Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am considering buying Day of the Tentacle Remastered since it is 70% off. I have never played a point-and-click adventure game before. Is it a decent starting point?
It's good fun. Of the Schafer/Lucasarts games I like Grim Fandango better though.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
So i am considering to buy Dragonspear for 10 Euro (with BG:EE which i don't really need...).
I think it is all time low for it. I liked infinity engine games. Loved BGII, IWD I and II, liked Torment, thought BGI was pretty meh.

Tell me why i should not do it.

Don Peste

Arcane
My friend and I were feeling a bit meh, undecided about what to buy. So we thought, our birthdays are in one or two months, and we used to gift Steam games to each other. Why don't we do it just now instead of waiting? Brilliant! :D
One has to find any excuses he can to buy stuff!

So, he sent me these from my wishlist:
And I sent him these:

untitled53s8r.png

That's it for me.
purchase24gsvp.jpg

I guess I went full weeb this sale. I've played all Ys games before but they were all removed from inventory, time to repent! Helldivers is the only game I regret buying, but it was a co-op purchase to play with a RL friend and it was 5 bucks so whatever.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I was thinking about a character development system inluencing your postman skills and rich choices and consequences during deliveries. Like, you get a cut from an every envelope that contains cash delivered (evil skill tree branch), but you risk anger and possibly a combat from a receiver when they check the sum at their doorsteps.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised The Postman movie didn't get mentioned earlier.

Anyway, Steam has finally stopped throwing roguelikes at me, and actually pitched me a couple of games that caught my interest.

First there's this puzzle platformer here that may (not) have cringeworthy puns:

And then there's this Ultima-esque game... Ultima during the Apple II-era, that is:

Strangely the RPG Codex seems silent on this one. Was it dismissed out of hand, or did it slip through the cracks?

Anyone played either of these can can give further info?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Played the phone version of Dungeons of Chaos a little, I liked it fine but didn't get too far in, so can't speak to it's quality too much, glad to see it's out though I think I'll grab it. It has great reviews on Google Play for what it's worth

groundhog

Educated
Is Lost Horizon 2 really as useless as the reviews say? Screenshots look pretty nice, and I really liked the first game.

I played the two games fairly close together and I certainly enjoyed the first one the most. The second game is shorter, has weaker puzzles (and a couple of annoying action sequences), and it lacks the characterization and humour of the first game. However, even with those weaknesses I don't think it's a bad game and I still enjoyed the nine hours or so that it took to complete.

Vorark

Erudite
Ended up buying stuff afterall:

DQXI
Yakuza 0
Dark Futures bundle (thanks for the heads-up, Pretty!)
Sims 3 expansion :M

Part of me feels disgusted by buying two games saddled with Denuvo crapware, yet I want more Japanese games on PC. :dealwithit:

deltamind

Literate
Does anyone know is steam link is worth purchasing? Since it is available for 2.5$ on summer sale. If you have personal experiences do let me know :)

Should I get Guilld Wars 1 or is it too dead?

Dunno population numbers but it's worth trying even with AI. With the sale you'll probably at least find people on the main story path for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom