend, and just really can't find my footing.

It's so dialogue-heavy(and often just poor writing), it's just everyone has 5 mins worth of talking and it's just endless shit. I spent forever in the first city just listening to people.

Anyways I have started to play Might and Magic 2 and Wizardry 1. Less new age bullshits the better for me this week.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I put around twenty some odd hours into this game, in the one city. I was stuck until a recent patch at any time I travel it randomly crash. I tried to get back into this weekend, and just really can't find my footing.

It's so dialogue-heavy(and often just poor writing), it's just everyone has 5 mins worth of talking and it's just endless shit. I spent forever in the first city just listening to people.

Anyways I have started to play Might and Magic 2 and Wizardry 1. Less new age bullshits the better for me this week.
When one plays Vampire Bloodlines and sees the amount of effort and quality that went there into every voiced conversation, shit like PoE 2 is even worse when you need to listen through its VO

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't blame the actors for the VO, I blame the script not giving them anything to work with. Fantastic VO with a fantastic script is the best alternative, but that's rare, so it's better for them to be silent.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The mod manager and "Various CPU performance improvements" are the only important things I can see.
The Player Stash now has a search feature.

Or you had fun without a fast way to find item by it's name instead of scrolling entire category?
I never hoard too many items in my stash. I'm not some kind of ~autist~
Great, nowadays gathering loot from mobs and treasure chests counting as autism. Adjusting stats in way that you can kill someone - power gaming, gathering loot - autism, what next? Enemies should drop nothing just because having loot in player's inventory count as mental disorder? You don't need to call people who like collect items as disabled, just because you didn't had any loot in your stash. People seriously should stop labeling someone for playing in different way than fits their agenda.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't see much of a point to any of these balance changes as long as health/injury system continues to do nothing at all.

Sizzle

Arcane
I don't blame the actors for the VO, I blame the script not giving them anything to work with. Fantastic VO with a fantastic script is the best alternative, but that's rare, so it's better for them to be silent.

An important thing to also note here is that almost all of the dialogue wasn't originally meant to be voiced, and, as MCA himself pointed out on numerous occasions - dialogue that's meant to be read is crafted differently than dialogue that's meant to be voiced.

Most of PoE2's dialogues would be mediocre to bad even unvoiced, but it's something that must be taken into account.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Great, nowadays gathering loot from mobs and treasure chests counting as autism. Adjusting stats in way that you can kill someone - power gaming, gathering loot - autism, what next? Enemies should drop nothing just because having loot in player's inventory count as mental disorder? You don't need to call people who like collect items as disabled, just because you didn't had any loot in your stash. People seriously should stop labeling someone for playing in different way than fits their agenda.
You're not in the context bro, I'm the one criticizing others for misusing the term "autist". That was irony.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
You're not in the context bro, I'm the one criticizing others for misusing the term "autist". That was irony.

Don't be such a postenago.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

An important thing to also note here is that almost all of the dialogue wasn't originally meant to be voiced, and, as MCA himself pointed out on numerous occasions - dialogue that's meant to be read is crafted differently than dialogue that's meant to be voiced.

That's BS. Dialogue should be written so that you can picture it in real life. Great literary writers, not Chris Avellone, have said this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, I can just picture Boris Vian or William S. Burroughs' dialogues in real life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom