Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

sqeecoo

Arcane
You have sieged our capitol! Sit still you cowardly men of Man and feel the fury of Gath! Well, it'll probably go horribly for me but in this battle I can actually script!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You have sieged our capitol! Sit still you cowardly men of Man and feel the fury of Gath! Well, it'll probably go horribly for me but in this battle I can actually script!

You'd better hurry up, coz I'm gonna storm your cap right now.

Explain me this. Why on earth did you choose this route for your army in Wacce?

dfe897w.jpg

This is the first time during our war when you move an army outside of a fort (not counting raiding squads and blood hunting parties).

Why not simply go through Saetica?

dO3Hibv.jpg

We both know what happens in the open. The Harmonist happens.

So that's your army before he attacked:

MrWwMsj.jpg

Very nice. Still no chance to beat me Very nice.

And THIS is what's left after his attack:

iC2NZT5.jpg

Feel the difference. If you submitted the turn ordering this army to break the siege, only those on the second report would be present.

Awright, back to business.

UiSI8yN.jpg

... I hate this game.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
sqeecoo, your last army is scattered. Those still alive are blind and helpless. Your cap is lost. Most of your forts are besieged. Astral Corruption is gone.

There is no hope for you. You've lost.

It is time to let go.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Indeed. Grim's slow and safe rolling over me was impressive. It's not that he won, that was expected cause while I wasn't a pushover in power he was much stronger, but man, he took no losses. Well done man, well done. I'm still pissed at myself for that crucial stall, I'm sure I could have at least done decent damage with that first stalled army. Vamps shadowblasting, relief not just rigor mortis, will of the fates, lots of body ethereal casts to counter the time stopped earthquakes, mass mind duel (I've read it targets lowest astral mages first, we'd have to see). Ah well. Wouldn't have won, very likely, but the hope was to do enough damage to that army to make it retreat, and counter raid with the immortal vamps.

I guess I'm pretty much done now. That horror harmonica golem, man.

I hope the horror seeds are annoying, at least :D

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
but man, he took no losses

Actually, you've managed to nail several Golems of mine. Nothing major, but they were hard to replace during Astral Corruption. Not to mention AC itself, it really took a toll on my nation.

Mistakes were made on both parts, but it was a fun little war. :salute:

I hope the horror seeds are annoying, at least :D

They are :argh:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Err..... Llamaserver tells me I submitted the wrong turn again, but I'm pretty sure I'm submitting turn 63, the same shown on the game page and the last turn I got. Turn 62 too, has been a stale and llama had sent me a "wrong turn" message but after processing the turn. I thought it was my fault and I never investigated into the matter but it appears everything started here:

Today I woke up with 40+ new messages, some about submitting my turn, some about revising my turn and some about submitting the wrong turn.

Tentatively postponing this, I will take some hours to look into the matter. Sorry guys!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hm, you can try requesting a turn resend in the admin options of the game, will give you the most recent turn.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Alredy did, and it gave me the same turn I had got before, turn 63. Which, btw, should be the correct one, according to the game page! Checked it in-game and it is indeed turn 63.

If I try submitting it, either after playing some moves or as it is, this happens:

0Z3FBPT.png

I uninstalled the game and I'm now re-downloading it from Steam.

edit: If I'm not mistaken, there was a small update some days ago? I suspect it went wrong and I have something like a diferent version number listed somewhere which screws llama. Hopefully re-installing should fix it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wow, that's drastic :) But yeah my advice would have been to make some changes and then save a new 2h file, I solved that issue once that way. Not sure what to do if that doesn't work. Maybe write to llama, the guy is usually super helpful.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Ok, apparently I'm not a total idiot and the problems I'm having with submitting turns are a thing:

15th July 2018: I've had a couple of people contact me in the last few days asking if the server is okay, as it's had a number of bugs recently.

The short answer: Yes it has had a number of issues recently, but I believe these are now all resolved, so fingers crossed good service will now be resumed. Thanks for your patience when it's been a bit ropey.

Here are the details:

- Until recently the server was suffering increasingly from out-of-memory errors etc due to being on too small a machine, which caused quite erratic behaviour (and it took me a while to realise this was the issue!). However two weeks ago I doubled the size of the server, so those issues are now resolved.

- A new dom5 bug has caused a few problems by taking an infinite amount of time to start certain new games. I'll report this to Illwinter. In any case, I've now made it so the server will handle this better.

- In the last few days the server has sometimes been saying that it's out of action when actually it's fine. This is the result of a bug that's now fixed.

I have what 6-7 stales in the last 10 turns? I stopped counting after a while :(

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone minds if I extend this until weekend? Overflown with work, can't scramble 4-5 hours to make my turn. I guess I could do this at night, but weekend would be much more convinient.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom