Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Unless you let me burn POW to reroll like you proposed for the live game?
Armor: [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6 Blocking 9
Dodge(75): [1d100] = 10

18 damage and a major wound if no, -1 permanent pow and special on dodge if yes.
Sorry, not wanting to be a hard-ass, but I can't make a rule-change like that on the spot, especially in the heat of a battle. . . . after the fight is over and if a majority agrees it would be a good idea, then we can change that rule going forward
Roll 1d100 for the major wound and also make a Luck roll to see if the affect of the major wounds are permanent.

Amon looks up as at the ogre approaches and winds up for a swing, and shouts. "Solon, I hope you have something good planned, otherwise we will probably end up dead!"

Amon attempts to parry the the Ogre's attack with his Xiphos. [1d100] = 71 vs 81= Success

Amon parries the attack and then stabs his blade towards the Ogres rotund, fat, abdomen. Orichalcum Broadsword Attack = [1d100] = 16 vs 91. Damage = [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6 = Special Success! + Extra die roll if the Ogre is unable to defend himself.

[1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9. Total damage is: 15

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon looks up as at the ogre approaches and winds up for a swing, and shouts. "Solon, I hope you have something good planned, otherwise we will probably end up dead!"

Amon attempts to parry the the Ogre's attack with his Xiphos. [1d100] = 71 vs 81= Success

Amon parries the attack and then stabs his blade towards the Ogres rotund, fat, abdomen. Orichalcum Broadsword Attack = [1d100] = 16 vs 91. Damage = [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6 = Special Success! + Extra die roll if the Ogre is unable to defend himself.

[1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9. Total damage is: 15
Llywelyn ap Gruffydd make a dodge roll to see if you can get inside the ogre's guard first.
The ogre grunts in frustration as Amon deftly pushes his club into the dock sending splinters flying and his eyes go wide as Amon quick as a cat darts his blade and attempts to get inside his guard, but he closes off the opening and keeps Amon at bay.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Round 3

Strike Ranks
INT Ranks

Urash 21
Amon 19
Fey Innkeeper 15
Marcán 15
Solon 14
Mab 11

DEX Ranks
Rhenmyr 18 (will fall unconscious from shock in 9 more rounds)
Amon 16
Borric 14
Mab 11

Marcán 9
Urash 9
Solon 9
Sreng and Co. 6
vuyhrPI.png

Solon finishes casting his spell a rushing noise can be heard under the docks, when all of a sudden a torrent of water rises in a column directly under Sreng and moves like a mini-tidal wave across the docks striking all of the hostile creatures on the dock (the pool of tar under Sreng is unaffected by wetting) Solon's Guide water damage [1d6] = 3 vs Sreng, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 6
Sreng is too strong to be knocked over by the wave, but one of the Ogres (in front of Mab is knocked off of his feet) , ogres(95%), roll [1d100] = 7%, [1d100] = 24%, [1d100] = 4%, [1d100] = 99%

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab stabs at the downed ogre with his spear (79%+10%) roll [1d100] = 44% vs. ogre's parry(40%-10%) roll [1d100] = 61%SUCCESS!
Mab's 1-h spear [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 vs ogre's hide [1d3] = 1 3 Damage!
The ogre cries out as Mab's spear opens up a nasty wound on the creature's thigh.

Solon continues to concentrate and move the wall of water about.
Wall of water damage [1d6] = 3 vs Sreng, vs. others [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 5
The prone ogre expires as water fills slams into his head; it looks like his neck is broken.

effort rolls to stay on their feet Sreng(130%) [1d100] = 74%, ogres(95%) [1d100] = 91%, [1d100] = 71%, [1d100] = 66%. Everyone else keeps their feet.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
What's the deal with drinking potions? I need to decide if it's worth trying to save myself or nuke myself and Sreng.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

nikolokolus

Arcane
Lots here; lemme see if I can answer this.
Lemme have another go at the ogre. I'd like to dodge instead of parrying, mind.
No worries, your parry% is slightly higher, but there's no risk of your maul breaking if their damage exceeds the HPs of your weapon.
What's the deal with drinking potions? I need to decide if it's worth trying to save myself or nuke myself and Sreng.
Depends on the potion. Herbal, non-magical brews (if they are healing potions) take effect over a few hours (things distilled from golden moss for instance). Other potions take effect immediately. Ask me what you want to drink and I'll give you an answer.
Alternately, what are the odds of my doing a bum rush to head out and move Rhenmyr to safety?
A bum-rush implies breaking contact without trying to dodge, which succeeds automatically, but will subject Borric to at least 2 free attacks, and possibly 3 or 4 (depending on where he's trying to get to). However, you could try to make a dodge roll for every opponent you are trying to get past, but you'd get stopped wherever you fail your first Dodge roll
Not good given attacks of opportunity and Sreng getting 2 nasty attacks.
Sreng would only get one free attack if Borric tried to go past him, he'd get no free attack if Borric was closing on him . . . but yeah, some nasty free attacks from a few baddies at least.
Unless I use strength to push them outta the way or something. Can't leave a bro hanging.
Knock-backs are done with a Wrestle or a shield bash.
Spot rule from page 88:
An Adventurer knocks back an opponent one yard for each point that the attacker’s STR exceeds the foe’s SIZ, with a minimum result of 1 yard. Two sorts of Knock-Back attacks exist: neither can be parried:
• A successful Wrestle roll for an attacker without a shield. Example: Bregdan is STR 16. He successfully wrestles a SIZ 14 opponent on the Resistance Table and knocks him back two meters. The opponent must receive a successful Agility roll, or go sprawling as well.
Both of these Ogres are pretty large (SIZ 19), so you're talking about a 45% chance to push one of them back about a yard (and possibly knock him over) if your wrestle roll is successful against his opposed wrestle roll. Currently the ogre that Borric slammed into at the start of the fight is tottering and looks to be on his last leg (literally) The one adjacent is uninjured, the one behind him (in-line with Sreng) is pretty battered and bruised from Solon's wall of water and Sreng seems pretty beat-up as well. FWIW, the grid squares are just for reference, this isn't like D&D where every creature occupies and blocks a square just by being there; the battlefield is fluid and there are gaps for movement.

nikolokolus

Arcane
ERYFKRAD So just to clarify, did you want to have a go at the ogre you've been whacking on, or did you want to try your "Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, help Rhenmyr" gambit?

nikolokolus

Arcane
ogre attempts to parry(40%), [1d100] = 67% FAIL!
Borric lifts his maul over his head. the wounded ogre in front of him overreacts and jerks his club up anticipating an overhand attack, instead, Borric pulls down his maul swings low and up, knocking the ogre in the chin; teeth and a tusk go flying and the creature topples backward dead as disco.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would I be able to soldier carry Rhenmyr to Solon(I think they can heal?), by just making 2 dodge around Sreng and Ogre 1, and just moving around the group of other Ogres?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
For what it's worth, I'm not incapacitated. I just think I'm going to die when Sreng gets his 2 haxing attacks. I would rather unleash 2 vials of Altalantian whoopass on him first. Blow him to bits and he wont regenerate I imagine. If I land a hit with my spear it might do him in. 6-7 +1d6 with a good chance of 1d6 fire to boot. But unseen servant is a dick.

Potions: I have 2 healing potions from the goblin guy.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For what it's worth, I'm not incapacitated. I just think I'm going to die when Sreng gets his 2 haxing attacks. I would rather unleash 2 vials of Altalantian whoopass on him first. Blow him to bits and he wont regenerate I imagine. If I land a hit with my spear it might do him in. 6-7 +1d6 with a good chance of 1d6 fire to boot. But unseen servant is a dick.

Potions: I have 2 healing potions from the goblin guy.
You're overthinking it. Just kick/stab him in the family jewels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom