Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

copx plays Euro Truck Simulator 2!

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Speaking of driving: I am currently playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and what they say is true: That game is way more fun when one would imagine.

I am currently hauling cargo all across Italy while listening to the Danish Classic radio station and it is one of the most relaxing things ever.
02-640x360.jpg

Being a true Codexer I roleplay of course. I gave my character Italian looks and an Italian name and I only buy Italian trucks despite the fact that they are the worst and focus on tours within Italy. Basically I am roleplaying an Italian nationalist trucker who listens to classical music why fantasizing about removing kebab.

Normally I am not fond of Italians but the environment in Italy is so much nicer than in Northern Europe. My first character started in Sweden, driving mighty Volvos (best trucks in the game) but the enviroment there is so drab and depressing. Got even worse once I got to Poland. Never again.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
A German who likes Euro Truck Simulator. Shocking.
No, this does not compare to the other "work simulator" games which are indeed unusually popular in Germany.

Euro Truck Simulator is amazing. I have been playing computer games for a quarter of a century and this is one of the best games I have ever played. Note that I do not play any other "work simulator" games.

It is hard to describe the appeal of Euro Truck Simulator in words, though. Again one should think simply hauling cargo from A to B would become real old, real fast but it is actually unbelievably relaxing.

Like an hour ago I drove from Genoa to Nice, staring at sunset, and as the night fell it started to rain, and Mozart was playing on the radio (the game has built-in internet radio) and it just felt so nice and relaxing.
SApM2Pr.jpg

Actual screenshot from my trip

It takes a while to get there though. I needed two trips to become somewhat comfortable with the controls, about eight to become so comfortable with them that my brain could start driving on autopilot and I could actually enjoy the scenery (at that point I also finally realized that there was no reason to stare at the navigation system all the time - you really only need it in the cities).

Now the game keeps my brain occupied just enough to stop it from becoming bored but without putting any real strain on it. And the game just looks and "feels" great. Again, it is hard to describe.

And there is really nothing particularly German about it. A lot of people (mostly non-Germans) had exactly the same reaction to the game I had which made the game an internet meme. That's the only reason why I even heard about it. It's always "LOL why would I want to 'play' that?!" to "Wow, this game is actually amazing."

Not saying that it's for everyone but it is certainly my favorite method of relaxation at the moment. Only with Classic music radio in the background though. It's strange, normally I am not a big fan of classical music except for Chopin's Nocturnes..

.. which are divine. But the combination really does it for me for some reason.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent

How realistic is it? Is it good training for driving an actual truck?
If driving a real truck were this easy (and this well-paid), I would become a trucker in an instant.

Does it let you plow through crowds at festivals?
You need the Allahu Akbar mod for that. Unfortunately that mod comes bundled with the Sharia mod which disables loans, so you will have to do a lot of Quick Jobs before you can buy your own truck and start spreading peace.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Euro Truck Horror Game Edition: Alone in the Dark
WPirxmt.jpg

TJQT5Zh.jpg

Not so alone in the Dark
n1goybJ.jpg

Sunset
IrNlLue.jpg

I am in love with this "game". Don't judge me! ;)

Check out my truck
eIhZad0.jpg

That Italian flag paint job cost 20,000 Euro but you gotta represent. And yes the game has character skills and XP, so it's basically a RPG. :P

Sorry, that was my last Euro Truck shitpost. I promise.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Okay, I just said I would stop Euro Truck shitposting but I changed my mind. This is as inexplicably fun as the game itself.

Just found out that the game has dirt roads too, but only to construction sites, mines and stuff like that I think:
TKAYPwC.jpg

The rain reminds me of something else I discovered..
Tmjsq1J.jpg

At first I thought that I had to hit the windshield wiper key twice to turn them off was a bug.. I underestimated how hardcore this game is: Your wipers actually have different speed settings just like real ones.

Anyway, for variety I switched to listening to the 90s country radio station and liked it! I have never liked country music one bit but somehow I love it while trucking. And well, technically country music is even more racist than classical music. Kinda out of character for an Italian, though.
TfykRhc.jpg

Last but not least I already have like 15 hours play time but I still kinda suck:
NuBB8F8.jpg

I needed a dozen attempts to get my truck in there without damaging the trailer. Seriously, fuck that facility. This is NOT a truck friendly entrance, people!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Withdraw that "No"-rating copx.

We ran the numbers and you have 17 posts in General Gaming.

Not 17%... just seventeen.

You can easily double that number now with Euro Truck spam without a shred of guilt. In fact, odds are good you'll start up some interesting conversation as non-Germans will be flabbergasted by the game.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
ETS2 is a quality game indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom