Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you remember back when...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ban all 2017 and 2018 newfags

So I've bean playing CRPGs and strategy games for about 28 years, and just decided to join this nest of scum and villiany recently...but I'm a newfag by Codexian standard's?. Hmmm. I am shocked.
Don't despair neophyte,the way of the codex is hard and painful. You should prepare yourself for the journey is perilous.

Oh also agentorange is an edgy teen bitch that likes to troll,sadly she is also a communist and being funny is not one of their strong points.

Bocian

Arcane
rating_citation.png

There are no women in the internet.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
However, there have been a number of worthwhile CRPGs released in the last three years that aren't similar to PoE; for example, Age of Decadence, Underrail, The Witcher III, Dragon's Dogma (originally a 2012 console release), Salt & Sanctuary, Stranger of Sword City, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Nier: Automata, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and above all Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.
  1. Underrail rules. Wiedzmin 3 rules. Slavs rule.
  2. Nier Automata sucks
  3. Can someone explain that Grimoire meme?
  4. Haven't played the rest
  5. You forgot Elex

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
back when Pillars of Eternity was launching and people were saying that it was more than a cash grab at our nostalgia, that it would revive a dead genre.

The game would have turned out much better if it had been made to cash at our nostalgia. Instead it had to be about Sawyer self-indulgent retarded notions of balance and fixing what wasn't broken.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's he and Feargus' fear of the game being too weird or niche that fucked it over. Sawyer says plain as day they made it generic as hell on purpose, which was a terrible decision. I'm nearing the end and all in all I enjoyed it to be honest, but it was a slog just because of how banal it is. Snoooooooooze.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Elex was really fun and Kingdom Come soothes simulationist autism.
Apparently Spellforce 3 is really good too but I haven't played it. fantadomat vouches for it and he's by far my favorite poster on this site.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well that thread turned surprisingly friendly,it is nice to read it after going on a anti-sjw hate posting :). Also i believe that thesheeep also enjoyed Spellforce 3. The game does have one of the best writing in the past few years.

:love:

Ladonna

Arcane
How many Cleve lookalikes are avatar pictures in the game?

As for the topic, things are better than they were. That isn't saying much though.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
mgjklgjfdkl can't get anything but shit and retraded ratings even with something as exceptionally safe as bashing wl2/poe/tton.
He's like this shit covered face kid in the courtyard that noone wants to play or talk with.
It's sad.

So goddamn sad. :negative:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
mgjklgjfdkl can't get anything but shit and retraded ratings even with something as exceptionally safe as bashing wl2/poe/tton.
He's like this shit covered face kid in the courtyard that noone wants to play or talk with.
It's sad.

So goddamn sad. :negative:
Go and be his friend then oh brave warrior of justice! ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom