Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm waiting for the translation to finish to put my hands on this baby, but I'm ok, I got a BIG backlog of games I should have played already. The "wonders" of always being behind on computer-tech.

The translation is already pretty complete, just some of the end game areas lack a bit of polish compared to earlier stuff.

Sykar

Arcane
I was just wondering if this mod did some balance changes in regards to energy weapons and throwing weapons. Are these useful and are they useful as tagged skills right off the bat?
I am also wondering if tagging skills like science, barter, gambling, etc. are worth consideration, unlike in the two original games where they were borderline useless.

Lastly how prevalent is radiation and risk for receiving radiation poisoning? Both Fallout games were rather disappointing in that regard despite what their name implies.

vitamin

Augur
Could somebody tell me please where to put my skill points at this stage of the game?

https://ibb.co/gUGoaJ
gUGoaJ

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was just wondering if this mod did some balance changes in regards to energy weapons and throwing weapons. Are these useful and are they useful as tagged skills right off the bat?
I am also wondering if tagging skills like science, barter, gambling, etc. are worth consideration, unlike in the two original games where they were borderline useless.

Lastly how prevalent is radiation and risk for receiving radiation poisoning? Both Fallout games were rather disappointing in that regard despite what their name implies.

There are early game energy weapons, though I went small guns so I have no idea how good they are. As for skills, barter comes up quite frequently in dialogue options related to making deals/bribes or just getting better inventory off merchants and science is frequently used for interacting with computers throughout the mod.

You can get radiation poisoning quite easily if you hang around metal objects like wrecked cars, though "the glow" esque areas are fairly rare.

vitamin

Augur
Combat will start to get pretty hard fairly soon. You should boost small guns. Maybe get your lockpick up a bit more, too.

I weep whenever I see someone dump charisma and tag speech. This game has tons of SPECIAL checks.
Thanks for the quick reply. I just noticed my combat skills suck as I was trying to get into that military base. So definitely will improve my small guns skills.
As for charisma - afaik, it's pretty useless. Speech on the other hand is very handy for dialogue options. BTW, I was kind of creating my character using this YT video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPe2R1d1_Uc

Don't know how good/bad it is but it's only English video I could find.

Black Angel

Arcane
It's a shame nobody is translating Olympus 2207 to my knowledge; they are also working on a sequel to it at the moment.
Actually, Olympus 2207 is in process of being translated since....
Hey!

11% translated. 10 people in the team. I don't have much time to translate unfortunately but when I do I take some bits.
2016?, it seems. And it was 11% complete then, and it's been 2 years. Not sure how it fares nowadays, so StaticSpine how's the translation, comrade?

Actually, it's 36% as of June 2017, it seems http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-total-conversion.96203/page-2#post-5138308 <- someone should update this thread!

so i installed this but when i start it it goes up to a loading screen and throughs me back to desktop.
its standalone right?doesnt need fallout 2 exe?
Have you checked stuff like ddraw.ini and f2res.ini, and make sure they're set so that they're compatible with your desktop specification? And yes, it doesn't need Fallout 2 exe, and you can pretty much install it outside of Fallout 2's folder. The translation patch has to be copy-pasted into the installed Nevada folder, and if you're using the most recent v2.9 of the translation patch, notice that there's this file called ncstrzxb.int, it's actually a fix for some crash problem. It should be placed into DATA/SCRIPTS directory, but seems like Dionis forgot to place it properly with the translation patch. Don't worry, though, a new update is scheduled tomorrow.

'sides, I plan to do a Fallout back-to-back replay once again, and I want to start it with Nevada.
Be wary, though. In the words of Pope Amole II, playing Nevada first might make basic Fallout 2 feels like shit. And I can actually feel it, I don't feel like I can go back to even Fallout 1.5 after experiencing the incline that's Fallout of Nevada, and it wasn't perfectly polished translation, too.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a shame nobody is translating Olympus 2207 to my knowledge; they are also working on a sequel to it at the moment.
Actually, Olympus 2207 is in process of being translated since....
Hey!

11% translated. 10 people in the team. I don't have much time to translate unfortunately but when I do I take some bits.
2016?, it seems. And it was 11% complete then, and it's been 2 years. Not sure how it fares nowadays, so StaticSpine how's the translation, comrade?

Actually, it's 36% as of June 2017, it seems http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ut-total-conversion.96203/page-2#post-5138308 <- someone should update this thread!
Heya!

Sorry, man, I didn't have time to participate or follow the project since those times. You can ask Sunfire on Iron Tower forums. My initial goal was to connect the devs with him. I did this, ocasionally translated some bits and that's it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its nice to see its getting updated made one run but the last 1/3 of game was almost unplayable thanks to bugs, crashes and lot of Russian* text.

*I have no problem reading newspapers or listening to news but its very strange Russian at places.

soulburner

Cipher
What do I select in the installer? It doesn't even have a proper a Cyrillic font, so... do I just click "next" or select all?

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, I came here today to ask if this mod finally had a decent English installer - last time I managed to painstakingly install it, the game crashed anyway during the very first level. So has it improved?

Black Angel

Arcane
What do I select in the installer? It doesn't even have a proper a Cyrillic font, so... do I just click "next" or select all?
Well, I came here today to ask if this mod finally had a decent English installer - last time I managed to painstakingly install it, the game crashed anyway during the very first level. So has it improved?
In the translation patches folder, there's a readme folder that literally tells you everything you need to install the mod itself, and then how to apply the translation. You have to make sure you're installing the right version of Fallout of Nevada (which is basically the version Dionis and co are using to translate to English, which is version 1.02HD, and the link to download it is always shared whenever there's a new update for translation patch).

Seems like a proper English installer is a no for now, I'm vaguely remembering Foxx or someone else were working on it, but seems like they're waiting for the translation patches to be perfected before they even start working on an English installer.

Black Angel

Arcane
Thanks! And is there any ETA on that?
For the translation patches to be perfected? Most probably 'done when it's done'. For an English installer? Sadly, I honestly don't know. I dig up the thread, and find out it was actually a guy with username _Pyran_ who promised to make an installer. He already made one, but it was hastily put together with the earliest version of the translation patch, and the link has expired or something because it's only valid for 3 months.

Dionis then made it clear an English installer is not a priority for now, not until the translation patches is near-perfectly edited and refined.
Dionis said:
No English installer is needed right now because the project is not finished, the translation is, but there is still editing and tons of stuff to do, small size updates are essential, to fix something and update once in a while.
Pyran handles all our installer business, he did all this stuff for years on the mod and now he does everything for translation patches, but I will contact you if we need your help.
This was back in 2017, however. I should probably asked him for an ETA of the translation being 100% edited and refined, and so when will they start working on a proper English installer. Sorry.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks buddy. Will wait for the final version then.

honestly, you should play it ASAP. if it's crashing early that may be an issue with running Fallout 2 on newer systems. You might want to check some of the standard F2 troubleshooting fixes.

I played with the spring 2017 version of the translation last summer. The translation was inconsistent, and often bizarre. But there were only a few side quests near the end that were still in Russian and thus unplayable--and one essential pipboy note, but the translation for that was posted either here or on NMA. Even in its incomplete state, Nevada comes very close to Fallout 2 in quality (and it's much tighter than 2 while still being very large). There is a ton of replay value, too, because they worked in so much C&C and build related reactivity.

For this reason, I'm playing Nevada again with the latest translation and the writing is a lot smoother. If you wait for a final version, you'll be waiting for years, because there will always be more to improve. Anyone who waits to play Nevada at this point is doing themselves a disservice. Play it once then play it again when they finish the translation.

Look at it this way: how many times have you played 1 and 2? Nevada is almost as worthy of being replayed. The quality difference between 2 and Nevada is much smaller than the quality difference between 1 and 2.

Tons of C&C. You will replay it many times; no reason not to start now.

Modron

Arcane
Could someone post video footage of most recent version?
Why? Have you never played Fallout before?

Another day another update: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-62#post-4285863
Here is the new update, please enjoy. I will start editing Vegas, and will set myself a goal of 20kb of text each day, that's the most efficient way I discovered when working on this project. There are Vegas, Salt Lake, Gov. Vault and pipboy/item descriptions that need editing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC3UlsTWJvXH-A3o5J2VLzD-n4qGojwy/view?usp=sharing

Black Angel

Arcane
Marten Broadcloak yeah, Dionis confirmed that an English installer aren't exactly a priority right now (but he will try to ask one of the guys to get in contact with someone on the official site about it), so for the translation to be near-perfectly refined it will be done when it's done like Kyl Von Kull said, so you should probably just play right away and play again when it's done edited and refined. If you have any problem installing the mod + applying the patch properly, just ask around.

Could someone post video footage of most recent version?
Why? Have you never played Fallout before?
Oof.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Thanks buddy. Will wait for the final version then.

honestly, you should play it ASAP. if it's crashing early that may be an issue with running Fallout 2 on newer systems. You might want to check some of the standard F2 troubleshooting fixes.

I played with the spring 2017 version of the translation last summer. The translation was inconsistent, and often bizarre. But there were only a few side quests near the end that were still in Russian and thus unplayable--and one essential pipboy note, but the translation for that was posted either here or on NMA. Even in its incomplete state, Nevada comes very close to Fallout 2 in quality (and it's much tighter than 2 while still being very large). There is a ton of replay value, too, because they worked in so much C&C and build related reactivity.

For this reason, I'm playing Nevada again with the latest translation and the writing is a lot smoother. If you wait for a final version, you'll be waiting for years, because there will always be more to improve. Anyone who waits to play Nevada at this point is doing themselves a disservice. Play it once then play it again when they finish the translation.

Look at it this way: how many times have you played 1 and 2? Nevada is almost as worthy of being replayed. The quality difference between 2 and Nevada is much smaller than the quality difference between 1 and 2.

Tons of C&C. You will replay it many times; no reason not to start now.

Fuck it, I'm sold. Where do I download this, fam? My bookmark to the latest download instructions is outdated.
Thanks Black Angel, too.

Black Angel

Arcane
Fuck it, I'm sold. Where do I download this, fam? My bookmark to the latest download instructions is outdated.
Thanks Black Angel, too.
From this post
Newest translation patch uploaded just recently, as shared by Modron above
Here is the new update, please enjoy. I will start editing Vegas, and will set myself a goal of 20kb of text each day, that's the most efficient way I discovered when working on this project. There are Vegas, Salt Lake, Gov. Vault and pipboy/item descriptions that need editing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC3UlsTWJvXH-A3o5J2VLzD-n4qGojwy/view?usp=sharing
Also, notice that after you unpack the translation patch into its own folder, there will be a file called ncstrzxb.int. That file is a fix for some crash problem that has occured quite consistently across people's game, move it into DATA/SCRIPTS of the Nevada folder.

If you have more question and problems when installing, just ask us.

soulburner

Cipher
Started it up and the performance is atrocious, like 3 fps. I tried different resolutions, directdraw mode, dx9 mode, DirectDraw_Compatibility_Tool but nothing seems to help. I recall Fallout 2 functioned normally on this laptop (Thinkpad X230, i5 3320m, 8 GB RAM, intergrated HD4000 graphics, Win7 x64). Please advise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom