Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Ivan

Arcane
imo only the first is truly worthwhile. 999 I believe it's called.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Little advice for everyone, before buying games check prices on other sites because you can often find better deals.

Or you could install the Enhanced Steam extension for your browser.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

price_history.png

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Little advice for everyone, before buying games check prices on other sites because you can often find better deals.

Or you could install the Enhanced Steam extension for your browser.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

price_history.png

I actually mentioned Enhanced Steam in my post but unlike AllKeysShop it doesnt show prices of key seller sites.

Also site like IsThereAnyDeal lets you to wishlist game for certain price so you get email notification when the game gets on sale across all game stores.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
VCBs3Zl.jpg

Not the most exciting of purchases but hey, I own most of the good shit out there. Played some Duke already and that lighting does look nice I have to say. Assuming the new campaign is half-decent I think it's $5 well spent. Mega Man keeps the slowdown from the NES versions, which is stupid and atrocious. Fuck puritan losers who would ask for such a thing. Played Bulletstorm Windows Live edition already years ago and enjoyed it a ton, fuck you haters. Everything else on there will probably take me years to install.

Heretic

Cipher
VCBs3Zl.jpg

Not the most exciting of purchases but hey, I own most of the good shit out there. Played some Duke already and that lighting does look nice I have to say. Assuming the new campaign is half-decent I think it's $5 well spent. Mega Man keeps the slowdown from the NES versions, which is stupid and atrocious. Fuck puritan losers who would ask for such a thing. Played Bulletstorm Windows Live edition already years ago and enjoyed it a ton, fuck you haters. Everything else on there will probably take me years to install.
Ah, Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry. I see you are a distinguished connoiseur. :)
If I remember correctly, I was positively surprised by the writing. There was a lot of cursing, posturing and sexism, which is as I would imagine a pirate society.
Gameplay was similar to Two Worlds.
But I think I stopped playing because of the sea battles.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DalekFlay - Kathy Rain is good; good choice. Make sure to set aside a couple evenings for it back-to-back, there is no in-game journal and you will forget important stuff if you don't play it all at once.

I grabbed:
Prey refunded @($#%&@Q#* console controls
Firewatch
Distrust

none of which I expected to pick up but the prices were all so low I decided it was time. I am going to play them all.

oh also
A Long Road Home :)

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Ah, Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry. I see you are a distinguished connoiseur. :)

I'll buy damn near any open world "RPG" for less than $10. Whether that means I am drowning in American decadence or just have no standards is up for interpretation I guess.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why did you waste dosh on Shardlight?

I figured a Wadjet Eye adventure was worth a few bucks. Is it worse than the rest of their stuff?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never heard of this before. Glanced at the steam page, saw three cinematic trailers and zero gameplay trailers. This does not imply a developer confident in their exciting gameplay. Moving on.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
I figured a Wadjet Eye adventure
I'm being dramatic. It's easily the worst Wadjet Eye (published) adv game I've played, but by no means is it horrible/dull (e.g. Broken Sword 2). I was just expecting much much more based on the cool art and setting.

I still remember Darth Roxor's joke of the Prison Escape being stupidly easy

MAXIMUM PRISON - 1 guard. Butcher Bay it is not

Explorerbc

Arcane
Like every time, the current sale is worse than the previous ones. Most of the stuff in my wishlist has been on higher discount before. Devs seem to have second thoughts about selling their games for pennies like in the past. Too bad I'm a cheap bastard and won't pay higher than the lowest historical price. Doesn't matter that much though, my wishlist is full of 500+ titles of shovelware, sometimes I feel like I am collecting trash.

I probably won't buy anything at all, maybe I'll give AoD+DR a go or some adventure game. I am glad about speding ~20$ on the gog summer sale, got better discounts on some titles, plus they offered cool rewards.

Ivan

Arcane
My tentative haul:

Dropsy
Fran Bow
Dying Light Enhanced Edition
Lara Croft GO
Hard West - Complete Edition
The Last Door

Still on the fence on:
Thimbleweed Park
Ruiner

everything else is still too expensive IMO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom