Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Shroud of the Avatar

Ninjerk

Arcane
shit's cray

Dumbfuck Weasel
Speaking as a spectator of many an internet drama, it sounds like you take stuff quite personally. I have never seen any internet based drama that wasn't being fueled by both parties (it is just too easy to walk away or disengage from someone on the internet). Based on what I have seen here you are quick to start throwing insults people's way and hold grudges. I could understand why you would be upset with this person who was actually sending threats and attempting to get personal information to harass people but you also seem to be having beef with, insulting, and even harassing people who disagree with you or have a different perspective or outlook on things.

Regarding this jamma guy, it is just run of the mill internet harassment from everything I have seen presented here, and none of his threats are in any way genuine (although they can feel that way to the person receiving them). The fact that you get so wound up about it is probably why he has been targeting you for so long since people who act that way are almost always doing it for the reaction they get from people. Now if he is getting some kind of protection from Portalarium or they are sharing information with him, I wish you luck in your arbitration. I don't know if it will matter though as I wouldn't expect Portalarium to stay in business too much longer.

I guess the main thing I would say is that you should probably not worry about other people too much. You can't control anyone else's behavior, you can only control yours. It is best to not get involved in shit flinging like this if it is genuinely upsetting to you.

Rubbish, frankly. So as it needs spelling out here too, in order to ensure I can keep proving that he got into my email, used the details he found there to target specific people in my life, I can't openly say what he's doing so he can't use the excuse he's just copying what he sees me publicly post. But it should be obvious. I shouldn't have to explain more than basic hints, and show you the police reports (which I've done) to point out it's serious enough. You realise making false reports is itself a crime? And yet they weren't judged false.

If you can't make the intellectual leap from "what information he might have got from your personal email?" to "what he might actually be doing?", that doesn't mean it's just the same old nihilistic shit talking that this generation seems to think is normal. The email hack alone is evidence enough. Do you think calling someones grandmother, who isn't even related to the "drama", is decent behaviour? And that wasn't even me. It shouldn't need explaining that, if it's already gone that far, you're not even accurately reporting the actual facts about the case.

And walking away from protecting your loved ones isn't normal. It may have become normalised, that that speaks more to the debased standard of public interaction thanks to the internet than anything else.

And someone insulting you for years, and then saying about them "God you're such a cock" is a normal reaction to awful people. You have at least checked the dates of the links I put up, yes? The user "AdamZax" was ranting away about me and claiming I was insane minutes before on Raw; that's why I pointed out I'd seen Taxalot had made a thread there; it's not "holding a grudge" to point out what a toxic twat someone is because of what they'd just moments earlier said. Nor is it "a grudge" to remember there was a record of how long he's been toxic.I know online people like to think that history restarts every time they want it too, but again, abuse someone for years and the reality is, the people you do it too remember. All I did was make sure people knew the context of the sad little power plays and neurosis that surrounds what's left of the community.

And frankly again, the fact I produce posts like this proves nothing except I have a much higher work rate and intelligence, or just typing speed, than the average person. Don't patronise me by trying to claim this is a flaw.

And none of which would excuse Portalarium, who are supposed to be professionals, escalating it even further by publicly slandering the victims, working with the person harassing their own customers out of personal animus, and being so arrogant about it they'd act even though I'm in the very conversation ranting about me so can prove they are unprofessional...

You know why the police and soon, the arbitration courts take it more seriously than people online do? Because online isn't real life.

Even if you personally agree with the arsehole opinions on me (and frankly I dont care if anyone does, the aim is to ensure everyone knows the kind of vile behaviour that clings like remora fish to this game), trying to excuse your own lack of moral certainty by personal criticism is just ensuring when they turn on you (just like he did with "deadlyhabit" and now "adamzax" after he thought he'd silenced me) the same tactics of personal destruction will ensure no one stands up and defends you either.

Is collective decency and thus self defence really such an alien concept these days? It seems so.

Last edited:
Dumbfuck Weasel
Can't wait for the DU to go testifying about rape threads on his forum, lololol.

I'll just say to you what I said earlier; give me the personal contact details of a vulnerable woman in your life, one who isn't in any way connected with your posting here, for me to do with in what ever way I feel like using. Then we have an accurate comparison...

Dumbfuck Weasel
And as a general post; one of the main reasons it's so hard to get issues like this addressed is because people are so easily fooled by toxic behaviour into walking away from, not looking too closely at, or thinking about the wider context... which means the victim as well as the person causing the toxic behaviour get tarred with the same brush. It's all well and good to say "don't wrestle with pigs"... but what do you do when the pigs are so disturbed they don't know when to stop trying to force themselves into your life?

So I repeat again; Portalarium knew I was a participant in a conversation where the person I'd warned them I'd gone to the police about was openly ranting about me, and knowing I could see it and would archive it, used the fact I told them to talk to my lawyer who was dealing with the issues in Austin, Texas... to ban me and tell him they'd done so, because Chris Spears in particular is a hateful individual.

Just read the conversation there. And bear in mind, I'm not the only real name and report of harassment that was on the report to the Austin PD. At least 2 others signed up too. I know it, my legal support in Austin knows it, the officer I gave the contact details to Cerus knows it. But Portalarium keep doubling down.

Dumbfuck Weasel
Hey guys, remember the days when Ultima was about living virtuous while having good fun?

Meanwhile, in present-day Ultima:

you saw it was his facebook account. Which revealed he'd stolen $2900 from people who thought they were supporting a turtle sanctuary, but was only to buy himself a 3d printer.
:backawayslowly:

Buy the game, and you have to come out of the hedge and trade with people like him to get property. And also, the hedges themselves. Because there's no non-Cash store plant deco in game. Seriously. When they try and claim you can "buy anything with in game gold", what they mean is, if you can find an RMT who'll sell it to you. And selling the gold, and even XP, for real money is legal and hosted on the forums.

Personally, warning people the most active RMT manipulating the coverage is a genuine, real life scammer is a public service I'd say.

We live in an age however when pointing that out is only valid when you've got a massive internet mob behind you. Until everyone else agrees with you, nothing is really "real"...

Bladderfish

Augur
*sniffs* I smell mental illness.

Is it just me or is there a hint of the Cleve about BritishAccentsGetTheGirls? Not quite as Aspie and amusing, obviously, but the traces of superiority, autistic single-minded focus and crazy are definitely there.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing! Or that his issues aren't valid.

Great thread!

Dumbfuck Weasel
*sniffs* I smell mental illness.

Is it just me or is there a hint of the Cleve about BritishAccentsGetTheGirls? Not quite as Aspie and amusing, obviously, but the traces of superiority, autistic single-minded focus and crazy are definitely there.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing! Or that his issues aren't valid.

Great thread!

Of course I act superior, because it's the truth! But single minded focus? The last time I mentioned any other interests I have, my stalker used it and the email address he knows about to shut down accounts associated with those other interests. And bragged on Reddit again he was doing it.

Here's the email from EA / Battlefield 1 confirming that one, by the way. He didn't actually get in, he was bombarding it with failed attempts to trigger security lock downs again. I solved that my moving my gaming accounts to an email he doesn't know about; Every now and then he still finds a forum though that I've long since forgotten about, and does the same there. The last one was a few months back, where I'd made a single post asking how to set up the KEGA Fusion emulator for a disabled client of mine to play one handed.

But see that superior segue into hammering home the issues again?! I'm fucking awesome. And yes, despite him thinking it's being a hobbit to speak with my accent, it really has gotten me hooked up with American girls rather often. And then that focus and crazy in bed rocks their world.

I find the truth a great support through years of attempts to claim I should be, or make me feel suicidal, because sociopaths and idiots wish I was, because people doing better than them upsets them.

That penultimate line is the truth that matters above all of the others. Believe in that, even if none of the others.

Mustawd

This is why I don’t play multiplayer games anymore.

Also, I watched a livestream of a dance party grimace linked me to because I was curious what music they were playing (mostly euro electronic dance stuff). I must say the dance party shit is quite....gay? I mean no wonder Jaesun spent so much time there. Codex and IRL can’t compete with this shit:

ZoUql8z.png

iyLGQ0Y.png

g4Etuql.png

Extra points if you can figure out which one Grimace is in the first pic.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
I heard that parts of the SotA community are defensive about the game.... but dear fucking lord, this thread.

I just hope Pantheon's community will be less.... crazy.
With the Everquest nostalgia and everything it kinda has the same potential.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
taxalot Mad props for putting so much effort into playing the game and writing an amazing review. I played it for about 2 hours, got bored and uninstalled it so it must've been a real challenge to stick with it for that long.

I don't know if the problems are because of LB or despite him but it seems likely his skills as a game dev peaked in the 80s and 90s and he either is out of touch, doesn't know how to make good games or doesn't care anymore. What you can tell he does love doing is masquerading around as LB and interacting with fans and reveling in the past glory that is the Ultima series.

Maybe the best way to salvage the game is to just double down on it as a "second life" type experience and drop the pretext of it being an RPG with a story, quests, combat, etc. Though I suspect that the money will run out long before that happens.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The idea of a crowdfunded or "indie" MMO is inherently insane. No wonder it attracts similar people.
I think the real problem is the scope and ambition.... one could probably crowdfund something more simple, like Ultima Online, Furcadia, Tibia, Maplestory, Hotel Habbo, etc... Hell, it would probably fit these hardcore LARPers much more.

The idiotic thing is to crowdfund a poor man's AAA.

ClockworkMonkey

Literate
That guy was Commander_Titer, now banned from Reddit for Doxxing. It's almost impossible to get banned from reddit, but he managed.

All his excuses here don't explain how he would get banned there. Those are misdirection and lies with very easy to follow links, as are the rest of the shit he just left here. To see for yourself follow his links.

Seriously. Follow all his links and notice how they don't match up to what he said in 90% of him. He just says something horrible happened to him or someone did something atrocious and then links to things that actually him harassing the shit out of people.

Don't look here, terrible things.

Misdirection, lies, and gaslighting are his weapons. He either assumes no one follows the links, or he believes he's summarizing them honestly, or he just lies non-stop. I haven't figure out which yet.

And yeah, the Developers were right to stand up for themselves with this guy. But boy did it get his panties in a bunch when they did!

Titler Makes a Profit:

His first angle of attack was that anyone who likes the game is just lying because they are in it for the money.

Like Littlefinger, he can only imagine the worst in everyone but himself. He, The Pinnacle of Goodness, cleansing the land of evil doers. And getting repeatedly banned on the way. Weird, that, for a Pinnacle of Goodness.

(Watch, if you agree with him in public he'll start trying to rally you on a holy crusade to cleanse the land of all that is Shroud.)

But his argument that all opinion is money based falls apart. If you're just in it for the money you'd have to have balls of steel to have not sold out by now. Obviously the game didn't launch as well as we would have liked, but if you're just a money maker you still could have exited with a profit.

Just like he did when he was Commander_Titler and he made so much money he was able to pay for a "a tonne of sun and sex" and a vacation to France.

Then he bragged about making a big profit, and went back to attacking people for making money. Total hypocrite.

He assumes everyone else's motives are evil, only he is Pure and Honest. Notice some of you have already felt the beginning of his wrath after disagreeing with him even on a minor point. Don't disagree more or he'll be trying to figure out who you are.

Shroud and Money:

Yeah, you can make money at the game. So what? Housing's free now, no cash shop purchases required in any way, but if you want to cash out you can take your money and go watch that movie you wanted. There's even enough quest rewards on a basic account to pay for the cost of the game if you get them and then want to quit.

Have I made money?

No.

I've sold a little, but put way more in. I'm in this for the long haul. I support it monthly because I want the place to persist and the features to continue growing. Seeing Darkstarr (Executive Producer) DJ'ing the monthly Release Parties reminds me of "Ready Player One". There is a lot more to this game than bashing monsters, and I hope they can keep going.

I love playing Shroud, more of the Sandbox and Market side of it, but the new scenes have gotten good lately as well. Yesterday I spent a bunch of time brewing. I just made one that won't be ready until this time next year. And yeah, I think the game will still be around then.

I tried the new PvP mode on Friday. It's got potential, we'll see if they can make it Tiered enough that weaker players have a place to play. Castle Sieges are on the horizon and that is exciting, they may get PvP to be interesting after all.

I look forward to when we can make our own quests and can see the potential. It's not perfect yet. The questing system is a solid C or B- maybe, with a B+ story if you can put up with the interface.

Saturdays are so busy I am running from one event to the next. If I just wanted to make money I'd be grinding, not showing up for parties.

Stalker:

Making an aquaponics system for a Turtle Conservation program with help of a 3D printer that your friends and family helped buy? In crazy world it was a scam and that money is stolen.

Me not emailing my stalker to let him know I printed up a little turtle for my Aunt because she helped raise the money? I guess in crazy world that's some of his business, I should be checking in with him regularly.

Of course, my friends, family, and the turtle conservation place don't see it that way, but it makes a good story for someone with a vendetta to repeat everywhere. 90% lie, based on a small amount of fact.

And yes, he is an internet stalker. That's all from my Facebook account and a small fundraiser I ran. And no, he didn't find it by going to Massively. He found it by searching the internet for similar usernames to the one on Reddit. Serves me right for having the same account name in multiple places.

Finally cancelled my LinkedIn account and turned Facebook almost totally Private thanks to Littlefinger. Dudes like this are why we can't have nice stuff....

(I wonder what Unity game he's saying I'm getting donations for? The guy knows more about me than I do.)

He's been told by MANY people to get help before he hurts someone in real life. There's also the theory that he's both the victim and the bully in the law enforcement story, using multiple accounts to attack himself in order to get mass bans against the people in the middle. Whenever he shows up (even with a ban circumventing new alt account) his "arch nemisis" shows up five minutes later to say crazy things. Pretty sure they are the same guy.

It's all an interesting read as long as he's not doing it to you.

Stand by for pages and pages of rants from crazy. Normally I would have just reported this and not replied, don't feed the Stalker Trolls, but the Author asked and so enjoy. Drama!

Ok, back to Shroud, it's a weekend so it'll be a busy day.

AdamZax

Barely Literate
BritishAccentsGetTheGirls You may want to consider using archive.is for pertinent websites rather than rely on the Wayback Machine.

I notice you've put up a thread on Reddit now. One thing you need to understand is that Raw and everything else has only ever been a tool for getting vital information out about Shroud to innocent people who might suffer if they make the mistake of getting involved with it. That doesn't mean all the people on the critical side are likeable, or hell could even tie their own shoelaces. Just tools to get the information out there.

Oh titler, don't ever change.

I'm glad people here realized quickly what type of person you are and how quick you are to attack anyone who doesn't jump on the bandwagon.

Just in case anyone is actually interested, I HIGHLY encourage you to actually click on titler's links that he provides as his "evidence" against me. What he says happened, vs what is actually shown in the links is never the same, he counts on the fact that most people won't follow the links, most people will just see that there is a link and assume he has something to back up his accusations. Spoiler, he doesn't.

I'd like to provide some corrections from the rant about me here. Because titler is too much of a coward to actually engage me anymore and prefers to talk about me in places like here where he thinks I won't come and answer him. He did this on reddit too before he was site-wide banned, where he would accuse me of things in his comments in other subs that i don't read and not tag me, hoping i wouldn't see it and come to dispute his lies. He does this because every time he has actually argued with me it devolves into the usual flinging of insults because I disagree with him rather than any actual basis to his claims against me.

Anyways, here we go:

1. I was a couple thousand invested into Shroud, have since recouped most of my money. My brother is not monetarily invested at all. . This is nothing that we have denied and i've stated it in numerous places. Both of us have been critical of the game for years now, (myself since all the way back to release 7 or 8 when the combat system was introduced) we are not "very very late" to anything.

2. "They're also proud of their own claimed disabilities, calling each other "window lickers" et all."
This happened exactly once as a joke and here is the comment https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/comments/7m4nvw/goin_huntin/drscbhy/ as usual titler likes to take small events and exaggerate them for some reason.

3. "And they're both of the mindset that nothing online is real. That any kind of trolling is fine because it's just words. His brother even once tried to claim that Xbox chat was reality, and that inability to deal with the kind of trash talk there proved you couldn't deal with reality"
My brother has used xbox live as a known toxic community as an example of how people troll all the time. He told titler that if a 10 year old on xbox live could easily block someone who was harassing him online, then titler should also learn to block and ignore people on reddit or forums or wherever. No idea where titler gets the idea that nothing online is real, and as usual he has no evidence to show for that claim. He takes a comparison of trash talking on xbox live and exaggerates that to say we think that it is reality, or that nothing online is real?

4. "The idea that not everyone is that disconnected and hollow, and that despite endless hints I'm protecting a third party who the rape threats are being directed towards, has never sunk into either of them. They completely lack empathy, and assume everything's as bollocks as they act online. They just keep on looking for excuses to justify their ever evolving excuses for hatred. You'll notice in the reply to your post, AdamZax says "We will see if anything comes of his police reports, we've certainly been hearing about them for awhile now".... for months though he denied they were even real."

Again this is just an outright lie and he will not be able to show any evidence of it. I have lost any empathy for him due entirely to his attitude towards myself and to other people. As you can see even on these forums he goes on the attack immediately on being questioned about anything. I have told him this, and told him that it is his attitude that makes people not care about his problems anymore.

What I did not do is deny that he made any police reports or is taking legal action. Neither did my brother, in fact what my brother did do was comment about how these police reports are a waste of time and that he hopes the police have something better to do than investigate someone being mean on the internet. Again, he has been challenged to show any proof of me denying that the police reports exist, and he still fails to produce it. He says I did it, and if you don't believe him you are a fool. That is the extent of his evidence.

If anyone bothers to look through the post history with titler and I they will see that I tell him many times that I don't hate him, that I don't even think about him except when I see him making claims against me and have to respond. He can't seem to understand that and is convinced that i'm on some crusade of hatred against him. I have assured him that all I feel is sorry for him and his obvious delusion, but he won't accept that.

5. "Where does it come from? At first it was some weird need to lash out at me because I mentioned Portalarium's funding model was based upon exploiting vulnerable and poor people; that the industry knows damn well gambling mechanisms in particular target those least able to cope with it. Because deep down I suspect they both knew they'd fallen prey to it as well. But as reality slowly set in about how the game was actually developing, and they moved over to critical, the pathetic need to justify personal hate shifted."

Here is the "lashing out at him" about Port's RMT. https://imgur.com/a/OXww9JC
I had tried correcting him on a post he made where he said that no property could come into the game without RMT. I agreed with most of his post except I corrected him on that part because at the time there was a lottery in game that you could spend in game gold on for tickets, and win property. I pointed out that this system was purely in game and did not rely on RMT. That was it, I simply tried to correct a factually incorrect statement that he made and I got attacked by him because of it. He can't even admit he made a small mistake, and you can see in the PM's how quickly he starts ranting and insulting me just for trying to correct something he said. This was my first clash with him and so the idea that I was lashing out at him to justify some personal hate is just laughable.

6. "It really took off when he was trying to claim that I'd said his brother was behind the "craftymethod" identity, because of his own basic illiteracy, and then refused to accept my pointing out the word "thread" has multiple meanings in English and I'd been saying for months I knew who it really belonged too (my stalker again). Even though you could search my own comment history and see that out of 7 times I'd mentioned his brother, 6 times were specifically saying he wasn't my stalker. And then he took to sending me pathetic PMs where he literally had to edit out entire clauses in my own posts, to try and make it look like I was saying the opposite of what I did, and then saying it proved that I didn't know what my own opinion was."

It really took off here indeed. This is where everyone could see that titler can not even admit to the smallest of mistakes. He accused my brother (mrblight) of being an alt of another user named Craftymethod.
His original comment making that claim is here https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudofth...munity_reacts_to_civil_discussion_on/dl1mwiz/

When I assured him (politely at first as you can see there) that blight was not an alt of craftymethod, rather than simply move on with having made a mistake, he doubles down and claimed that i'm simply too stupid to understand how he was using the word thread, and he didnt mean a forum thread but the overall thread of a theme about the forums. Yes this is actually what he is claiming rather than admitting a mistake. Despite that his original comment uses the word thread 3 times, the first 2 of which are clearly meaning forum threads, and the 3rd time linking to a forum thread that my brother posted.... but sure... he didn't REALLY mean forum thread in that sense, he meant that there was an overall thread or theme happening... even though that makes absolutely no sense with the context of his post.

This little mistake of his continues to irk him, apparently, because he brings it up even still, and has even more absurd defenses for it. Such as telling us to look how many time's he's mentioned my brothers name and jamma at the same time.... which doesnt make any sense because i'd never claimed he accused my brother of being jamma, I claimed he accused him of being craftymethod, which you can see right there in the original comment.

I've had a number of conversations with him about this since then and gotten PM's from him about it and he still refuses to admit that he simply got my brother mistaken with another user. On reddit, his big evidence of it was to link to that original comment I just linked to, even though it shows exactly what i'm talking about and no reasonable person reads it in the way he is trying to say he used it.

7. "So I'd get PMd images such as this one, where by cutting out the line where I acknowledge items can be traded more than once, he tried to argue to me that my own argument was that no trade ever happens with out RMT. Obviously it does, but the idea of initial bias was beyond him. Or this one where he tried to argue that by selectively quoting the line that says RMT is Essential, it meant I couldn't believe you could get a home by any other method, even though the previous line listed grinding specifically. And then he'd rant on obviously I didn't know what I was saying because I didn't agree with him."

This is just a repeat of point #5 and is covered there, where that screenshot shows the whole conversation and the full screenshots I used to correct him. Again, he is so hung up on being better than everyone that he can't even admit simple mistakes. Also note his lack of reading comprehension, where he says that I tried to claim his argument was that no trades ever happen without RMT. Obviously, as anyone can see in the full conversation i linked above, I never once said that. I pointed out to him where he claimed that no property could come into the game without RMT, and that it was objectively false.

8. "What a cock, eh? Over time, he just got less and less rational or even decent with regards to me. Which is why when the threads went up which were very obviously an attempt to talk about SWATing, he was so happy to engage in them with relish.

Notice that in comments my stalker specifically does the "I'm not saying I'll do this, but I've thought about it" claim and talks directly about sending the SWAT police around to someone. Now someone that unhinged, to be talking like that over Christmas? Someone you know has threatened people's children? Someone that, even if you don't want to admit it, you are vaguely aware "Titler" isn't lying about someone getting into his email...

Does a moral person encourage someone like that? Even if you hate me personally, knowing the threats are being directed at an innocent third party when sent my way...? Do you do it?"

This is always a fun one. titler is obsessed with trying to smear me as having encouraged swatting. However he fails, and has always failed, at explaining how I did it. His evidence is always that I posted where I live, and then around the same time a swatting event happened in real life. The thread that he links to has a deleted post by beastroll. Beastroll is the one who replied to me and said he was tempted to take my address and swat me. I didn't reply to him, no one else replied to him, that was the single mention of swatting and apparently just being in the conversation before that comment was made means that I encouraged swatting.

I suppose that by simply being in this forum where we are mentioning swatting, that titler and everyone else here is also now guilty of encouraging swatting, eh? It is lunacy.
It's a smear that he has obsessed about since christmas, posting all over the place on reddit and other forums, and naming me without tagging me, hoping that I would not notice while he attempted to link me to a criminal activity just because someone commented to me that they were tempted to swat me. Classy titler, classy.

He seems to be either very jelous or very offended that I posted where I live publically, as if that is somehow a crime in itself, and he consistently uses the fact that i posted where i live as one of his main points of evidence that i encourage swatting. He has called me a despicable person and all kinds of names for posting where I live. For some reason he gets to decide what I do with my own personal information I guess? He also consistently tries to link the fact that I posted where I live and that a real swatting event happened around the same time. I removed my info when that event happened because I thought it might be in bad taste to have it up there. He claims that I tried to hide the fact i'd done it, and claims that i deny ever posting it. Not once have I ever denied posting it, and he will as usual not be able to provide a single shred of evidence of me doing so.

My info is mine to use as i see fit, and I am not particularly worried about people knowing where I live, it's easy info to find out online anyways. This offends titler for some reason, and so he is still trying to smear me with the swatting thing, no matter how laughable his claims are.

9. " But here he is trying to turn it around and claiming pointing out he'd done, it is trying to swat him. How am I, if posting your address is innocent, you idiot?"

More reading comprehension fail from titler. Apparently just by acknowledging a post from someone else pointing out that titler is talking about me, I am somehow accusing titler of trying to swat me. I don't know why titler is so obsessed with swatting, but i'll save you the trouble of clicking the link, here are my exact words copied from that post: "Interesting catch, thanks for pointing that out. Since he tried to hide it by not doing a proper tag for my username, I wouldn't have otherwise noticed it."

That's it. But to titler, that is me trying to turn it around and claiming he is trying to swat me. Riiight...

10. "I don't think encouraging sociopaths to escalate against anyone is right. Oh and RES only shows you've edited it, not what the prior edits were. I do actually know what the address he posted was. I didn't link to where he repeats it, which is why I checked RES couldn't recover it, because I'm not a moral cripple."

The address I listed before is no longer my current one, however I'm happy to let anyone know where I live. I'm in Manitoba, Canada, in a town called Beausejour, on Road 69.
It's incredibly easy to find this online and I really dont care if people know where I live.
Again, this is something i've said many times and title just cant seem to wrap his head around it. He cant seem to understand that me using my own information is up to me, and not up to him. According to him though using my own information makes me a moral cripple lol.

Well there it is titler, i'm using my own information again in any way that I want, sorry (not sorry) that offends you so much.

11. "It makes it all the more hilarious that because I dropped a deliberate hint I would think it stupid to give the moderator role to AdamZax... they gave the moderator role to AdamZax! He now has to clean that crap up every day, and I chuckle knowing he has too every day too. Still can't bring himself to show any humanity though, even as he gets it in the neck too!"

titler is so self absorbed he cant imagine any other reason that I might have been made a moderator of the Shroud subreddit except that it must have been done to personally insult him! There can be no other explanation! Nevermind the fact that I had offered a couple times before titler ever made a comment on it, or that I might actually be decent at doing it. Nope, it was purely to spite him personally! :bounce:

Sorry for the wall of text, but as I said above titler is too much of a coward to provide any evidence of his claims against me and prefers to lie about me in places he thinks i wont see.
Hopefully the drama at least entertains a few people.
I think it's important to see different perspectives when you get claims and ranting like he provides, so that everyone can actually evaluate a little more fairly. Anyone is welcome to message me on reddit about anything, I'm not sure if i will check back here as its not a site i normally visit. username is AdamZax

Now, final note: Nothing I say here about titler in any way belittles what jamma did or does. Jamma is a sick individual and has harassed a number of people through PM's on the official forums and reddit and other forums. He has been caught impersonating and trolling people multiple times and is protected by Portaliarium for some reason, which is a REAL problem. I've been one of the people he tries to harass, although I am much harder to intimidate, or get under the skin of, than someone like titler seems to be.

I find most of his harassment towards me personally to be simply amusing. I find claims that he has threatened other peoples children to be disturbing and obviously crosses a line. I have never once belittled those claims. I think that titler probably has been harassed by jamma and have never denied that or said otherwise (even though titler keeps saying i do). Jamma is toxic and Port should be ashamed of themselves for protecting him.

However, that being said, just take everything titler says with a grain of salt, because in my mind, he is just as toxic, and in fact i've seen much more abuse, harassment, insults, and bullying from titler than i ever have seen publicly from jamma. The reason it seems like people lack empathy for titler and his problems is purely because of titler himself and his attitude towards people, and his tendency to automatically attack and insult anyone that questions him or doesnt stroke his ego strongly enough.

Adam out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turjan

Arcane
I hate to be that guy, but this is a generic late 90s/early2000s MMO drama. I don't know what people expected from a late 90s/early2000s MMO developer. Shit like this would happen on regular basis in all of these games until more professional and user-oriented devs like Blizzard swooped along.

:2/5:
Yeah, I was reading the very enjoyable review and the rest of this thread because it was reminding me of some of the shittier aspects of Ultima Online. You couldn't really do much interesting in that game without a guild, either. Which meant you had to deal with all that guild stuff, the good and the bad. And maybe butter up some of those fat cat early adopters who owned all those castles (I guess SotA is so big because space was always an issue in UO), which might have meant going to their stupid parties and jump through a few hoops for some rare scraps.

I had to chuckle when I read that some guy wanted to have fishing in this game. In UO, while fishing was boring, you could do it on you own without all the usual guild drama, and you could go kraken hunting with some friends afterwards. While that was still not overly exciting, that seems to be more than you can do in SotA. Anyway, UO was the reason why I said I would never touch an online multiplayer game again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom