Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your backlog

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
As of today, the Steam summer sale is on. However a few days ago some benevolent redditor (likely a paid employee of a competing storefront) recently told everyone on r/pcgaming how to view your total spend on Steam. I was slightly stunned by my total, about £500 since 2015, and have vowed to cut back. This was particularly galling because I have prided myself on being "patient" and not buying games until they were going cheap in "GOTY" or "Definitive" editions.

Then I went through my Steam and GOG libraries and found all the games I've bought but never even installed. There are a few CRPGs I probably first heard about lurking here: Arcanum, Fallout 2 and of course the venerable codex classic Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. There are also things I really should have found time to try like Portal 2 and Bioshock 2 and Infinite. The full list is somewhat concerning and perhaps somewhat incriminating: at some point it seems I even purchased Tomb Raider 2013 (surely due to clerical error).

What have you bought and never installed?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd have to list hundreds of games probably. I was really going overboard with games in general for quite a while there, which is part of what led to a burnout that caused me to step back from the entire hobby for a few years. Even now, vowing to try really hard to stick to the genres I really love, it's hard to imagine playing everything I want to before I die. And that's if nothing new is released, ever!

not even the first of the list, very far from it, i installed splinter cell blacklist on august 1st 2016. still waiting its first launch.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have around 150 games on my backlog, Steam and GOG account combined. This is why I'm not buying any new games (except a few kickstarter pledges) for years. After I finish my backlog in 2030, I'll start buying games again.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
image.png

Ocelot

Learned
I have no idea.

For example, I checked similar games to DOOM and ended up finding Shadow Warrior 2. Cool, I thought. Let's see how good Shadow Warrior 1 is as well. Turns out I already have SW1.

Then I checked humble bundle for the free Shadowrun game. Cool, I thought, more cyberpunk games for my collection. Turns out I added Shadowrun inmy library in 2014.

Playing games on PC is fun. You buy so many games for cheap and get so many games for free you can easily lose track of them.

the_shadow

Arcane
As of today, the Steam summer sale is on. However a few days ago some benevolent redditor (likely a paid employee of a competing storefront) recently told everyone on r/pcgaming how to view your total spend on Steam. I was slightly stunned by my total, about £500 since 2015, and have vowed to cut back. This was particularly galling because I have prided myself on being "patient" and not buying games until they were going cheap in "GOTY" or "Definitive" editions.

Then I went through my Steam and GOG libraries and found all the games I've bought but never even installed. There are a few CRPGs I probably first heard about lurking here: Arcanum, Fallout 2 and of course the venerable codex classic Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. There are also things I really should have found time to try like Portal 2 and Bioshock 2 and Infinite. The full list is somewhat concerning and perhaps somewhat incriminating: at some point it seems I even purchased Tomb Raider 2013 (surely due to clerical error).

What have you bought and never installed?

Heaps, but I always buy on sale when they are less than $10. Most of my purchases are older games I'll play eventually anyway. Also, 500 pounds over a few years isn't much for a hobby.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have no idea.

For example, I checked similar games to DOOM and ended up finding Shadow Warrior 2. Cool, I thought. Let's see how good Shadow Warrior 1 is as well. Turns out I already have SW1.

Then I checked humble bundle for the free Shadowrun game. Cool, I thought, more cyberpunk games for my collection. Turns out I added Shadowrun inmy library in 2014.

Playing games on PC is fun. You buy so many games for cheap and get so many games for free you can easily lose track of them.

Yeah, this is about the shape of it. When I am scratching around looking for something new to play I wind up browsing storefronts instead of looking at the stuff I already own.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It's funny, I was thinking something similar as OP today while adding and removing items from the Steam cart.

Then I've decided to go through all games in my library and got surprised how much is there I've not touched.

My next decision was to install 3 titles and in doing so, I'm cured of the sale fever.

Got Senua's Sacrifice, Fahrenheit remaster and Hotline Miami waiting for their turn after DOS2.

Good thread OP.

Venser

Erudite
I have 285 games in my Steam library and I played 7 of them.
78 games in my gog library and I beat 6 of them.
Go figure.

It gets a little better when it comes to physical games but whenever I try to play something these days I start thinking "I could be playing Quake/Starcraft right now..." and I go back to my ways even tho I'd want to play other games. I also stopped buying and collecting games, I would only buy a game if I'd know for certain that I'm going to play it in next few days.

Last edited:

Syme

Arbiter
I usually only buy a couple of new games at the big Steam sales every few months, so I don't have too big of a backlog and I do eventually get around to playing all my games. The notable exception would be Satellite Reign which has been on my SSD since 2015, fully installed and ready to go. I kinda kept putting it off in favor of other games and by now I'm afraid to give it a try only to be disappointed by it :|.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Don't really have much of a backlog. Spent £4 in the GOG summer sale for 4 games - that's my backlog. Oh and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I'm waiting to get a computer worthy of the game I've been wanting for my entire life.

PorkBarrellGuy

I really need to get around to System Shock 2 (got it for free on GOG a while back and been putting it off). Also UU1&2.

Mustawd

I own 360 games on steam. Played 60 and beat 30.

I stopped buying games because it’s pointless. At this rate it’ll take me 10 years to finish my backlog. I’ll buy more games at that point.

Well...maybe Phoenix Point. And olay Black Geyser when it comes out. But I think das it.

Mustawd

but they all suck LMAO

no madden
no MLB
just a bunch of gay ass indies and grindy rpgs

Next madden coming out on PC.

Also, just play Front Page Sports Baseball ‘94 on DOS. I remember as a kid going to a Sam’s Club and seeing DOOM 1 or 2 in the computer section. Played it the whole time my parents were buying toddler-sized containers of mustard and 1,000 toilet rolls or whatever.

Tried like hell convincing them to buy me DOOM, but as a gradeschooler my negotiating skills only got me Front Page Sport Baseball ‘94.

Went home to install it, but our POS IBM didn’t fit the specs.

My point is, I hope you play it and tell me if it’s any good. I would, but my backlog is so long....

47325-front-page-sports-baseball-94-dos-front-cover.jpg

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I have a ridiculously long list of games to play. But, what the actual fuck? I don't buy a game unless I'm set to play it right now.

You guys are weird.

Mustawd

I have a ridiculously long list of games to play. But, what the actual fuck? I don't buy a game unless I'm set to play it right now.

You guys are weird.

a lot of us grew up with not a lot of money or very good computers. Now when I finally have money I kinda have gone a little nuts buying older games I always wanted to play.

PorkBarrellGuy

You guys are weird.

do you fucking know where you are right now

also what mustawd said, I had a fucking AT clone with a CGA for a very long fucking time. Had to resort to friends in order to play a lot of the awesome shit that started showing up in EGA/VGA era and then early CDROM era.

sullynathan

Arcane
I own something like 250 games between GOG & STEAM. I wouldn't call them my backlog because I don't intend to play most it them

- Divinity: Original (Currently playing)
- Wasteland 2 (currently playing)
- Dungeon Rats (went as far as that girl with the crossbow, got rekt)
- Finish Geneforge 3 already
- Finish Starcraft already
- Finish Outlive already
- Underrail (once the expansion is out)
- Play AoD again with another build.
- Replay all Fallout games again
- Play Fallout Nevada

Syme

Arbiter

You guys are weird.

a lot of us grew up with not a lot of money or very good computers. Now when I finally have money I kinda have gone a little nuts buying older games I always wanted to play.

Yeah, but not just games I haven't played before. I've been buying old games I pirated back in the day because I always felt bad doing so (unlike say movies, screw Hollywood millionaires). In many cases the studio is long gone and I'm probably shooting money up the ass of nefarious publishers holding the rights, but it still feels like paying off a debt I incurred long ago. Don't know if I'm ever gonna play those games again though, many haven't aged well.

Falksi

Arcane
Just playing through Arcanum & Weaves of Fate. Got these to get through still:

PC

Anachronox
The Blackwell Legacy
Consortium
Drakensang
Dungeon Rats
King's Quest
The Last Door
The Last Express
Leisure Suit Larry 7
Oxenfree
KOTOR 2
Torment:TON
Tyranny
Vampire: TMB
Wasteland 2

PS4
Until Dawn

Plu a shed load of emulated games, mainly from the SNES era.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom