Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Meat Boy Forever: Super Meat Boy sequel

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
http://www.supermeatboy.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/super-meat-boy-forever/home

Will the father of modern sadistic precision platformers manage to revive the interest in this genre?
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/31/super-meat-boy-forever-out-in-2018/
Super Meat Boy Forever auto-running into 2018
Super Meat Boy Forever [official site], the auto-running sequel to 2010’s super-rad deadly platformer, has reappeared after several years in that Team Meat ‘missing-presumed-cancelled’ limbo state. Team Meat last night announced it’ll hit in 2018. Forever is an auto-runner, sure, but just as deadly and tricky as ever. This time, Meat Boy and Bandage Girl do have the ability to fight back, biffing enemies as they dash around. Forever also brings the twist of procedurally-generated levels which regenerate into a more difficult variant each time you beat them. Peep the re-announcement trailer:

The controls are on two buttons only as our squishfriends runs along, which contextually become a jump, a jump attack, a dive, and a slide.

“Two buttons doesn’t mean less control, it means we designed levels to use two buttons,” Team Meat say. “You can get a surprising amount of movement and precision by designing levels that complement your controls.”

I’ve called Super Meat Boy Forever an auto-runner but Team Meat consider that a little reductive:

“To describe Super Meat Boy Forever as an auto-runner would be a disservice. It’s like saying that Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a game about a swordsman. Meat Boy / Bandage Girl do always run, but there is so much more to the game than running. They can attack enemies, they can dash through the air, there are tons of levels, there are bosses, there are secrets, and there is a surprising amount of difficulty that doesn’t feel unfair. It’s everything you would expect a Super Meat Boy sequel to be.”

Maybe it’ll even teach me the true meaning of friendship and save my marriage.

Super Meat Boy Forever is due in 2018. Team Meat say they hope to have it out before summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Mynon shills shit, as usual
And he keeps using the Incline prefix for his shitty threads.
How does someone accrue 3400 shit ratings in the span of 4 months just joined at a 3:1 ratio for their posts?
Have you seen most of his other posts (the ones he hasn't deleted out of shame, anyway)? He practically begs for it.
No, I haven't been paying attention.
All things considered, that's probably a good thing.

v1rus

Arcane
Why are ya guys so negative? I loved the shit out of the first game back in the day.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Edmund McMillen just released another game on PC that was very meatboy-like a month ago, so I don't really see why this is a big deal either.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Why are ya guys so negative? I loved the shit out of the first game back in the day.
Because I posted this. Exact same news or announcement that would garner buncha brofists if it was to be posted by any other member, received instant shit ratings if I am the one posting it. Joke or meme that would receive laughing rating, receives shit ratings. Those ratings appear so fast that it is obvious that they aren't even reading any of it.
I am actually pleased with it as it only proves my point about this place, and it does the same for any neutral outside observer. So, do have your fun boys...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Because I posted this. Exact same news or announcement that would garner buncha brofists if it was to be posted by any other member, received instant shit ratings if I am the one posting it. Joke or meme that would receive laughing rating, receives shit ratings. Those ratings appear so fast that it is obvious that they aren't even reading any of it.
I am actually pleased with it as it only proves my point about this place, and it does the same for any neutral outside observer. So, do have your fun boys...
You strike me as a faggot.

Zenith

Arbiter
The father of freestyle momentum platformers is actually n, and it's alive and well.
This, on the other hand, goes in exactly the opposite direction from both freestyle and momentum, leaving only the trial-and-error muscle memory gameplay the original was accused of by some casuals.

crakkie

Arcane
I would get it if DannyB was doing a new or even expanded SMB soundtrack. He and Team Meat had some weird breakup that was never really cleared up, unless I missed something since.

crakkie

Arcane
This Storefront War is gonna be entertaining over the next couple years.

And the music is crap compared to the original, as expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom