Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout What does Fallout make you think?

When it comes to Fallout, what describes you the best?

• Todd Howard is Godd! (Bethestard)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Bethesda ruined Fallout in every way. (Interfag)

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • New Vegas! Did I say New Vegas yet?! (Obsidrone)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • War. War never changes. (Welcome to RPG Codex... How in the hell did a normie get on this forum?)

• I think they all have their pros and cons. (Open-minded)

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Indifferent (I hope you find Atom)

• Me want bawls. (Ok)

• 1, 2 and New Vegas are the only good ones.

Votes: 44 43.6%
  • Fallout sucks! (You have stupid spirits)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Fallout series ends after Fallout 1 (monocled opinion)

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Never played them. (Try the originals, please!!!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
`But I, myself, who am myself, what have I to do with equality with any other man or woman? In the spirit, I am as separate as one star is from another, as different in quality and quantity. Establish a state on that. One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison. The minute you begin to compare, one man is seen to be far better than another, all the inequality you can imagine is there by nature. I want every man to have his share in the world's goods, so that I am rid of his importunity, so that I can tell him: "Now you've got what you want -- you've got your fair share of the world's gear. Now, you one-mouthed fool, mind yourself and don't obstruct me.'

Cael

Arcane
Fallout makes me think that humans are too bloody stupid to survive. SJWs, vegans, atheists, the list of entire groups of fucking retards produced by the human race just keeps increasing. Bring on the nuclear apocalypse! Someone hit the damned reset button already!

"War. War never changes."

:troll:

Codex Year of the Donut
War has changed.

It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.

Nas92

Augur
I like Fallout 1 and New Vegas only. All the other Fallout games I'm either not interested in playing (Tactics, Fallout 4) or I just dislike them (Fallout 2 and 3).

flushfire

Augur
1, 2 and New Vegas. Although, unlike most of the codex I actually didn't dislike 3 too much. I thought it could've been a decent game if it had (much) better writing. 4 on the other hand, is only one of the few games I dropped mid-game. Everything in that game felt pointless.

As for what the games make me think? I've always wondered what the environment would actually be like, realistically. I've also thought of what a good villain would be, since both the enclave and legion were seriously flawed IMO.

Prime Junta

Fallout 1 is uniquely great. Fallout 2 has some better bits but is worse overall, in particular it's too big for the mechanics to handle which makes difficulty fluctuate wildly between one-shot dead and one-shot kill. FONV is a worthy successor and interesting in how it demonstrates that the heart of Fallout really can be transplanted to completely different gameplay.

I also think it's time to put the franchise -- and the post-apoc subgenre in general -- to bed. It's been done to death. Time for something different.

JoonaAhonen

Prospernaut
Shitposter
I also think it's time to put the franchise -- and the post-apoc subgenre in general -- to bed. It's been done to death. Time for something different.
Yeah, I suppose I agree, even though I'm currently a post-apocunt. That's only because I'm pretty new to RPGs. I started with the Fallout series, and I think my top 3 RPGs so far are Fallout, Fallout 2, and Wasteland. I kind of joined the Codex so that people that are well-versed in RPGs could recommend me games - through me reading opinions or them directly telling me to play something.

Let me ask you: Do people here generally dislike "RECOMEN ME RPG" posts? I have a less important question too: Can your tags get removed if they don't seem to fit? I really want to get the Bethestard tag for ironic purposes, but I don't feel like sucking Todd's dick all the time.

rohand

Cipher
maxresdefault.jpg

deama

Prophet
I kinda liked what they did with fallout 4, I liked the new power armour idea, I liked the base building thing, the gun play was pretty good etc...
The only things I didn't like was the MC voice acting, and the level scaling: they seemed to have made the level scaling worse than how it was back in 3/NV.

Let me ask you: Do people here generally dislike "RECOMEN ME RPG" posts? I have a less important question too: Can your tags get removed if they don't seem to fit? I really want to get the Bethestard tag for ironic purposes, but I don't feel like sucking Todd's dick all the time.
From me daily browsing this place, I don't see many "recommend me RPGs" posts, and I think this place likes them anyway. But be sure to use the search bar first.

Lurker47

Savant
Fallout will be the martyr for the true RPG classic. Its personality and philosophies will far outlive more tangible parts of its writing, gameplay, and C&C. Its unique vision makes it admirable and well, good but it's not grand enough to truly live up to all of its hype and status.

I've only grown indifferent because of this context- I'm just waiting for someone who actually understands Fallout to make a truly great game inspired by it.

PorkBarrellGuy

>Me want bawls.

41QSWcYSdFL.jpg

Reasonably tasty for an energy drink.

Oracsbox

Unfortunately Fallout makes me think of the complete decline in civilisation. Anyone who likes 3&4 should be banned from the codex then hunted down and eaten they are abominations in the sight of God.Hopefully anyone who plays Fallout 76 will suffer purely by playing fallout 76.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
the correct wording is: Fallout 1, New Vegas and 2 are the only good ones (in that order)

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I kinda liked what they did with fallout 4, I liked the new power armour idea, I liked the base building thing, the gun play was pretty good etc...
The only things I didn't like was the MC voice acting, and the level scaling: they seemed to have made the level scaling worse than how it was back in 3/NV.

From me daily browsing this place, I don't see many "recommend me RPGs" posts, and I think this place likes them anyway. But be sure to use the search bar first.
i wouldn't use the search bar.

PanteraNera

Arcane
wtfamireading.png

Since 21 fucking years I am waiting for a better post apocalyptic game than Fallout 1. Only a few get a little close to it.

But yeah probably not gonna happen.

When USA and Russia start WW III next year I probably have to create my own real-life adventure.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I selected "The Fallout series ends after Fallout 1"

Tbh Fallout 1 could had been turned out differently from what we have, in the Fallout Bible there was talks about sentient raccoons in Fallout 1 that didn't made it in and stuff like that was my main gripe with Fallout 2.
Shift of tone.

I loved Fallout 1, I think it actually was the first game I was really hyped about (second game was Jagged Alliance 2) Fallout 2 gave more and had some improvements like "take all", gun modifications and other stuff, but the setting just didn't worked for me. It was to silly, to much pun, the whole gangster / mobster thing.

Fallout 2 is still a good Fallout game and I do have quite some memorize about the game and haven't played it in years, like the old lady that has a Deathclaw in a shed for its eggs, to make omelettes. My Fallout 1 memory of Deathclaws is the first encounter with a Deathclaw in a cave near the Hub. Before you only heard rumors, I will never forget my first time I encountered it, I was excited and scared.

Fallout New Vegas, I am still not sure what to think of it, the tone kinda is better than Fallout 2 but nothing like Fallout 1, so I have mixed feelings about it were to put it on my Fallout list.

Fallout 3 and 4 uhm ... I played both a little, but ... no, no, no. It might be an enjoyable game, if the story/writing/characters wouldn't be so fucking retarded. Honestly, it is just bad. And I am not even talking about retcon's and lore fuck-ups. It is like you play the whole game with a low-intelligence character, but acting like it is rocket science.

Wasteland 2 wasn't my "Fallout 1 successor" either, as it was again to silly for my taste.

So yeah for me there is only Fallout 1 and that is mainly because of the tone, the writing, the world, the characters and the story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom