Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Beta when. Do you guys need testers?

Goldhawk

Goldhawk Interactive
Developer
Yes it was meant for you, I wanted to share it to others as well. :)

What I can tell you is that the game is set in a fictional wartorn eastern-european country, where your group is tasked to hunt down members of a terrorist network. The strategic map is realized as a "real-time satellite image" that you use to explore, investigate leads and plan missions.

It's a cool looking game, good-luck with it!

xmd1997

Educated
Yes it was meant for you, I wanted to share it to others as well. :)

What I can tell you is that the game is set in a fictional wartorn eastern-european country, where your group is tasked to hunt down members of a terrorist network. The strategic map is realized as a "real-time satellite image" that you use to explore, investigate leads and plan missions.
I appreciate the response!
At this point, I'm just happy that ya'll seem to be alive and well.

If the information on their site is still current it's Brekovia. Between the Ukraine, Romania and the Black Sea.

and they have drained most of the marshlands of the Danube Delta :argh:

phosphorus

Iron Sight
Developer
It's a cool looking game, good-luck with it!
Thanks! I am also happy to see Xenonauts 2 having such success in Kickstarter. :)

If the information on their site is still current it's Brekovia. Between the Ukraine, Romania and the Black Sea.

and they have drained most of the marshlands of the Danube Delta :argh:
Brekovia is correct. The information on the site might be bit dated, the actual location is not so specific as in that old illustration.

Here is a low-resolution preview of the current map:
qNbhnse.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So there's a map, but how it's planned to be used in game?
Will it be broken into sectors Jagged Alliance style (I think this is unlikely because the massive amount of work needed to create content to every sector), or will it show mission centric hotspots like Fallout Tactics and Silent Storms did (with or without random encounters), perhaps its "just" a screen where you pick next mission?

phosphorus

Iron Sight
Developer
So there's a map, but how it's planned to be used in game?
Will it be broken into sectors Jagged Alliance style (I think this is unlikely because the massive amount of work needed to create content to every sector), or will it show mission centric hotspots like Fallout Tactics and Silent Storms did (with or without random encounters), perhaps its "just" a screen where you pick next mission?
You are right, there won't be sectors. There is movement along the roads to mission locations and encounters might happen on the way. It is real-time with pause kind of thing (PS. my favorite old school X-Com is Apocalypse).

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Can't believe it's only now that I come across this. It looks amazing! Far more excited to see what comes from this than any modern snuff game featuring the repeated rape of JA's corpse.

Isn't "Finnish lunatic" kind of tautological, though?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Just popping in, and nice to see "Finnish lunatic" taking on this holy grail of games.

I wanted to remark that the presented indoor areas require very heavy computing with line of sight, deformation and ultimately AI. So I don't know if this is really thought through to the end.

phosphorus

Iron Sight
Developer
Can't believe it's only now that I come across this. It looks amazing! Far more excited to see what comes from this than any modern snuff game featuring the repeated rape of JA's corpse.

Isn't "Finnish lunatic" kind of tautological, though?
Nice to hear it!

Just popping in, and nice to see "Finnish lunatic" taking on this holy grail of games.

I wanted to remark that the presented indoor areas require very heavy computing with line of sight, deformation and ultimately AI. So I don't know if this is really thought through to the end.
Yeah I have been on this quest for a long time.

You are correct, the calculations can get pretty complex. In case you are interested, I will write few random technical details here:
  • The tile system in End State is based on 1m*1m*1m tiles (basically voxels, though we don't render them that way).
  • The large building in the above pictures technically has nine floors that each are 1 meter high.
  • Most buildings are made from 1 meter wide architectural pieces (positioned between tiles), for example 10 meter wall often is 10 separate pieces.
  • All architectural and other objects are destructable, only exception is the ground.
  • There is a structure integrity system, which calculates whether architectural pieces have enough support, if not they will collapse.
  • There are breaching charges and other explosives that you can use to take advantage of these systems.
  • There is a bullet penetration system, where each level object has a resistance value that is used to calculate if and how well each projectile will penetrate. High-powered rifle rounds often penetrate through multiple walls.
  • There is a fog-of-war system that illuminates all tiles seen by unit each time it moves or turns, this means calculating through a lot of tiles. It is a multithreaded operation and pretty fast.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
This looks ... awesome! Will there be a story or are you connecting the game through single missions, like SWAT 4? Can we expect some Sci-Fi-Aspects or are all enemies variation of armed military people? Do we get rocket launchers and destructable environments?

Last edited:

xmd1997

Educated
This looks ... awesome! Will there be a story or are you connecting the game through single missions, like SWAT 4? Can we expect some Sci-Fi-Aspects or are all enemies variation of armed military people. Do we get rocket launchers and destructable environments?
Yes/No, No, Yes, NO and Yes.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Discord stuff:
HenchaLast Thursday at 2:30 PM
I was playtesting it yesterday for hours, the tactical gameplay is best I've ever seen, but the strategic / metagame still needs work before you peeps can try it

HenchaLast Thursday at 3:56 PM
I would love to post videos and pics, but I think @phosphorous would bust my balls for doing it prematurely

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom