Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

imweasel

^
It fits the narrative more or less.

The cleric main base (The Hort) is heavily fortified.

T. Reich

Arcane
Moar liek Doomed City, right? :D

If you play your cards right, once you've finished the main string of quests in there, something else will be filled with the outlaws.:smug:

Elex

Arbiter
Went to the Domed City expecting it to be a heavily fortified, strong city with heavy security, but to my surprise the only guards are 2 weaklings standing in front of a hole in the wall with a fucking camp filled with Outlaws just outside. :lol:
the most pointless and complicated quest of the game is about that.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Can you still roflstomp entire game using flamethrower or did mods fix this

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok finished, 60 hours. I explored the world fairly thoroughly although not every single nook and cranny, halfway through I was so disgustingly OP I didn't see any reason to.

Game's awesome altho I wish they handled the difficulty curve better. It always breaks my heart when a game offers you so many great tools to win, survive and adapt to different situations, all those spells, consumables, potions and boosts....and in the end all you do is pew pew with your Redeemer (eventually I upgraded my laser rifle just for the sake of some diversity) and you barely get hit (except a few tricky fights).

I get it, the Elex potions you keep gulping down have a side effect and it's a great idea but you don't know what it is during your first playthrough and so the default run ends up almost always as a faceroll fest. Chapters 2-4 were pretty much just me teleporting around the map and hoovering up the quest marks.

I imagine a low Elex run would be much more challenging and interesting.

Also I don't get the ending.

At some point I said fuck it, all those Elex potions are bringing my Cold down so let's go for a full sonofabitch ending, whatever that is. I only managed to get to "dispassionate" tho and even though I always answered with the "Enough Emotion" option in the important dialogues, which seemed to steer me towards the "mwhahahaha let's support the Hybrid and turn the populace into servants of our new Overlords", in the end I had to fight the Hybrid anyway and inject him with mana. I guess I needed to be even Colder.

Anyway my next run will be a full-on hippie Berzerk emoshunal one, trying to go for a human ending, whatever that might be. It'll also give me a chance to go melee bc playing the game like Mass Effect doesn't feel right, it's just isn't built like a 3rd person shooter.

Still a great game, definitely not flawless but still a huge comeback for PB. Glad I bought it at full price, here's hoping PB made enough to keep doing just that, instead of unspeakable horrors like Risen 3.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To be fair I didn't have to use any either, I only realized how good they are halfway through. Up until then I only levelled up by running around towns and doing quests. I just wanted to try different skills and weapons I didn't really needed, just for shits and giggles, so I pumped up those stats.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Not chugging down elex pots does postpone the facestomp phase a bit, but not by a whole lot imo.

Jinn

Arcane
I didn't use Elex potions, avoided fast travel, didn't use companions, and didn't use mechanized weapons on hardest difficulty. Was still having fun exploring and ended up in some decently challenging encounters up until the end of my 70 hour Berserker run. It always sounded like tech/Elex/Cleric runs led to extreme balance problems for most people. Really unfortunate.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Did you get a different ending? I wonder if you can get reasonably warm (without save scumming dialogues) if you just don't drink Elex at all.

I killed the Hybrid and gave Magalan back to the people to rebuild.

So probably not too different. I think you need to be chugging ELEX all day every day to get that super cold ending, but I'm not sure.

T. Reich

Arcane
Picking "emotional"/"cold" responses in dialogues with various NPCs influences your "warmness" MUCH more than any Elex abuse.
I've finished the game on average "warmth" while chugging quite a lot of Elex potions.
I've decided to see the "cold" ending as well. So I spent a few minutes eating hundreds of raw Elex I had accumulated.
After I've done that, I still got the average "warmth" ending.

Yosharian

Arcane
It surprises me how little the Elex drinks affect your Cold level. It's like +0.1 per drink. You have to drink 10 just to gain one Cold point.

And you need to get 80+ Cold (you start around 50) to start becoming Alb-like again.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It surprises me how little the Elex drinks affect your Cold level. It's like +0.1 per drink. You have to drink 10 just to gain one Cold point.

And you need to get 80+ Cold (you start around 50) to start becoming Alb-like again.
So I Straight Edge'd that shit for nothing?

:despair:

Doktor Best

Arcane
I just checked the Steam reviews for Elex out of curiosity and it took a plunge from 73% positive ratings overall to 49% recent. WTF is going on there?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I just checked the Steam reviews for Elex out of curiosity and it took a plunge from 73% positive ratings overall to 49% recent. WTF is going on there?
What rathamster said, sales made the recent revios really low. They think they're getting more epic skyrim gaming extreme where you kill DRAGONS EPICCLY and then get disappointed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom