Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saxon1974

Prophet
How much SJW crap will be in this game?

Russia doesn't do SJW - that's why I like 'em so much. Haven't met a single one yet that disappointed me. Even if they managed to pull the wool over our eyes with how involved MCA was in this title, I'm hoping it will be at least as good as IWD1 with a better stronghold system than NWN2. So worth at least full price for me.

I seem to remember them talking about how they were going to be "inclusive" with this game. Hopefully that was just to appease a stupid interviewer and won't be much of that in the game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Russia also struggles to do any sort of good writing sadly.

My bet is on leveling party and dungeons. Maybe on turning kingdom into satan worshipping cult as evil mage.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Mostly I'm just looking foward to not having to decipher some unnecessarily verbose system like PoE's, i.e. one based on DnD where things behave exactly like you assume they do based off game text, while also enjoying combat encounters that don't require more clicking than a StarCraft match.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Mostly I'm just looking foward to not having to decipher some unnecessarily verbose system like PoE's, i.e. one based on DnD where things behave exactly like you assume they do based off game text, while also enjoying combat encounters that don't require more clicking than a StarCraft match.

Don't forget about being able to actually comprehend what is going on during combat.

deuxhero

Arcane
If you leave lawful good you fall.

So only a total alignment shift causes falling? In that case, how are alignment shifts done? Is it NWN style where every dialog choice shifts you slightly out of alignment? If so, how is chaotic/lawful dialog handled?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Russia doesn't do SJW - that's why I like 'em so much. Haven't met a single one yet that disappointed me. Even if they managed to pull the wool over our eyes with how involved MCA was in this title, I'm hoping it will be at least as good as IWD1 with a better stronghold system than NWN2. So worth at least full price for me.

I seem to remember them talking about how they were going to be "inclusive" with this game. Hopefully that was just to appease a stupid interviewer and won't be much of that in the game.

Aww, fuck. They probably just meant that it has different races in it with different skin colours. I would have backed this but POE gave me Kickstarter burnout. I might have said this before, but I think the future of RPGs is from Poland, Czech Republic, and Russian, etc. If these Russian developers create an SJW Pathfinder game, it'll be soul crushing.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
If you leave lawful good you fall.

So only a total alignment shift causes falling? In that case, how are alignment shifts done? Is it NWN style where every dialog choice shifts you slightly out of alignment? If so, how is chaotic/lawful dialog handled?
Exactly. If you make enough evil choices you incrementally move your alignment over. Some guy complained about being a cucked Paladin of Shelyn and trying to save all the bad people, which eventually gave him enough chaotic points to lock him out.

Bocian

Arcane

iyY8238.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Regardless of the content in the end product (btw, who gives a fuck, it isn't dragon age), that's a very measured response. Definitely hard to argue with a response like that.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Regardless of where one stands on the SJW issue, it's kind of a stretch to follow up a sentence about an ass-kicking warrior woman who was kicked out of her tribe for daring to be different, with "our top priority is to tell a good high fantasy story."

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I recently changed my views on SJWs destrying everything they're associated with - because if they didn't exist; Cobra Kai wouldn't have been so hilarious.
But on topic - nothing I've seen written here has changed my view or hope that this will be a great game. I only ever saw one SJW Russian that was a reporter interviewing Katie Hopkins - so x1 out of whatever the population of Russia is, and as long as she isn't making this game, means all is well.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regardless of the content in the end product (btw, who gives a fuck, it isn't dragon age), that's a very measured response. Definitely hard to argue with a response like that.

They'll probably catch more shit from the SJW side with that response.

Measured responses are never enough for them, they always want it all. The "respect and value every voice in the community" part is really gonna trigger em.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Regardless of where one stands on the SJW issue, it's kind of a stretch to follow up a sentence about an ass-kicking warrior woman who was kicked out of her tribe for daring to be different, with "our top priority is to tell a good high fantasy story."
She's iconic pathfinder character. It's not like russians created her.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
She's iconic pathfinder character. It's not like russians created her.
Alright, fair enough. I still think that character concept is cliched as fuck, and the illustration of her holding the Berserk sword in the above link really doesn't help.
I don't have a problem at all with "strong female characters", far from it, but I do have a problem with making female characters strong by having them be insanely awesome at everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom