Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Momock

Augur
All I'm interested in if bullets will still look like steaming burgers.
The steam burger bullets ara the raison d'être of the new artstyle (they don't look so silly anymore!)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Reminds me of certain cyberpunk comics art, Josan Gonzalez for example: https://www.artstation.com/josan

jo-san-archivist2.jpg

josan-gonzalez-theraid4.jpg
Wow, reminds me of Geof Darrow. Which came first, the Darrow or the Gonzalez?

20130715-130712.jpg

edit: oops, guess I'm late. Diggfinger already caught this.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Moebius came sooner than both of them. The Long Tomorrow, illustrated by him and written by Dan O'Bannon in 1975 is one of the first cyberpunk stories ever and was also used as an inspiration for the visuals of the best cyberpunk movie - Blade Runner.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Fuck...this looks like GTA V now. At least it’s TPP cyberpunk. Mebrilia .

:troll:

In all seriousness, i’m loving this art style. Great job Whalenought_Joe.

I do like the idea of the old one, but man if this aint something unqiue and fresh.

Altho tbh, this color pallete is closer to the original logo artwork. Although that was a bit darker.

EDIT: Fuck this looks better everytime I look at it.

While i am a bit disappointed cyberpunk 2077 will be first person only reading allowed me to understood why they took this decision.. They also been exceptionally bad in to explaining the reasoning for this decision i am still looking forward for cyberpunk 2077. About this game well... Usually indies don't make the cyberpunk right to start with but i am more than interested to see what they are doing with this title.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Merlkir imagine yourself as a more casual player browsing through the Steam catalogue or a gaming news/site blog lookin' for new games to check out. Which is more likely to make you stop and read more about what this thing is:
maxresdefault.jpg

DgN4lwEV4AEy-PV.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Merlkir imagine yourself as a more casual player browsing through the Steam catalogue or a gaming news/site blog lookin' for new games to check out. Which is more likely to make you stop and read more about what this thing is:
maxresdefault.jpg

DgN4lwEV4AEy-PV.jpg

The top one looks more appealing to me. Bottom looks too similar to wannabe-artsy indie trash at first glance.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Looks like jet set radio—kinda decline imo. But I didn't really like the previous graphic style either. The graphics in SitS were great, and I would have much preferred a new game with graphics similar to that game.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I think neither is going to appeal more to a casual player. As to whether it's more worth it to cater to grogs or try to widen your audience, I'm not touching that...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Laughin' at all the people who preferred the nondescript Russian-shovelwarey look it had before this. These graphics are more likely to get 'em noticed, the other style wouldn't.

Wasn't it supposed to look PS1 like?

Big Wrangle

It had the look, especially the one right before this shift, but I don't think the game was ever intended to be a throwback to the console visually. At least, not explicitly.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I wonder sometimes if indies game producers have sometimes a sort of unwritten rule they follow: We must not use textures in our games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom