Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
For what it's worth, I'm not incapacitated. I just think I'm going to die when Sreng gets his 2 haxing attacks. I would rather unleash 2 vials of Altalantian whoopass on him first. Blow him to bits and he wont regenerate I imagine. If I land a hit with my spear it might do him in. 6-7 +1d6 with a good chance of 1d6 fire to boot. But unseen servant is a dick.

Potions: I have 2 healing potions from the goblin guy.
You're overthinking it. Just kick/stab him in the family jewels.

Tried that. Twice. Without success.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For what it's worth, I'm not incapacitated. I just think I'm going to die when Sreng gets his 2 haxing attacks. I would rather unleash 2 vials of Altalantian whoopass on him first. Blow him to bits and he wont regenerate I imagine. If I land a hit with my spear it might do him in. 6-7 +1d6 with a good chance of 1d6 fire to boot. But unseen servant is a dick.

Potions: I have 2 healing potions from the goblin guy.
You're overthinking it. Just kick/stab him in the family jewels.

Tried that. Twice. Without success.
Shit, my bad, just krump him in the gut.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would popping herolight be a good or bad thing, guys? We might need more muscle.

My only other plan is to try and distract the big guy with poetry.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The fight has gathered quite the crowd of on-lookers. Out of the corner of your eye you can see people passing bets, and plenty of "oohs" and "ahhs" escape their lips as the ferocious melee progresses. Several clap when the torrent of water rises out of the river and starts battering Sreng and his cohorts. Meanwhile, Moggle is firmly fixed in Sreng's grasp, now being held by the throat and waved around like a sort of make-shift shield by Sreng, it looks like he's probably suffocating.

Several guards also seem to have gathered around the fringes of the crowd; (everyone can make an insight roll if they wish to).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr takes a moment to read the body language of the guards; they seem to want no part of this scrum. Some are smiling and and seem quite happy to observe and appear to be waiting for something.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sreng's Parry (74%-30%=44%) roll [1d100] = 69
Sreng's Armor roll vs Marcan [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4

Sreng tries to recover from being battered by the torrent of water, and parries a shade too late to stop Marcan's blade. The flaming falcata rips through his abdomen and spills his intestines at his feet with a loud, wet *plop*. Sreng fumbles around and drops Moggle to clutch at his ropy innards and looks up with an expression that seems equal parts annoyed and confused. A second or two later he topples backward and lands with a resounding crash on the dock that breaks several planks and echoes loudly across the water.

A hush washes over the assembled crowd, and the remaining ogres look on in dumbfounded shock before one-by-one they drop their clubs on the ground and hold their hands over their heads. "Weze done. We not want any more." one of them says pathetically.

Suddenly you can hear muttered curses and tittering laughter coming from the crowd as bets are paid off, and accounts settled. The guards melt into the crowd and disappear, seemingly uninterested in whomever can slay a giant.

Moggle picks himself up off of the ground looking battered and bruised, and soaking wet. He shakes out his furry face and wrings out the hem of his cloak and a sopping wet, felt hat with a now badly mangled blue and white feather hangling limply from it. He smiles wanly and limps a little bit toward Marcan and Rhenmyr, "Thank ye laddies. I doon ken how things woulda turned oot if'n ye hadnae stepped in. I think they was just aboot tae git bored of playing catch with me in there." He reaches into his belt and produces a stunning looking gold brooch with a large sapphire set into it. "Whew, I was worried this got dropped in all the commotion." Nearly simultaneously, he reaches a finger into a small, mouse-skin coin purse and produces an odd-looking gold coin with 8 sides. He tosses it to Marcan and winks, "Ye've earned it laddie; it's me good luck charm, but after whatcha done fer me, I owe ya. Rub that when yer in dire need and may it git ye out of a jam like it done fer me."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"Try not to get into too much trouble next time, my small friend. Now I believe it is high time to get moving, we've attracted something of an audience."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr stabs Sreng's corpse in the face before sitting down heavily. "Glad I could distract his foot with my head to aid you in felling him, Marcan. I guess we can add giant slayer to your titles. Well done! And table leg to mine. Thank you, by the way. I was seriously considering blowing myself up. Solon, good stuff with the water!" Wrapping his head, he looks over the ogres. "You lot work for us now. Any problem with that? We've further daring to do and there is no doubt loot to be had!"

Head wrapped but ears still ringing a bit, Rhenmyr searches Sreng stabbing him again for good measure.

Physik(62): [1d100] = 23
Physik healing: [2d3] = 4

Last edited:
Amon warily sheaths his swords.

"Solon, you do surprise me. I'd buy you a drink for your timely incantation, if I had more than a couple coins in my posession. Good thing this lot is nothing more than a bunch of bullies, who quit when their leader meets their end."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Urash stands down, relieved.

"A gallant rescue to be sure, friends. I only wish I could have been of more use."

Haven't been very proactive, sorry. Sick kid at home.
I wish your kid a speedy recovery.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr stabs Sreng's corpse in the face before sitting down heavily. "Glad I could distract his foot with my head to aid you in felling him, Marcan. I guess we can add giant slayer to your titles. Well done! And table leg to mine. Thank you, by the way. I was seriously considering blowing myself up. Solon, good stuff with the water!" Wrapping his head, he looks over the ogres. "You lot work for us now. Any problem with that? We've further daring to do and there is no doubt loot to be had!"

Head wrapped but ears still ringing a bit, Rhenmyr searches Sreng stabbing him again for good measure.

Physik(62): [1d100] = 23
Physik healing: [2d3] = 4
Rhenmyr takes a minute or two tend to the massive purple bruise that is welling up on the whole left side of his torso where Sreng struck him with his boot and finally the pain overtakes him and he's forced to sit down for about ten minutes.
Make a Charisma roll, if that passes add +10% to a Bargain roll to see if you can convince the de facto leader of these louts vs. their Idea Roll
Ogre's opposed Idea roll vs. Rhenmyr trying to conscript them (45%): roll [1d100] = 74%
He failed, so as long as you have a success or better on your bargain, or don't fumble, they agree or the negotiation for service continues.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Once Rhenmyr recovers from his momentary incapacitation, he goes over Sreng's body and finds a large pouch (small for him) worn on a thong around his neck. Inside are 270 copper coins, 67 silver and 24 gold coins, all stamped in octagonal shapes and imprinted with strange faces. He's also wearing a gem-studded leather girdle around his mid-section, you unbuckle it and when you do so it shrinks in your hands from roughly 10 feet long to 3. The tooling on it depicts a hunting scene starting from one end and working toward the other, wherein a horned man and his dogs (or wolves?) are chasing a hart through the woods.

Solon stammers and huffs a bit at Amon's compliment, "Well t'was nothing really, just a bit of coaxing and shaping of forces you know? Besides, I don't think you're going to have to pay for any drinks." He motions over to Moggle who hides his limp and swaggers up to the partially ruined tavern.

A despondent, pointy-eared alemonger is picking over broken tables and chairs and inspects the considerable damage to the doors to his establishment. Moggle snaps his fingers and cries out, "Come good fellow, it takes custom to make money and money to make repairs. No use crying over spilled milk, bring me and my fellows three flagons of ale and some of that curdled buttermilk. Lucky for you my friends showed up to evict the miscreants before they did some real damage." Moggle scatters a handful of highly polished copper coins on the bar top and drums his paw on the heavily gouged, burled surface. The owner scowls and mutters under his breath before sweeping the coins off of the counter top into his apron. A few moments later he brings several flagons of sweet-smelling wine, and a saucer of buttlermilk that Moggle greedily slurps up. Moggle grabs his arm when he turns around to leave, "Six roast pullets, a haunch of mutton, some of those nice roasted leeks I can smell coming from the kitchen, and bring me the perch glazed with apricot sauce and stuffed mushrooms. We're famished after saving your establishment from those brutes. And quickly, we haven't got all day." The man nods and slumps his shoulders and walks away into the kitchen. A second or two later there is a loud crash of pots and pans coming from the back. Moggle's smile nearly splits his face and takes another gulp of milk before sitting back and patting his ample belly. "Come friends, have a seat and enjoy a meal at my expense. I can't recommend the buttermilk enough; it's divine."

Don't forget you can apply Physik to each individual wound you received, if you fail your roll you have to wait an hour before trying again, but other people might be able to apply physik for you. If you fumble, you inflict 2D3 damage to yourself instead.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
The three four remaining ogres (two of whom are badly wounded) sit heavily on the dock outside of the tavern and tend to their wounds inexpertly and sulk.

Siveon

Bot
"If you don't mind friend Moggle, I want to see if we can get a bit more muscle for our little expedition. Also I want to examine that girdle afterward Rhenmyr, it looks like it has a story to tell."

Marcán approaches the current leader of the ogres. "I have felled your leader and most likely your main source of gold. You've made a wise decision in surrendering, now how about you take up my friend's offer in having you all join us? I can offer you all a share of the food and plunder should you follow our orders, and we can try and tend to your wounded. Sound fair?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"If you don't mind friend Moggle, I want to see if we can get a bit more muscle for our little expedition. Also I want to examine that girdle afterward Rhenmyr, it looks like it has a story to tell."

Marcán approaches the current leader of the ogres. "I have felled your leader and most likely your main source of gold. You've made a wise decision in surrendering, now how about you take up my friend's offer in having you all join us? I can offer you all a share of the food and plunder should you follow our orders, and we can try and tend to your wounded. Sound fair?"
The ogres mull over Marcán's honeyed words and they seem to agree . . . the words "food" and "plunder" in particular seemed to catch their attention.

Just as a matter of speeding things up, my official examination of the girdle (if I am lent it) and to see if it has any particular note?
World Lore (70) vs [1d100] = 7
You don't know anything about this particular girdle, but the scene depicted on the broad belt is clearly Herne or Cernunoss leading the wild hunt. Clearly the girdle has some sort of enchantment on it as well judging from the way it shrunk in Rhenmyr's hands. and you suspect its enchantment to be related to the scene depicted in some way; perhaps greater endurance, speed, or some such is imparted to the wearer? Only one way to find out . . .

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
If somebody (basically whomever is their leader, so probably Marcán) wants to keep track of the 4 ogre's stats on your character sheet, they are identical (more or less) So just record one set of characteristics and 4 sets of hit points.
STR 19
CON 13
SIZ 22
INT 8
POW 13
DEX 6
APP 6
Mov 8
HP 18
Dmg bonus +1d6
Armor: 1d3 point hide
Club 40% 1D10+db
skills: (most are base skills as per the skills description or the character sheet, otherwise): Climb 35%, Nature 40%, Hide 35%, Sense 45%, Dodge 12%
2 have 7 points of wounds, and one has 5 points of wounds after a couple of them did physik on themselves

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán tests out the girdle and instantly it conforms itself to your dimensions. Its thick leather covers most of your mid-section and looks like it could turn a blade at least somewhat (add 1 point of armor to your armor total). You take a few steps and you almost instantly feel quicker and faster as if your stride has somehow just lengthened (MOV increases by +2 to 10). Make an INTx1 roll or tell me if you are attempting any other sort of experimentation.

Siveon

Bot
INT (15) vs [1d100] = 37
Marcán tests out any possible negative effects, he starts by eating some of the meal laid out for him. Increased hunger or perhaps a higher tolerance for drink.

"So how say we divvy up this gold even? 3 gold, 9 silver each. We use the rest to tend to our wounded later, after we deal with the island."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom