Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane I don't like RPGs anymore

mastroego

Arcane
Sorry guys, I'm drunk.
The alcoholic stupor has unlocked a realization: I don't like RPGs anymore.

What's even the state of "RPGs" nowadays?
Gay romances? WTF? Or even straight romances?
And every other article on the Codex being about Sawyer?!?!?!?
THAT'S what RPGs are about?
I'm sorry, where's the freaking GAME in all that?
No wonder I'm playing completely different stuff nowadays.

I can still play blobbers or Skyrim, of course. Simplistic as they are, there are no retarded banters nor retarded "balancing", and you can have fun playing around with your builds. Or better yet, switch genre and play a tactical or whatever.
End or rant, going to sleep.

Cheers. It's the alchol, I swear, allow me ONE retarded thread after years of honorable service.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Cheers mate,have a soft morning ;).

Yeah,not many rpgs out there this days. At least there are some good action RPGs like ELEX and anything that Spider puts out, Kingdom Come was pretty good. As for CRPG well all the good ones are AA or indi,i personally know that will enjoy the next spiderweb game,the nu bard could be good,pathfinder kingmaker and disco communism could be really good. As a whole there are good games,not frequently as i want to but still there are.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Just because you dont like PoE2 it doesnt mean you dislike all rpgs. Sawyer doesnt make them all. This is a niche genre and there can be empty years between good games. Thats why we need people like you to remind us that there was glory in the past, not all shit is acceptable.

KK1001

Arbiter
If you don't like indie pixel roguelites or open world third person walking sims just quit gaming doofus

Twizman

Scholar
RPGs from the past can be modded. I believe in their potential, as I've experienced many already great games transformed for the better. There are some super talented guys out there.

Drowed

Arcane
There are so many great RPGs to play, how can you say that?

ss_1f4dc9e7981cfb8cc23ffe7b8dd4098bf4cae3a2.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a6078a67b617f064f4f8549ed9d77b682f01fc6f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_27ff88e6f1428a8455fe3eb817e8775b9d6007f8.1920x1080.jpg

ss_60a422b99f039bdd06f75f1eae29e8fba7c83810.1920x1080.jpg

ss_bbe321d7abbf2b7608dd93923bec8645f13caf3a.1920x1080.jpg

:thisisfine:

Last edited:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I can remember the last/'modern' 3 good rpgs I played.

Fallout
Fallout 2
Vampire the masquerade

Runner up: knights of the chalice

Edit/clarification- rpgs suck

Edit #2- I just stated fallout 1&2 'modern'. Please kill me

makchanka

Arbiter

Fallout
Fallout 2
Vampire the masquerade

Sounds like age will get you before any of us can.

I've been thinking about getting Knights of the Chalice on and off, but I thought it was basically just a low-fi version of something like Troika's ToEE. I loved the mechanics in ToEE, but the dialog. Oh god the dialog. Would you really put it in league with FO1 and Vampire the Masquerade? Is there anything in the way of c&c?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Fallout
Fallout 2
Vampire the masquerade

Sounds like age will get you before any of us can.

I've been thinking about getting Knights of the Chalice on and off, but I thought it was basically just a low-fi version of something like Troika's ToEE. I loved the mechanics in ToEE, but the dialog. Oh god the dialog. Would you really put it in league with FO1 and Vampire the Masquerade? Is there anything in the way of c&c?
KotC is really good combat game,it is pretty hard too,but it is shit for a storyfag.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I haven't played a single computer game this year, just tabletop. I seem to have no enthusiasm left.

:negative:

Theldaran

Liturgist
I feel you, bro.

I'm even considering dropping the majority of geek hobbies, in no small part because geeks around here seem to be contaminated by retarded leftism. It's a plague spreading. I can no longer identify with most of those things (both the hobbies and the retarded left), they are in the past. I'm 35 now and in need of a new, brighter life.

Mortmal

Arcane
You found the perfect place to post then, no one really likes them here either. And even if a good one is released once in a blue moon someone will review to tell you how utter shit it is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I recall correctly, there was a guy on the Codex who was so traumatized by PoE1 that he couldn't play anything for like a year afterwards.

The game that finally broke his dry spell - STASIS. So maybe go play some adventure games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom