Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page, with pre-order:

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER BONUS
Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Chris Model"
- Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Jill Model"
- Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard Re:2 Wallpaper Pack

DELUXE EDITION
The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: "Arklay Sheriff"
-Leon Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Military"
-Claire Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Elza Walker"
-Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Albert Model"
-"Original Ver." Soundtrack Swap

Wunderbar

Arcane
ss_cd289d2e809b3fcb236a4f193a43a16787c6bc87.1920x1080.jpg
looks like selfie

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-2-remake-pc-system-requirements/

The common cold

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 11

The G-Virus

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-9590 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 3GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
DIGITAL PRE-ORDER BONUS
Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Chris Model"
- Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Jill Model"
- Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard Re:2 Wallpaper Pack

DELUXE EDITION
The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: "Arklay Sheriff"
-Leon Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Military"
-Claire Costume: "Noir"
-Claire Costume: "Elza Walker"
-Deluxe Weapon: "Samurai Edge - Albert Model"
-"Original Ver." Soundtrack Swap

They better not lock all these extra weapons and costumes behind DLC. One of the attractive parts of the original RE games were the replay value they had, and part of that was completing the game in specific ways to unlock hidden costumes and weapons. Being able to buy them as DLC really cheapens the whole experience.

Edit: Also I downloaded the demo for The Evil Within, and from how it appeared in the RE2 E3 video I have to imagine the shooting in RE2 will be extremely similar to how it feels in TEW, which is a better version of RE4 but still not classic RE.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
First of all
I have to imagine the shooting in RE2 will be extremely similar to how it feels in TEW, which is a better version of RE4 but still not classic RE.
So I am talking specifically about the shooting and general combat mechanics, which are very similar to RE4 but an improvement in all regards: enemies are more vicious and mobile so you don't have as much leisure to line up shots like in RE4, enemies react in more unique ways to being shot and the animations are better across the board, guns feels more powerful, the corpse burning mechanic borrowed from REmake is implemented in a novel way, the larger enemies like the chainsaw maniac are significantly harder to deal with and more frightening, the areas in which fights play out are more open and allow for a number of different approaches, and so on and so on.

I had written off TEW on release but now that I tried the demo I don't see any significant way, other than the annoyingly lengthy intro, in which it is inferior to RE4, not that this means much since I have a very low opinion of RE4.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The remake of the original is such a uniquely beautiful game, while this one looks good enough it is disappointing to see that it was not given the same treatment. It might turn out to be really good, but I have no faith that it will be as memorable.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The remake of the original is such a uniquely beautiful game, while this one looks good enough it is disappointing to see that it was not given the same treatment. It might turn out to be really good, but I have no faith that it will be as memorable.
I think from we have seen so far this will be on the level of the RE remake, they do have a pretty good backdrop and by fleshing out some the locations and characters as they have show they have a pretty great shot of hitting a home run

Ivan

Arcane
First of all
I have to imagine the shooting in RE2 will be extremely similar to how it feels in TEW, which is a better version of RE4 but still not classic RE.
So I am talking specifically about the shooting and general combat mechanics, which are very similar to RE4 but an improvement in all regards: enemies are more vicious and mobile so you don't have as much leisure to line up shots like in RE4, enemies react in more unique ways to being shot and the animations are better across the board, guns feels more powerful, the corpse burning mechanic borrowed from REmake is implemented in a novel way, the larger enemies like the chainsaw maniac are significantly harder to deal with and more frightening, the areas in which fights play out are more open and allow for a number of different approaches, and so on and so on.

I had written off TEW on release but now that I tried the demo I don't see any significant way, other than the annoyingly lengthy intro, in which it is inferior to RE4, not that this means much since I have a very low opinion of RE4.

You know now that I think of it, I think TEW was Mikami's attempt to make ammends for RE4. He was selling it as a return to "classic survival horror" but all I found was a banal boring campaign hampered by some of the worst resource management I've evern found in a game and a horrible camera. The aesthetics were great but "the chainsaw" dude was re-used way too many times. Maybe it's because I found the whole package so hollow that I reflect upon with such disdain. Well, there's that and the fact that I adored RE4.

RE4 had fantastic gunplay, interesting monsters, a ridiculously fun and campy story. And my god those reload animations. The Regenerators. The excellent boss fights. The mercenaries mode.

resits urge to re-install

What are we talking about again? Oh yeah, RE2R, looks ace. Not sure if I prefer tank controls or free movement with the over the shoulder camera...

PLVFa.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I wish I liked RE4. I got to the castle with the monks and quit when the game showed me better guns and made me realize all my upgrades were wasted. That wasn't really why I quit though, mostly I hated the controls. They're still tank-like, and the game is now an action title so that feels terrible. I wish I "got it" but I just didn't. Maybe someday...

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wish I liked RE4. I got to the castle with the monks and quit when the game showed me better guns and made me realize all my upgrades were wasted. That wasn't really why I quit though, mostly I hated the controls. They're still tank-like, and the game is now an action title so that feels terrible. I wish I "got it" but I just didn't. Maybe someday...
There's nothing to get. It was novel when it came out and I admit I really enjoyed it when I first played it in the 7th grade, however I can't understand how people still have so much reverence for it. It's slow, incredibly awkward in close quarters to the point where they had to implement QTE moves just to allow you to remain mobile, and trivially easy due to many factors, like enemies being pinatas filled with ammo. And that's just the basic gameplay, not to mention how ridiculously stupid the entire plot and setting is.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What do you mean your upgrades were wasted? You can keep using all your starting equipment

Wunderbar

Arcane
What do you mean your upgrades were wasted? You can keep using all your starting equipment
Seems like a pretty lame choice to me.
with final upgrade some of those starting guns become actually better than later guns.
Handgun is trash when compared to Mauser, but pump-action shotgun gets huge range upgrade, bolt-action rifle and magnum revolver deal twice more damage than their newer counterparts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom