Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Would the game have an endless inventory like in PoE ? It kind of does make sense to have such inventory,after all you play as a king. How hard could it be to get yourself a pack mule?

Now that's a minefield of a question. This depends on how exactly you define "SJW stuff" -- for some people it's anything less hyper-masculine than Conan the Barbarian with illustrations by Boris Vallejo :)

RPGs could use a bit more of Boris Vallejo.

latest

008.jpg

boris_vallejo_by_snapcoco-da7giqm.jpg

In my old age I've come to realize that Boris is just a weaksauce version of Frazetta, with lots of bling (airbrush fantasy paintings were still fairly new in the early 80s) and no dynamics at all. He's just very artistically inferior. Frazetta paintings are very dynamic scenes with a lot of tension that you can feel emanating through the piece. Boris stuff is just perfunctory, boring (if realistic, anatomically correct) bling with airbrush stylings. Think of it as the art equivalent of the videogame great BLOOM epidemic of the mid 2000s.

Frazetta art is mindblowing and full of movement. It transports you to a fantastic place and it's almost like you're in the scene itself witnessing the action. Yes, I'm a fan.

Snow.jpg

frank_frazetta_chained.jpg

frank_frazetta_deathdealerV.jpg

26f1e25b77a88c90e97b5b335df13b2a--frank-frazetta-comic-art.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This thread just metamorphosized into: "I am a male ally of the feminist agenda, and if I can just call non-cucks virgins loud enough, I can finally stop creeping and hoverhanding on my feminist female allies and actually get rewarded with sex. Soon, virginity, you will be a distant memory!"

Notice, I didn’t call anybody a virgin, but now that you mention it... Let’s just say, the wingnut doth protest too much, methinks.

You're a tedious and uncreative drone who can't whistle another note, I see.

Married with adorable infant son, all documented in the photo gallery.

There is nothing modern about the concept of Amiri. The fierce barbarian warrior woman is among the oldest tropes in western literature. They’re all reflections of Penthesilea. She first shows up in epics about the Trojan war written in the 7th or 8th century BC, although she doesn’t make an in person appearance in the Iliad itself.

To call something a trope implies that it was popular at some point. Penthesilea never was. Someone did an ancient fanfic of the Iliad that shipped Achilles and the amazons of Herodotus together, and the whole sordid mess completely failed to survive in even the most fragmentary form. Doesn't sound like anyone wanted to make copies of your "oldest trope" so maybe we'll elaborate on its trailblazing status and also call it the oldest of unengaging and failed tropes?

Maybe the ancient Greeks were Marxists? I bet they read a ton of Baudrillard back then.

Your feminist History professor certainly was a Marxist. It's always obvious when the Women's Studies major is reading off the disjointed notes he scribbled in class, between fantasizing that his hairy-armpitted feminist professor would notice him and give him sex, if only he recited her precisely enough.

Oh, so according to the ancient Greeks, women were so strong that they were fought over like chattel throughout that book you mentioned uncomprehendingly as proof of grrl power. The very book itself is about men fighting over three different women, two of which were captured and made into sex slaves that became pawns in a fight between Agamemnon and Achilles. The other might have escaped your notice because she's only the main macguffin for the whole tale. But because you wrote down your professor insisting that the Iliad is proof that women are as strong as men, you needn't actually have any context or stoop to reading the book itself. Magister dixit is good enough for the lowly likes of you.

Virgil liked the idea so much that he created Camilla as a knockoff character. Can you believe the balls on that guy? I guess Virgil was a social justice warrior, too, huh?

Actually, to those who know better than you, it would be embarrassingly absurd to describe Virgil as "having balls" since Virgil was a very timid and meek man, whose lack of confidence led him to ask his friends on his death bed to go and burn his manuscript for the Aeneid, which they obviously disobeyed. He is everything that we'd consider an effeminate nu-male these days, so the appeal of a dominating woman probably did call out to his womanish heart. What's your excuse for wanting a strong woman to dominate you?

DeepOcean

Arcane
It all depends on how the character is written (the animu sword however is beyond retarded even if a man was carrying that shit). What pisses me off is when a female character really is trying hard to cosplay a male character including premeditated fuglyfication on her character design. For all this talk of equality, soy boys and fugly wamen hate femininity too much to allow women to be feminine and to be... you know... women, they hate women for being women and want to them to be some sort of weird second class men because the soy boys are too weak and hate healthy woman and the fugly wamen hate healthy femininity because they are fugly wamen.

I like Quest for Glory series alot and those games are all full of female characters, they were written by a woman after all, but all female characters behave like female characters, so it isn't annoying, even the african barbarian woman had a toddler and breast feed her child on her hut, you know, the writer was okay with being a woman and it wasn't a coloured hair insecure bitch needing urgent psychiatic attention or a soy boy wanting their waifus to be independent and stronk because of their internalized low status.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In my old age I've come to realize that Boris is just a weaksauce version of Frazetta, with lots of bling (airbrush fantasy paintings were still fairly new in the early 80s) and no dynamics at all. He's just very artistically inferior. Frazetta paintings are very dynamic scenes with a lot of tension that you can feel emanating through the piece. Boris stuff is just perfunctory, boring (if realistic, anatomically correct) bling with airbrush stylings. Think of it as the art equivalent of the videogame great BLOOM epidemic of the mid 2000s.

Frazetta art is mindblowing and full of movement. It transports you to a fantastic place and it's almost like you're in the scene itself witnessing the action. Yes, I'm a fan.

Snow.jpg

frank_frazetta_chained.jpg

frank_frazetta_deathdealerV.jpg

26f1e25b77a88c90e97b5b335df13b2a--frank-frazetta-comic-art.jpg
Boris's art have more boobs. >>>> he is superior. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
just don't use it bro

just don't pick her bro

it's just fantasy anything goes bro

it's just a game why try to make it like real life

:commits sudoku:

I assume you mean seppuku, but sudoku was funnier.

Edit: Since I keep getting reactions to this... yes, I was unaware of the meme. Once you all hit a certain age, it'll start happening to you too. :P

Last edited:

Morkar Left

its a high fantasy game. Women can be as strong as a super saiyan or weak as a mouse. If you want realism fantasy women go watch grim dark shit like game of thrones where women deceptively take anal and master the art of sucking cock to learn a local lords tax break secrets.

or become teenage super assassins or highly melee skilled knights or daredevil melee fighters all without looking out of place despite a grim fantasy world :M

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
its a high fantasy game. Women can be as strong as a super saiyan or weak as a mouse. If you want realism fantasy women go watch grim dark shit like game of thrones where women deceptively take anal and master the art of sucking cock to learn a local lords tax break secrets.

Agreed, and since nothing has to be realistic, why even have genders?

Everyone can be hermaphrodites and have a swiss army knife array of different sexual organs to have sex with each other and every manner of other living thing.

Now that "fantasy" means "everything can be absurd" there's no limit to the depravity.

swiss army knife is not varied enough, i think you mean a norfolk knife you shitlord

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This thread turned into: “I can’t get laid but at least women are weaklings, why are games trying to take that away from me?”
If you don't want to cringe in disgust, don't read about other people's roleplaying habits and interests, that's my policy.

I used to be curious of this, how come isometric party-based RPGs never fail to attract the most awkward virgins on the internetz, but then it came to me, this is valid for nearly all RPGs which have women or anything woman-like in them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I used to be curious of this, how come isometric party-based RPGs never fail to attract the most awkward virgins on the internetz.
Play any multiplayer FPS game and make the mistake of actually listening the other players, you will realize that virgindom isn't an RPG exclusive thing very fast.

Modron

Arcane
I used to be curious of this, how come isometric party-based RPGs never fail to attract the most awkward virgins on the internetz, but then it came to me, this is valid for nearly all RPGs which have women or anything woman-like in them.

MMOs attract the most awkward virgins on the internet...

jf8350143

Liturgist
Surprised to see there is Chinese localisation for this game.

Hope the quality is great, otherwise they will lose quite a chunk of sales here.

Thonius

Arcane
It's like people who make updates are same people who make game....
If it's late stage dev they are busy fixing bugs and I don't think that 100% of dev team busy with it. Some minor update would be nice from art department or something.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Yep that's for sure. I don't see adds for this game, "press" is silent.

They are doing the same thing that Obsidian did with Trashfire 2, they are hoping that word of mouth is going to be enough to prop up the game, dumb move, hell it's even worse than Trashfire, I can't find a single article that mentions that this game is going to be released in august.

Thonius

Arcane
Because it won't be.... As one fella said " we don't have a prove that's game exists outside of beta".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom