Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
preposterous

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Bocian

Arcane
You should also remember to start sentences with a capital letter and end with a full stop.
Nigga thats diablo 3 avatar?
Yeah, what about it?

Blizzard is back-stabbing cancer from california
I don't see a logical connection.

Who developed and published diablo

:deathclaw:

norolim

Arcane
You should also remember to start sentences with a capital letter and end with a full stop.
Nigga thats diablo 3 avatar?
Yeah, what about it?

Blizzard is back-stabbing cancer from california
I don't see a logical connection.

Who developed and published diablo
What do I care?
Son, I told you there was no logical connection. Take a hint and stop before you paint yourself into an even tighter corner.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Norolim is taken from "noro lim asfaloth", from Lord of the Rings? Congrats, buddy, this is supra retarded.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well all the stout defenders got tired of deflecting every criticism and decided to play the game for a first time only after a month of release. Not much to be said about the game,still waiting for the review.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
6 weeks after release and grammar is all there is to talk about...

Dumpsterfire

:dead:

Well, yeah, kind of. It's not a masterpiece, that's for sure, even good stuff like Old City and Fort Deadlight are a bit trivial in the end, though they are highlights. Deadfire is functional and has a fair amount of moments that are constructed well, that's all I can say about it, really. It won't light anyone's world on fire. The content isn't absorbing or intriguing, it's just there to be consumed because it's a game, if you get what I mean. I've actually somewhat stopped my playthrough and decided to play Beneath a Steel Sky (I'm aching for dystopian/cyberpunk games for some reason) first. It's a combination of factors why that is, I'll probably wait until the next big patch (which they said will be soon) to see if they tuned some higher level stuff to continue.

Last edited:
Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Dumpsterfire is made by dipshits who cut avellone's work for the first game, then drop him entirely. Then they prioritise garbage like full VA, ship minigame, 1000 dual class powergaming autism (except they don't even bother to balance PoTD on release so I guess not), over actually important things like plot and companions. Even the setting is mediocre and the factions are super contrived when you notice all four are roughly equal in strength and all give quests that lead to you having an easy way to the (SHIT!!!!) endgame.

I'm having much more fun replaying Spyro the Dragon, which is arguably the best rpg of all time, and didn't cost me anything. The Virgin injury&rest system Versus the Chad barbecue a sheep so your dragonfly buddy can eat a butterfly.

I should have been sensible and not bought it when the news came of them being insufficiently respectful to Lord Avellone. But even then, he didn't write White March, and White March was way better than Dumpsterfire. What happened?

Lacrymas

Arcane
The rules do mean something if you want to show you aren't an illiterate pleb in the current moment. For example, you'll get points off a paper if you write "thou" instead of "you". A firm grasp of a language is very attractive and demonstrates you are well-read. It's kind of an oversimplification to say "languages evolve, deal with it", they don't change depending on an individual person's whim and random wrong usage of words/grammar, even Wittgenstein wouldn't accept such arbitrary changes, they do it through repetition over a significant amount of time. Slang changes with each generation, but it's still within a non-trivial time span.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The rules do mean something if you want to show you aren't an illiterate pleb in the current moment. For example, you'll get points off a paper if you write "thou" instead of "you". A firm grasp of a language is very attractive and demonstrates you are well-read. It's kind of an oversimplification to say "languages evolve, deal with it", they don't change depending on an individual person's whim and random wrong usage of words/grammar, even Wittgenstein wouldn't accept such arbitrary changes, they do it through repetition over a significant amount of time. Slang changes with each generation, but it's still within a non-trivial time span.

Yes but a fucking RPG wankery forum is not a research paper or business document.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'd think being able to eloquently express your opinion on a subject is an ideal thing on a forum. You know, the reason they exist.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
maxresdefault.jpg
dragon_warrior-castle.png

Hmm, better than PoE? Discuss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom